BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

cambo357
Black Friday Pro

Postby cambo357 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:23 pm

ah, I guess you guys dont have the latest sarcasm plug in for firefox. I just like to tease people in locales like yours. a couple of years ago it did get damn cold waiting. I had to put on a sweatshirt, and was damn close to putting some long pants on. luckily, it was near 0-hour, so the hustle and bustle of the crowed got me warmed up.

-Cambo

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:00 pm

You're hilarious!
I just figured you were actually one of those people who think 60 degree weather is cold. Sadly, I DO know people like that. :)

mbutchg62
Black Friday Pro

Postby mbutchg62 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:06 pm

I had to put on a sweatshirt, and was damn close to putting some long pants on.

You're a funny guy Sully. That's why I'm gonna kill you last. *Your Governor

bcfdwife
Black Friday Amateur

How do you...?

Postby bcfdwife » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:00 pm

For those of you that take blankets, games, etc., what do you do with the things you take with you once the doors open? And if you put them in your car before hand have you ever had a problem with people complaining that you were butting back in line when you came back? :(

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Re: How do you...?

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:57 pm

bcfdwife wrote:For those of you that take blankets, games, etc., what do you do with the things you take with you once the doors open? And if you put them in your car before hand have you ever had a problem with people complaining that you were butting back in line when you came back? :(

not really bro. Usually we get tight with the people behind us (there's nobody in front of us to be cool with...just people behind us =D . lol.) and we all help each other our puttin stuff up plus there's about ten of us so there's always gonna be somebody there in line.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

cambo357
Black Friday Pro

Re: How do you...?

Postby cambo357 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:59 pm

bcfdwife wrote:For those of you that take blankets, games, etc., what do you do with the things you take with you once the doors open? And if you put them in your car before hand have you ever had a problem with people complaining that you were butting back in line when you came back? :(

no, by that time, people usually know who is who around them, and respect that you are just putting stuff back in the car. we have made food runs, bano trips, skated over to circuit city to scope things, brought a couch and taken it away, etc during the wait. as long as you have pretty much been there on scene the whole time, it shouldnt be an issue. most likely, you arent the only one needing to do this. those others who came so late that they have no need for supplies, they should be so far back, that they wont be concerned about you.

-Cambo

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:29 pm

Make yourself highly visible as "that guy" whether it be "that first crazy guy who got there at 9:00 am thanksgiving morning" or "the coffee guy" or "the line cop guy".

Also if your up in the 1-15th line area it would help to assert your presence via big albeit meaningless objects who loss will not affect you too much.

Its hard to say you haven't been there when there is a giant tent with your name on it right in front.

cskten
Black Friday Newbie

Shopping on Black Friday

Postby cskten » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:13 am

I've gone out on Black Friday maybe once or twice in my life, so I consider myself a newbie. I can tell you that people will literally run over you to get there first! It's every man and woman for themselves. This year I won't have to go out on Black Friday - my shopping is finished! I know, I know, everybody HATES people like me. The best part is I won't be paying for Christmas in January this year!

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Re: Shopping on Black Friday

Postby Eddyisgreat » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:05 pm

cskten wrote:I've gone out on Black Friday maybe once or twice in my life, so I consider myself a newbie. I can tell you that people will literally run over you to get there first! It's every man and woman for themselves. This year I won't have to go out on Black Friday - my shopping is finished! I know, I know, everybody HATES people like me. The best part is I won't be paying for Christmas in January this year!

People like you? Who, people who won't be in the line? That's the best kind of people!

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:00 pm

sweetdiggity wrote:
dixierose wrote:
cambo357 wrote:yeah, the cold factor. it hits hard here in southern california. it can easily get down to the mid or low 60s for us. only the die hards are willing to brave that.

-Cambo

i'm in MN and if it was olny in the 60's i could camp out for a week or more. i just happy if it's above zero

I agree!
I'm also in MN. It's so funny to hear people describe the 60's as being cold. LOL!

When it is 60's we are all here in MN wearing shorts, t-shirts, and sandals. :D

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:39 am

Yes, us Californian's, especially Southern are big huge babies when it comes to weather! :lol: I personally could never, ever survive in the cold the way many of you do. How do you do it!? I could never adapt, I am always cold. It needs to be above 80 to be "comfortable" enough to go out without a sweater and be ok for me. :wink:

elle_fleur
Black Friday Pro

Re: Shopping on Black Friday

Postby elle_fleur » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:42 am

cskten wrote:I've gone out on Black Friday maybe once or twice in my life, so I consider myself a newbie. I can tell you that people will literally run over you to get there first! It's every man and woman for themselves. This year I won't have to go out on Black Friday - my shopping is finished! I know, I know, everybody HATES people like me. The best part is I won't be paying for Christmas in January this year!

you don't have to be purchasing Christmas presents to take advantage of BF. 90% of what I buy that day is either for me or my husband

OrionPax
Black Friday Amateur

Postby OrionPax » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:30 pm

I have been out on the last 5 BFridays and I have never had someone ask this question.

"If I have a friend wait with me for (any long given time), but then have them only as a line holder for another friend that cant get off work...is that ok?" Still only 2 people in line...just one of them would switch off and go home.

Just wondering.

:lol:

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 pm

OrionPax wrote:I have been out on the last 5 BFridays and I have never had someone ask this question.

"If I have a friend wait with me for (any long given time), but then have them only as a line holder for another friend that cant get off work...is that ok?" Still only 2 people in line...just one of them would switch off and go home.

Just wondering.

:lol:

Thats fine IMO. Depends on your line mates, but as long as the people behind you can still count themselves within the top whatever (if they are going after door busters) after your swaps there should be no issue. Its when individuals get added on top of whoever was initially in the line that becomes an issue.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:13 pm

cambo357 wrote:yeah, the cold factor. it hits hard here in southern california. it can easily get down to the mid or low 60s for us. only the die hards are willing to brave that.

-Cambo

I'm from Souther Cali too, but last year we were in Vegas. I think it was in the 30s or 40s. I was freezing. LOL

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”