I hate Walmart.com!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

momof583
Black Friday Pro

I hate Walmart.com!

Postby momof583 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 am

So remember the 2ds deal that Walmart had a few weeks ago? Well I bought one and had it sent to store. I signed in my account and bought one assuming that it would be sent to my store that I had saved to my account. Only to find out the next day it was sent to another store across the country!! I called customer service and they said they couldn't cancel but would email the store manager who would cancel the order and issue me a refund.They also said that this happens quite often! Waited a week nothing happen called back and they said they would email again. All the while I am calling said store and no one answers the phone. Waited another week called and they said they will email one more time. I call the store again finally reach someone and they cancel the order. I then called the customer service and asked if they could price match and of course they wouldn't said it was a one day deal.Moral of the story if you are going to do a site to store triple check every step of the way that it's sent to the right store. I for one will never buy from walmart.com again and will turn my business to Target.

HighwayForFriday
Black Friday Pro

Re: I hate Walmart.com!

Postby HighwayForFriday » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:19 pm

momof583 wrote:So remember the 2ds deal that Walmart had a few weeks ago? Well I bought one and had it sent to store. I signed in my account and bought one assuming that it would be sent to my store that I had saved to my account. Only to find out the next day it was sent to another store across the country!! I called customer service and they said they couldn't cancel but would email the store manager who would cancel the order and issue me a refund.They also said that this happens quite often! Waited a week nothing happen called back and they said they would email again. All the while I am calling said store and no one answers the phone. Waited another week called and they said they will email one more time. I call the store again finally reach someone and they cancel the order. I then called the customer service and asked if they could price match and of course they wouldn't said it was a one day deal.Moral of the story if you are going to do a site to store triple check every step of the way that it's sent to the right store. I for one will never buy from walmart.com again and will turn my business to Target.

I'm sorry but the only person you should be blaming is yourself. Why assume? I mean, even when you do complete the transaction, you can notice what store is says it's shipping it too.

The whole hassle after is understandable to be angry about; but had you checked before completing the transaction, you would have saved yourself from all that mess.
HighwayForFriday??? On Black Friday you gotta make a run to the nearest highway for your favorite deals duh!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:31 pm

HighwayForFriday wrote:
I'm sorry but the only person you should be blaming is yourself. Why assume? I mean, even when you do complete the transaction, you can notice what store is says it's shipping it too.

The whole hassle after is understandable to be angry about; but had you checked before completing the transaction, you would have saved yourself from all that mess.

I totally understand your frustration, and I would be quite upset also. However, I do have to side with this statement as you should ALWAYS double check where your order is being sent before submitting your information. This saves a lot of trouble in the long run (as indicated here). Sorry that you missed out on your deal.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:46 pm

I did that once when ordering pizza.... I accidentally had my work address selected and the driver called me and was like "uhhh there's no one here" so they were nice enough to transfer the order to the right store but they were out a pizza. so now I always double, triple, quadruple check whenever a pick up or delivery address is involved!!

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:23 pm

Yeah something like this it sucks but this is something when you do online you just have to check.

Walmart (and Target) for whatever reason will try to autodetect the store closest to you. It just... is rarely right. I ALWAYS have to manually correct.

The ONLY time it never changes is when I order medicine from their pharmacy, that is pretty much locked in unless I tell it to change.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:38 pm

I had a huge issue with them last year, I ordered 2 items, they cancelled one and didn't refund me any money, didn't even tell me how much the other item would be. I had to dispute with paypal just to get my money back. Never again.

You should have checked the address, but the runaround they agve you was completely unnecessary. And typical of them!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:35 am

CrazyTrain wrote:I had a huge issue with them last year, I ordered 2 items, they cancelled one and didn't refund me any money, didn't even tell me how much the other item would be. I had to dispute with paypal just to get my money back. Never again.

You should have checked the address, but the runaround they agve you was completely unnecessary. And typical of them!

Another lesson learned - don't use paypal on retail store sites ;)

I did that with target once.... bought a camera... it got lost in the mail, they couldn't send another one and because I paid with paypal they said they could only give me a gift card as the refund. I should have fought it more but I'm a bit of a pushover.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:21 am

bfaddict wrote:
CrazyTrain wrote:I had a huge issue with them last year, I ordered 2 items, they cancelled one and didn't refund me any money, didn't even tell me how much the other item would be. I had to dispute with paypal just to get my money back. Never again.

I did that with target once.... bought a camera... it got lost in the mail, they couldn't send another one and because I paid with paypal they said they could only give me a gift card as the refund. I should have fought it more but I'm a bit of a pushover.

Never buy a large ticket item with PayPal unless you are picking it up in the store or buying it there. You lose the credit card protection (dispute system) in that case.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:44 am

blue3715 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:

Never buy a large ticket item with PayPal unless you are picking it up in the store or buying it there. You lose the credit card protection (dispute system) in that case.

Yea i did it out of laziness (didn't want to get up and get my CC out of my purse) but never again!!
You still do have protection with paypal though and if you use your CC through paypal you still have protection through your credit card if paypal fails you.

shopqueen
Black Friday Newbie

Postby shopqueen » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah Walmart sucks. Apparently it is also the most dangerous store for Black Friday shopping (http://internetinyourarea.com/most-violent-black-friday-stores) so that makes 2 reasons to not go there this year.... :lol:

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Yeah I have no clue why I used paypal either lol At least mine wasn't a large purchase, a book and something small. And they refunded my entire purchase, but sent me the book so I came out ahead anyway! But never again.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:11 pm

momof583 wrote:So remember the 2ds deal that Walmart had a few weeks ago? Well I bought one and had it sent to store. I signed in my account and bought one assuming that it would be sent to my store that I had saved to my account. Only to find out the next day it was sent to another store across the country!! I called customer service and they said they couldn't cancel but would email the store manager who would cancel the order and issue me a refund.They also said that this happens quite often! Waited a week nothing happen called back and they said they would email again. All the while I am calling said store and no one answers the phone. Waited another week called and they said they will email one more time. I call the store again finally reach someone and they cancel the order. I then called the customer service and asked if they could price match and of course they wouldn't said it was a one day deal.Moral of the story if you are going to do a site to store triple check every step of the way that it's sent to the right store. I for one will never buy from walmart.com again and will turn my business to Target.

I am sorry but walmart.com is not wrong for this one. When ordering online especially from companies I use alot, I know alot of times certain items are not pre-populated or remembered so I just automatically check each step of the checkout process to make sure everything is in order.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:09 pm

I disagree with the masses. Things happen, mistakes are made. It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE and let's face it........WALMART sucks! As does most customer services anymore. It is a shame and unacceptable IMO
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

Return to “Rants and Raves”