Sears Thanksgiving day doorbusters.

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

nickjr101
Black Friday Pro

Sears Thanksgiving day doorbusters.

Postby nickjr101 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 am

Anyone know if Sears will be doing their advertised Thanksgiving door buster deals online as well?? want that Toshiba TV but my sears is always crowded and was wanting to get it from the comfort of my own home.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: Sears Thanksgiving day doorbusters.

Postby steffj89 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 am

Check the sears website for info about the shop your way rewards...my understanding is that members will be able to order from the BF sale stuff Tues?
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

luvhockey
Black Friday Newbie

Postby luvhockey » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:54 am

Hey, early bird! Members can buy some of our hottest doorbusters from
November 18 at 5pm through November 19 at 11:59pm CST. Quantities are limited*, so snap up these great deals before they go on sale for everyone else!

I'll be trying for the 32" under $100 tv but I doubt that will be included in 'some'

nickjr101
Black Friday Pro

Postby nickjr101 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:34 pm

luvhockey wrote:
Hey, early bird! Members can buy some of our hottest doorbusters from
November 18 at 5pm through November 19 at 11:59pm CST. Quantities are limited*, so snap up these great deals before they go on sale for everyone else!

I'll be trying for the 32" under $100 tv but I doubt that will be included in 'some'

Source???

Chevyman22
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Chevyman22 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 am

Looks like I'm camping out for the 50" Toshiba for $299. Think 5 am Thanksgiving morning for the 8 pm opening will be early enough ?

The mall that the Sears here is located in is not that busy anymore since JC Penny closed and Riches merged with Macy's. 90% of the stores in the mall now are trendy clothes and shoe stores that don't really have huge Black Friday sales as far as doorbusters go. Even on a weekend you do good to find 50 cars in the parking lot.

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Postby MegaBlue » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:49 am

I'd do a drive-by early Thursday morning, just to make sure. Black Friday sales tend to draw people out in massive crowds, so, despite the mall not being normally busy, Sears might do a ton of sales on that day.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 am

i've heard of lines for Kmarts Tday sale... so i wouldn't be surprised if there were some for Sears.
but i've gone to kmart on Tday either late morning or early afternoon and it's pretty calm.

Chevyman22
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Chevyman22 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:44 am

They closed all the K-Marts in my area. The closest one to me now is about a 45 min. to an hour drive. So it's possible they might get some people looking for the tv's that normally would've gone to K-Mart.

I'll talk to the manager this weekend and get specifics on how they will work the line. They have a main entrance then the Mall entrance as well. I'm not sure if the mall will open to let people in out of the cold and they end up with lines at both entrances or how that works. I'm guessing they do tickets like most places to avoid a trampling situation.

This will be my first time waiting in line so it's all new to me.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:20 am

bfaddict wrote:i've heard of lines for Kmarts Tday sale... so i wouldn't be surprised if there were some for Sears.
but i've gone to kmart on Tday either late morning or early afternoon and it's pretty calm.

Very true...Kmart is not that busy on Thanksgiving...its BF where it gets crazy.

sicmaggot
Black Friday Newbie

Postby sicmaggot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:16 am

we've never done a sears black friday or sale and was wondering if they give tickets out for the door busters or if anyone knows how it works. also i was trying to figure out what time to be there to get the 50" toshiba but i have no idea so any suggestions would be helpful.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

sicmaggot wrote:we've never done a sears black friday or sale and was wondering if they give tickets out for the door busters or if anyone knows how it works. also i was trying to figure out what time to be there to get the 50" toshiba but i have no idea so any suggestions would be helpful.

Yes they do tickets. Mine that i worked at used to do the strangest distribution method of the tickets. They had 3 managers walking the line and something that shocked me occurred. They passed tickets to the front of the line simultaneously with the middle and end of the line. So there were people ticket-less at the front and people who just arrived getting door busters. wtf mate.

Superstar75
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Superstar75 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 pm

john.daggett wrote:
sicmaggot wrote:we've never done a sears black friday or sale and was wondering if they give tickets out for the door busters or if anyone knows how it works. also i was trying to figure out what time to be there to get the 50" toshiba but i have no idea so any suggestions would be helpful.

Yes they do tickets. Mine that i worked at used to do the strangest distribution method of the tickets. They had 3 managers walking the line and something that shocked me occurred. They passed tickets to the front of the line simultaneously with the middle and end of the line. So there were people ticket-less at the front and people who just arrived getting door busters. wtf mate.

They try and do that in a line I'm standing in, and they'll end up with an incited riot on their hands. lol

Lisaizme
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Lisaizme » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm looking at the online sears ads and I can't find the Toshiba referenced here:

http://bfads.net/Sears-Black-Friday-Tos ... HD50L2200U

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Lisaizme wrote:I'm looking at the online sears ads and I can't find the Toshiba referenced here:
http://bfads.net/Sears-Black-Friday-Tos ... HD50L2200U

On the BFAds.net adscan, it is on page 28 (the last page) of the Sears Thanksgiving Day sale flyer:
http://bfads.net/Ad/Sears-Thanksgiving/ ... scanPage28

On the sears.com online flyer, it is on page 64 (the last page).

The 50" Toshiba TV is sort of hidden in plain sight on the last page of the flyer. I also had a difficult time finding it at first.

Sra Beasley
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sra Beasley » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the sale start at 9pm EST tonight online? I am waiting, and I don't see anything!!

Return to “Retail Stores”