my package got stolen

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

my package got stolen

Postby JrdnJstn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm

I ordered a video game off of Amazon for my kids. Well i forgot all about it and only remembered about it because I received a package from Staples.
I looked online to see when the Amazon package was supposed to be delivered and it stated 2 days before I even got my Staples package. On Amazon website it says to contact the carrier, which I did. So I guess Im just out of luck...any suggestions?

The USPS (who delivered the package) and UPS always leave packages at my front door, which I never use and no one ever comes to my front door, they know to go to the back.

Anyways the only person I can think of that may have taken it is the guy who delivers a notice on my door to mow my grass. I don't think anyone drove by and saw it and took it because there is a large bush by my front door.
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: my package got stolen

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 pm

ugh that sucks!!! really amazon should be the one trying to contact the post office for you. cause usually the sender has to do the paper work for insurance and stuff.
hopefully amazon will give you the benefit of the doubt and send another one.

have you spoken with anyone at amazon or just read what to do on their website? if you don't have any luck with the post office then i would call or email amazon. they should make it right since they decided to use USPS and not something that would normal require a signature like UPS or Fedex

i'm so worried that something like that will happen so normally i have stuff sent to my work address.
but when i wanted to order a new camera ($350+) they wouldn't allow me to because the shipping address had to match billing. so lame.... but thankfully i could get it routed to a fed-ex office to pick up so it wasn't sitting outside my house.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Jordn,
I have had a few packages stolen over the years. I always notify the sender etc, and they have all made it right. Old Navy refunded my money because the item went out of stock, and sent a 25$ gift card as well for the trouble....
Steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Giraffe34
Black Friday Pro

Postby Giraffe34 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:37 pm

I know that feels horrible, that happened to me earlier this year when I ordered a Coach purse for my birthday. I was really devastated too, but Coach did believe my situation and sent another new purse to me, only I couldn't return it or exchange it which was fine by me because I wanted it. Hopefully Amazon will help you out in this situation.

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.

I didn't contact Amazon because it said to contact the carrier first. I will contact Amazon.
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I have been seeing this on the national news lately. Apparently this is happening nation wide, because of the holiday thieves are stealing packages. They've been warning people about it. I'm sorry your package got stolen!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 pm

teknoge3k wrote:I have been seeing this on the national news lately. Apparently this is happening nation wide, because of the holiday thieves are stealing packages. They've been warning people about it. I'm sorry your package got stolen!

Yes I have seen it too. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood and my neighbors are pretty great people. This is the first time it has happened though now I will be more alert to check for the package more and make a note to myself to remember.

I just hate the fact that these services don't knock on your door or anything just to alert you. Im home all day long. Next time I order something I'm thinking of putting a note on my door for them to please knock

On a side note I wrote Amazon an email about what happened and they wrote me back fairly quickly saying they were going to replace it and send it 2-day mail so I will be searching for it tomorrow. I wasn't really expecting that. Thumbs up for Amazon!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Amazon is wonderful for so many reasons!!!

I understand why the couriers don't knock though, they're so pressed for time they can't wait on every delivery to come to the door. However if you just want them to knock or ring a bell to alert you something is there without waiting on you to come to the door, I am sure you can discuss that with your courier person!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Last night UPS actually knocked on my door! I was so excited. He was still there when I got to the door, so I was able to thank him too :)

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm

I have had that happen as well and like most people I called the company I ordered from and they replaced it.

Also what I used to do when I knew I had packages coming, a day or two when they were supposed to get delievered, I would put a note on my door saying "ATTN USPS, UPS & Fed Ex, DO NOT LEAVE PACKAGES ON or around DOOR PEOPLE STEAL. WILL PICK UP from such and such.

saladdays
Black Friday Pro

Postby saladdays » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:45 pm

bfaddict wrote:have you spoken with anyone at amazon or just read what to do on their website? if you don't have any luck with the post office then i would call or email amazon. they should make it right since they decided to use USPS and not something that would normal require a signature like UPS or Fedex

Talking with a FedEx employee a few weeks ago, I found out that FedEx doesn't normally require signatures anymore for residential addresses. Apparently, unless you pay extra money for the package to get a signature, they won't get one even if you check the signature required box.

Not sure what UPS still does or doesn't do.

micknkids
Black Friday Pro

Postby micknkids » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 am

just a heads up so you don't lose anymore packages. Whenever you order something online, you usually get an email confirmation for your order and then a follow up of when your item shipped with a tracking #. You can click the tracking # and when you get to USPS/UPS/FEDEX's site, you can select to be notified of any changes to your package. IE...sorted through so & so, delayed or going out for delivery the next day.

Also sign up for UPS My Choice, I love this service. They send you an email, voice or text message the day before your delivery goes out to you. You can track your package, reroute it, and schedule them to hold your package to be released at a later date/time that's more convenient for you.

http://www.ups.com/mychoice/?WT.mc_id=i ... &WT.srch=1

shopmom30
Black Friday Pro

Postby shopmom30 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 am

I live in the country and have a lot of land and a long drive way off the road. Our guys tends to leave our packages in all kinds of places so I try to be home when I know something is coming. I was not to happy about our new laptops being left on the windsheild of my minivan! I know the dude didnt know what was in the boxes but geezzz. I have had packages on my car, put in plastic bags and hung from a tree in my driveway. Boxes sat in the same tree and placed in my barn. I had to hunt down a package one time that was placed in the seat of the lawn mower in my barn. It was a gift sent to me by my brother so I had no clue when it would be sent so it sat there for 2 days before I noticed it.

I am glad they replaced your package.

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:03 am

So I got my package yesterday. I followed the tracking also. This time UPS sent it out and the guy knocked on my door, as soon as he knocked I went and got it.

I sat down at my computer which is next to a window that faces the street so I can hear cars if they are parked in front of my place. Well i heard a car and it was not going anywhere so i got up and went outside and he took off. I don't know if he was maybe following the UPS guy or what but he came maybe 2min after UPS knocked on my door. I'm thinking this guy was following UPS truck and then waited for UPS truck to leave and then pull up to my walkway and was going to get out and snatch the package

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 am

oh wow, that's crazy!!!
might not be a bad idea to see if you can contact your local UPS and alert them that you think people might be following their trucks so the drivers can be more aware.
not that they can sit with the packages until someone picks them up.. but if they're suspicious of someone they could maybe call the cops.

Return to “Rants and Raves”