Who is standing in line? Who is sitting at home?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

How are you shopping Black Friday 2008?

Sitting At Home
15%
Waiting In Line
78%
Screw Black Friday
7%

Total votes: 126

BrianMDPhD
Black Friday Pro

Who is standing in line? Who is sitting at home?

Postby BrianMDPhD » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:41 am

Last year I stood in line at Circuit City for eight hours, it was less than 10 degrees that night. Only to find out that 24 minutes before the doors had opened, employees inside the store had already began to pull inventory from the shelves to fulfill online pickup orders. The SAME PRICE was available online as they were in the store.

Screw standing in line this year. I am beefing up computer power and sitting at home.

What about you guys? Or gals?

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:13 am

I have heard of this happening but I do not get it. You are unable to go online and order before the people in line, well, at least where I was. I think to help that issue they are now promoting cyber monday. However, I would hate to spend all my money on bf and then cyber monday has better deals. I hope we hear about what will be best this year.

mommyofanangelbaby
Black Friday Pro

Postby mommyofanangelbaby » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 pm

This will be my first year standing in line. Im going to WalMart first with a friend.

thenuke1
Black Friday Pro

Postby thenuke1 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:07 pm

ill be in line this year which will be the 4th year i go to a black friday ....

honestly ive seen the cyber monday deals and they're not that great .... i think best buy holds off enough stock for online orders and enough for in store purchases ....

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:21 pm

There's an in-between option that was missed - We're going to go out shopping, but not wait in line.
We go to JCPenney every year and wait in the car till they open then get our free Disney snowglobes, then leave and shop a few places, then head home and have breakfast and a nap.

So we both - out and about and home.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 am

I will be waiting in line, but will probably also try to snag a few things online while I wait if they become available.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:31 am

I don't understand why people do cyber monday. With the exception of those who arent in a reasonable distance of civilization, competing on a global scale, to me , is useless at best (in this exact scenario)

I'd rather fare my odds with 12 items "minimum quantity" in store and 250 people in line vs a stock of maybe 1000 with millions (exaggerating) of users pegging the same server(s), especially since I can control when I arrive, but I cannot control how fast my packets travel through the internets.

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:50 pm

But with cyber-shopping, you don't get that awesome rush!!! Love it! That alone is worth it all!!!!
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

thenuke1
Black Friday Pro

Postby thenuke1 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:18 am

hays4cat wrote:But with cyber-shopping, you don't get that awesome rush!!! Love it! That alone is worth it all!!!!

i agree ... i dont know if id call it a rush but the EXPERIENCE ..... everyone should do it atleast once with friends just for the experience

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:46 am

I'll be standing in line for sure!!! If this year will be like the last, I'll be at our 24hr Walmart ready to grab!

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:29 am

zim05 wrote:I'll be standing in line for sure!!! If this year will be like the last, I'll be at our 24hr Walmart ready to grab!

haha i hear ya man. i'll be out waiting as well.

but i'll be at BB. i can't stand the pushin and shovin at walmart. its ridiculous. no order.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

brooks215
Black Friday Pro

to line or not to line....

Postby brooks215 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:12 pm

this is the first year i am going to try to shop online .... and if i can't get what i want then head to the lines. but honestly i am betting the servers will be busy for the first few minutes which will be followed up with a sold out notice. i'm actually trying to make sure i am back from amsterdam in time for the 'line shuffle' because i am not confident i will be able to shop online.

thenuke1
Black Friday Pro

Re: to line or not to line....

Postby thenuke1 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:39 pm

brooks215 wrote:this is the first year i am going to try to shop online .... and if i can't get what i want then head to the lines. but honestly i am betting the servers will be busy for the first few minutes which will be followed up with a sold out notice. i'm actually trying to make sure i am back from amsterdam in time for the 'line shuffle' because i am not confident i will be able to shop online.

i think the online deals on black friday start at midnight or 1 am .... i remember i checked last year for a few games and they had em ready for pick up ... BUT im sure if you choose in store pick up the first few days the lines will be long for instore pick up

Tony
Admin

Postby Tony » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:36 am

last year bf deals were terrible (i got everything i wanted online) but i still went and stood inline with friends on BF
It's fun!!
This year probably the same thing is going to happen :] (me standing in line even though i got what i wanted, not bf deals being terrible i hope >_<)

crizza
Black Friday Pro

How about Both

Postby crizza » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:48 pm

I will be sitting in line but will have the laptop running through the cell looking for midnight deals.

Return to “Rants and Raves”