Anyone else might skip BF madness?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

Lkr
Black Friday Pro

Anyone else might skip BF madness?

Postby Lkr » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:42 pm

Well, it turns out i might be skipping the madness. I'll still get some good deals and maybe the Transformers Blu Ray if it is still in stock, but I found out that Best Buy has what I want in stock for $50 more than what it will be on Black Friday. I might get this now and not risk not getting it. Anyone else might skip sleeping out, and instead just waking up earlier than usual to go out and get a nice deal?

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:27 pm

I will be sleeping at home this year for the first time in a long time, it will be verry strange.
but I plan on getting up early and going out to the stores to take pictures and try to snag a few things like blank DVD's if anything is left.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Stay home = NO WAY. I don't go for the shopping, I go for the atmosphere. I enjoy watching my fellow Americans freak out, treat each other rudely, and push and shove to save a few bucks. Makes me feel all warm inside!! I like deals and will try to get a few things but if I don't get them no big deal. I don't really need anything anyway.

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:53 pm

packers wrote:Stay home = NO WAY. I don't go for the shopping, I go for the atmosphere. I enjoy watching my fellow Americans freak out, treat each other rudely, and push and shove to save a few bucks. Makes me feel all warm inside!! I like deals and will try to get a few things but if I don't get them no big deal. I don't really need anything anyway.

Me too. Isn't this the greatest time of the year? :D

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:54 pm

packers wrote:Stay home = NO WAY. I don't go for the shopping, I go for the atmosphere. I enjoy watching my fellow Americans freak out, treat each other rudely, and push and shove to save a few bucks.

Yes, that is the best part. I keep trying to tell myself that there is no good deals this year and that I should stay home thinking maybe that it will sink in and I wont want to camp out. But now I got G-Man PM'ing me saying that he knows I wont be able to take it and will end up camping anyways. And I just got one of the BFads.net T-Shirts, the T-shirt may have been the straw that breaks the camels back. You can't were a t-shirt that says you survived black friday 2008 unless you camp out, that would be living a lie.

Here is a good question, when people in the back of the line ask what you are going to be buying and you say your not getting anything or your just getting a pack of blank DVD's why do they get pissed? They should be happy that your not taking there door busters.

Lkr
Black Friday Pro

Postby Lkr » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:20 pm

Well everyone in my family is being crazy about it this year saying they don't want to do it, and don't want to get into fights, nor have the crowds or be out in the cold. Its gonna be 70 degrees!

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Lkr wrote: and don't want to get into fights, nor have the crowds or be out in the cold. Its gonna be 70 degrees!

Where Is this? I live in Miami,Florida and it will be colder than that, I thing the only other warm place on bf will be texas.

Lkr
Black Friday Pro

Postby Lkr » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:22 pm

MikesTooLz wrote:
Lkr wrote: and don't want to get into fights, nor have the crowds or be out in the cold. Its gonna be 70 degrees!

Where Is this? I live in Miami,Florida and it will be colder than that, I thing the only other warm place on bf will be texas.

Orlando :P

Tony
Admin

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:26 pm

I think this year is another online year for me, and MAYBE i might just um go the morning of black friday prob 2 hours before opening.

I don't seem to really need anything
Unless there's an EEE PC! in the secret sales!

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Tony, you must go just to represent BFads.net.

You should were a tony the tiger costume with a shirt that says BFads.net MODERATOR and have a t-shirt gun to shoot t-shirt to people in line. LOL :lol:
Get the line to do "THE WAVE". We had a BestBuy line doing the wave one year when ever a car passed by. :D

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm still undecided. I'm leaning towards staying home since there isn't anything really on sale that I want or need besides a couple toys at walmart that are no biggie and if anything like past years there is a chance some being left over the next day. Plus it's my sons 5th birthday and I have a party planned for that day with 30+ guest invited. It makes me sad just thinking about it cause I've been a 3am Black Friday shopper for 10+ years. If I don't go I hope there will be some good deals online and if not maybe those that are out will entertain me here.

fentrio
Black Friday Pro

Postby fentrio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 pm

I've been really thinking about staying home because there's really no super great deals on anything I want.

I'm hoping Toys r Us puts on some more stuff for me because I really just go for the toys but even if they don't much as there's not really anything screaming out to me I'll probably at least just go to the local
Walmart just to go.

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:46 pm

I'm not sure either, I really don't need anything right now. I may go around town and interviewing people, taking photo of the mayhem at Walmart.

If anyone in Salt Lake see a person wearing a BFads.net t-shirt at walmart say hi! :)

gogoriotgirl76
Black Friday Pro

Postby gogoriotgirl76 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:15 pm

I wasn't gonna go at first,but my mom was like what you have been going sence you were 17 years old and I am 32 now lol..so I am gonna be going for sure!!

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 pm

what would be strange is if the best buy and walmart employees show up to work and there is a huge line.

Then when its time, no one buys anything because there wasn't any good deals and they were just camping out.

Return to “Off Topic”