If I don't see Walmart's ad soon....

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

If I don't see Walmart's ad soon....

Postby nikol0304 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:13 pm

...I'll probably have a meltdown.

Anyone else not thrilled with the current ads and putting even more and more pressure on WM? lol...Dying here. I don't know how the next 10-12 days are going to be.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:41 pm

You won't see their ad until the week of Black Friday due to Cease and Desist orders that were sent out.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 pm

will you take a pic of that meltdown and post please?

I thought Wal-mart usually waits to the last minute anyways
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Probably we will get a list of items soon from another Walmart employee who will be caught and fired again.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Well, I'm not holding my breath....I just know I'm looking for quite a few things that I haven't seen great deals on yet. So hopefully when Walmart's ads come out, they don't disappoint.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:49 pm

I know I have said this a few times...however, I am impressed with Walmart's Sat deals and overall deals before BF.

I don't know if their BF deals will eclipse what they are doing now, but the anticipation is building.

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Just wait it out. You'll be able to find it soon enough.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 pm

jediknight wrote:I know I have said this a few times...however, I am impressed with Walmart's Sat deals and overall deals before BF.

I don't know if their BF deals will eclipse what they are doing now, but the anticipation is building.

Very true. Oh the suspense!

shanyo76
Black Friday Pro

Postby shanyo76 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:58 am

jediknight wrote:Probably we will get a list of items soon from another Walmart employee who will be caught and fired again.

Oh wow, did that happen? That sucks.....

Ghost3B
Black Friday Pro

Postby Ghost3B » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:52 pm

I'm tired of waiting for Wal Mart. I'm making my plans and they don't include Wal-Mart. I'm tired of their BF paranoia. Like someone has said previously, all of the sales were finalized months ago by all companies. No other company is going to match any of their deals or change their ad at this point. What is the issue with the ad getting out a couple weeks early? Nothing...other than Wal Mart trying to flex their muscle on a couple of small websites and Black Friday enthusiasts. Well, I'm flexing my muscle back and I'm no longer going to Wal Mart on Black Friday until they lose their attitude about Black Friday.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Ghost3B wrote:I'm tired of waiting for Wal Mart. I'm making my plans and they don't include Wal-Mart. I'm tired of their BF paranoia. Like someone has said previously, all of the sales were finalized months ago by all companies. No other company is going to match any of their deals or change their ad at this point. What is the issue with the ad getting out a couple weeks early? Nothing...other than Wal Mart trying to flex their muscle on a couple of small websites and Black Friday enthusiasts. Well, I'm flexing my muscle back and I'm no longer going to Wal Mart on Black Friday until they lose their attitude about Black Friday.

Well honestly...I would think they'd have a right to be paranoid. They are one of the biggest retailers and they DID have someone die last year on BF. Makes sense to me.

And I'm not worried about price matching or anyone changing their ads. Just excited to see what Walmart has in store. That's really about it.

Ghost3B
Black Friday Pro

Postby Ghost3B » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:41 pm

nikol0304 wrote:
Ghost3B wrote:I'm tired of waiting for Wal Mart. I'm making my plans and they don't include Wal-Mart. I'm tired of their BF paranoia. Like someone has said previously, all of the sales were finalized months ago by all companies. No other company is going to match any of their deals or change their ad at this point. What is the issue with the ad getting out a couple weeks early? Nothing...other than Wal Mart trying to flex their muscle on a couple of small websites and Black Friday enthusiasts. Well, I'm flexing my muscle back and I'm no longer going to Wal Mart on Black Friday until they lose their attitude about Black Friday.

Well honestly...I would think they'd have a right to be paranoid. They are one of the biggest retailers and they DID have someone die last year on BF. Makes sense to me.

And I'm not worried about price matching or anyone changing their ads. Just excited to see what Walmart has in store. That's really about it.

Releasing the ad early puts people at risk?

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:59 pm

If the Walmart by me was incharge of there advertising I don't think they would ever come out with an ad. They would have to ask someone else and then that person would have to ask someone else, then that person wouldn't have a clue. But I would know the time they either got off work or took there next break for each different person.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:10 pm

Ghost3B wrote:
nikol0304 wrote:

Releasing the ad early puts people at risk?

Not IMO. But maybe they hope not doing so will drive some hardcore BF shoppers away keeping the number of people down as low as possible. Do they want sales? Sure. But they probably want a lot less crazy people in their stores who cause deaths, even moreso.

Clearly it's worked on you so far!

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm really anxious for this ad as well!

Return to “Rants and Raves”