Do you shop alone?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:45 am

Last night, my husband tried talking me into taking my teenage SIL shopping instead. I felt terrible saying it but BF can suck if the people you are shopping with aren't as in to it as you are.

lil_Jean
Black Friday Pro

Postby lil_Jean » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:07 am

Well... I don't really shop alone. We are just all at different stores around the city. Does that count?
The BFAds Oath: On my honour I promise that I will do my best to do my duty to bfads, and to the members of its forum to cause lots of trouble, keeping its admin on their toes, and to the live by its Mischievous Law.

cpatrick2202
Black Friday Pro

Postby cpatrick2202 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:23 am

ANGWife wrote:Last night, my husband tried talking me into taking my teenage SIL shopping instead. I felt terrible saying it but BF can suck if the people you are shopping with aren't as in to it as you are.

ITA!!!

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:23 am

Just Mrs. XmasDVD and myself.

eevee
Black Friday Pro

Postby eevee » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Hubby and i have a great system. He stands in line and I toss my BF items to him. I shop and he pays! Great system! All I have to do is feed him when I'm all done shopping! :D

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:31 pm

I bet you keep him in practice through the rest of the year (paying!) - LOL

luckycharms38
Black Friday Pro

Postby luckycharms38 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:54 pm

eevee

Hubby and i have a great system. He stands in line and I toss my BF items to him. I shop and he pays! Great system! All I have to do is feed him when I'm all done shopping!

Can I borrow your husband this year? :P I had mine stand in one line last year and you would have thought I was asking him to give up his remote control or something!
I shop with my daughter and son. They both love it as much as I do. We also go to breakfast after the early bird hours are over. Then we go home and wrap.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:21 pm

I am thinking about offering a class to my friends who are interested.

dos and donts of BF then i can turn them loose on their own and i can still go and get what i want/need w/ out them slowing me down....LMAO
steff

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:32 am

so last year I took a friend with me for the first time and I think I prefer alone. I can go on my own schedule and the stores I want to go to. However it was handy to have someone hold my place in line. :lol:

musicalkarasel
Black Friday Pro

Postby musicalkarasel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:49 am

steffj89 wrote:I am thinking about offering a class to my friends who are interested.

dos and donts of BF then i can turn them loose on their own and i can still go and get what i want/need w/ out them slowing me down....LMAO
steff

Ha! I really do have a series of people that want to go with me, but I don't want my group to get too big (any more than the three of us and we wouldn't have room in the car for our loot!) so I just walk them through what to do. They get pretty excited. I have them start at different stores than me, or the same store at a different location. It's really fun because we all communicate through cell phones in line, send pics and video... and we work as a team a little, if they need something I can get to, I get it (and vice versa).

I'm a bus girl leading up to BF though, because I get so many phone calls for tips and pointers, where to start, etc.

Little do they know I get so much of my info from this site! (Many of them are VERY rural and have no internet at all.)

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:12 pm

so funny thing the friend I took last year said she wouldn't go again, and I was fine with that because as stated above, I would rather go alone.

she JUST e-mailed me asking "want company on BF?"

hmm what to do...
Last edited by BFPrincess on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:22 pm

BFPrincess wrote:so funny thing the friend I took last year said she wouldn't go again, and I was fine with that because as stated above, I would rather go alone.

she JUST e-mailed me asking "what company on BF?"

hmm what to do...

You NEVER got the email...lol...it must have went into your bulk mailbox and accidentally got deleted ...lol.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 pm

:roll: told my best friend she can go again but we are taking seperate cars cause her hubby wants her home by noon and that she has to search for some of the deals herself....she hates the puter so wants me to find her stuff and bring it to her...ummmm NO.
steff

amyjam0807
Black Friday Pro

Postby amyjam0807 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:38 pm

I have went alone and I don't mind, but usually my mom goes for sure and sometimes my cousin. But if my mom goes, she is only going to help me and she knows it!! lol Last year I actually went with a really good friend of mine and my cousin because my mom was sick. It worked out really well because my cousin and I have kids that are a week apart so we were going after a lot of the same stuff! The friend was just kinda tagging alone and was a big help. By the end of the day though my car was SO FULL!! They even had to put bags between their legs in the floorboards!! We took pics because we knew no one would believe us!! lol
Ive already hit my mom up about going this year and it looks like my cousin is going to be out of town, so if my mom decides not to go the I may be by myself.....

Even though my status on here says "amature" - I have been shopping on BF since I was around 13 so this will be my 14th year!! I think in that whole time Ive missed 2 years....This day is like my Christmas!! haah

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Always good to go within someone or "somones" - good back up, protection and extra buddies for lines.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”