Official 2018 Ornament Exchange Thread (CLOSED)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Official 2018 Ornament Exchange Thread (CLOSED)

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:24 pm

If you're interested in participating in the 2018 ornament exchange, send me a private message with your name and address. This will be open until November 1st. At that point I will send out who you are to send an ornament to. I will not be responding to each message saying "got it". If you sent it, I got it. ;)

If you've never participated in this before, it's simple. You send me your information. By doing that, you are committing to sending someone else an ornament. On November 1st I will send you the name and address of a forum member for you to send an ornament to.

Deadline to mail ornaments will be November 14th which will give you 2 weeks to get and send an ornament.

Feel free to post your 'likes' on this thread, although you may not get the exact ornament you want since some people shop early.

If you have signed up for this before but did not send an ornament to your partner, you will not be able to participate this year. A list has been kept.

You must have a minimum of 100 posts on the forums here in order to participate or must have been a member of the forums for a minimum of 3 years. This prevents the "fly by" people from trying to reap the benefits of our forum regulars.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Re: Official 2018 Ornament Exchange Thread

Postby SavannahSparkles » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:39 pm

I’m signed up! My likes/dislikes are pretty much the same as last year:

I'm not too picky. There’s not too much that I would dislike. Just no tv/movie/song stuff (because I don't watch/listen to too many and probably wouldn't get it)

I would really like to see something reflective of where you live or who you are—something personal.
If you would rather pick an ornament that reminds you of me, here are some ideas:
I run 5Ks, play the ukulele, speak French, and I LOVE dogs (specifically corgis). I like all colors, but teal/turquoise are my favorite and I love anything shiny, glitter, and sparkles (obviously :P ).
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:49 am

Signed up!!

My favorite color is purple and for the most part I am not picky at all.

Happy shopping!!

fosterfamily2011
Black Friday Pro

Postby fosterfamily2011 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:36 am

I'm in and my likes are simple traditional Christmas. Anything that makes you think of Christmas as a child ;)

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:07 am

My likes are: Cats, Star Wars, birds, snowmen, santas. I'm not picky! I love all things Christmas!

I can't wait to go shopping! :D

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro

Postby schafferfamily5 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm send pm. I like anything christmas , homemade or not , any color is fine. :D

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37 am

Pm sent

I love Harry Potter. Nightmare before Christmas and blue glass. Or just anything Christmas.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:55 am

PM sent.

I collect black santas, black angels, snow white, and the female Disney villains (Evil Queen, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Cruella, Ursula, Lady Tremaine and Mother Gothel), Marvin the Martian and Los Angeles Clippers.

I love participating in this every year! I've gotten some great ornaments over the years.
I'm addicted!

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:22 pm

:o :o
Excited.

I am not picky! I like Disney items (Tinker Bell, Mickey... regular Disney), cute snowmen, classic type ornaments. The color blue. Glitter or sparkly is fine. Whatever I said last year is probably still true :lol:

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm grateful for any ornament so send whatever you like. It can be traditional or unconventional. Looking forward to being surprised! :D

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:04 pm

First year participating... open to whatever you send. As the dad of 3 kids under the age of 6, most of what we're in to has to do with their interests... PJ Masks, DC Superhero Girls, Batman and Lego Batman, but it doesn't have to be these things. We are a fan of Hallmark - but anything cute that looks good is totally fine.

chaddenise
Black Friday Pro

Postby chaddenise » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:46 pm

I’m in!

I collect snowman and nativity ornaments. I’m happy with anything tho!

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Signed up. We are also pretty happy with most anything but here are some specific ideas. Feel free to totally ignore and go with what you want to if you have something else in mind.

In the past I have always put things my girls like, so this year I will put down likes of my son. He is on a huge Nordic kick right now. Loves anything having to do with Norway/Scandinavia. He wears a silver Mjolnir pendant daily (Thor's hammer). He does not like modern versions like Marvel. He likes classic old school stuff like classic myths/legends/gods/trolls/gnomes/Vikings. We have absolutely nothing along those lines. His aspiration is to be a Marine after high school. So anything USMC themed is also great. My son is 13 and is my youngest.

And I like Santas from around the world as well as very traditional Country type Christmas ornaments.

omalkm
Black Friday Pro

Postby omalkm » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:32 pm

I am signed up as well. I would like an ornament that represents where you are from. It can be anything you want.

Thanks

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:48 pm

PM sent!

My likes are anything Disney, Harry Potter or anything a 3-year old girl may like (her fave colors are pink and purple!)

Return to “Off Topic”