BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:44 am

jenmh07 wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:Jenmh07 - I can't figure out how you managed that bottom support card on the far left of your house of cards. It's leaning without another one to lean against. I'm impressed! Was there originally another there but it fell without taking it's partner along with it by some miracle?

I was originally trying to make it big enough to go for 5 levels....then that one card fell but by some miracle none of the rest of them did...so I held my breath and finished the 3 levels and took a pic before they all fell! Otherwise someone was gonna lose an eye because this was at about hour 5 split between 2 nights of trying to build a house of cards :x So short answer, yes it had to have been divine intervention! Lol :mrgreen:

Well congrats :). I don't remember the last time I tried to build a house of cards. However, I do tend to build houses with sugar packets when waiting in restaurants. Does that count for something? :P

fosterfamily2011
Black Friday Pro

Postby fosterfamily2011 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:35 am

Hey thanks everyone for trying to help! I tried imgur and couldn't get all the pics there and then it was so late I had to throw in the towel. 4am comes early lol. Its my own fault for waiting until deadline day knowing I struggle with technology. It happened another year I couldn't post. I think when photobucket left or something. Idk. We are a crazy family and sports started back up right in the middle of this so I really should have pulled an all nighter figuring this out over a weekend. Anyways thanks for the tips I'm gonna try to figure it out so I know what to do next year ;) lwmjr I'm still gonna try to "tag" those photos if I can figure out what that means lol. I love seeing everyone's pics and the fun crazy things people do to get pics! I saw triplet babies at the retirement home but just couldn't ask. There's quads in one of my kids grades but getting a pic just didn't work out (the mom was super kind but I think online posting was too much). The house of cards the 5 of us in the house that are old enough to try spent hours on many days trying but couldn't get it. Then we adopted a dog and it was a lost cause with so many little kids and a dog running around ;) anyways thanks again for putting this on its always fun!

jmbohler2
Black Friday Pro

Postby jmbohler2 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:18 am

bmedeiros wrote:
justhangingout528 wrote:
bmedeiros wrote:
My apologies if my tone came across as mean-spirited at all... I should have realized that tone does not come through, even with emoticons. I sincerely meant good natured humor, but I apologize if that didn't come through.

I didn't mean you. :)

Whew... thanks (and thanks to jmbohler for their post). Last thing I would have wanted would be to offend! It's probably embarassing how much I enjoy this hunt - but shucks, I do. I really do. :mrgreen: Hazel and lwmjr, thanks for hosting it again. After rumblings last year, I was afraid it was going to go away. Please never let that happen!

I really enjoy it too! My husband thinks I am crazy doing/finding all these things, lol! I am also glad that it was continued this year :)

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:38 am

justhangingout528 wrote:Oh man. Let's not let it get mean-spirited!

If this was directed at me, I sincerely apologize to everyone. That is not what I intended. My last post was to say that I am having a BLAST with the scavenger hunt and if one of my entries upset another so much to cause them to lose the fun spirit, then my point for the entry was not worth it. We should all enjoy the game!

PS Sorry for the late reply too. I'm on the East coast so we are headed to bed when most of you are just sitting down to dinner.

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:46 am

Super Huge Congrats to the winners!!!
This was a lot of fun and I can stop bugging my friends and family for random silliness LOL :lol:
Thanks to the hosts and sponsors for keeping it alive. :D

HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:02 am

Tacs wrote:Hazel, why was half a point removed for my Jeep Wagoneer? I took a pic with the back so you could see the Jeep logo, the siding, and the front so you can tell what kind of car it is :?:

I probably clicked something wrong. Let me double check it! Everyone let me know if the points seem wrong. I've been working late all last week and over the weekend, so it may have been coffee-deprived me not seeing properly.

jenmh07
Black Friday Pro

Postby jenmh07 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:40 am

HazelnussKaffee wrote:
Tacs wrote:Hazel, why was half a point removed for my Jeep Wagoneer? I took a pic with the back so you could see the Jeep logo, the siding, and the front so you can tell what kind of car it is :?:

I probably clicked something wrong. Let me double check it! Everyone let me know if the points seem wrong. I've been working late all last week and over the weekend, so it may have been coffee-deprived me not seeing properly.

I think mine is supposed to be 80, but it’s not gonna make me win a prize....I just like even numbers :P

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:02 am

bmedeiros wrote:
jmbohler2 wrote:
bmedeiros wrote:Clubing - you found the same Zack Morris we did! I was so excited when I found it bc it was our last item and was hoping for it to count ... but then jmbohler had to find the real thing. Pssshh... :wink: :D

Lol! I assumed it had to be the actual phone (after they said it had to be like the meme that got posted) or i would have just ordered that one to get it lol! That one really was not that hard if I had known what to look for! There was a broadcasting/telecommunications museum not far from me... but instead I went to every antique store within like 30 miles of me, and there are A LOT! Lol, lessons learned for next year ;)

I feel you! I can't tell you how many awkward conversations I had with antiques shop owners about the phone before we finally found the collector. I knew early what a Zack Morris phone was, it just took us a while to actually find it. :) I'll be honest, I thought it was going to be unfindable - which is why I was desperately posting trying for the half point. I also thought the triplets were going to be unfindable until you found them, It pushed me to work harder... and whew, talk about an awkward conversation. Having to ask a family to take a picture of their triplet toddlers??

So I friend of mine told me about these triplets that lived an hour from me. I was so nervous to actually reach out to them but I finally did. They agreed to meet me last Friday, however by Friday morning you guys had already posted everything and it would not have changed my standings so I cancelled to save myself the gas money. Cancelling was even more awkward. I went to about 50 places looking for the Zach Morris phone, so went with the next best thing!

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am

This year's list was super fun. Maybe one of the best I have done, (except the year I got the tattoo) :lol: Thanks for hosting it again!!

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:59 pm

clubing25 wrote:
bmedeiros wrote:
jmbohler2 wrote:Lol! I assumed it had to be the actual phone (after they said it had to be like the meme that got posted) or i would have just ordered that one to get it lol! That one really was not that hard if I had known what to look for! There was a broadcasting/telecommunications museum not far from me... but instead I went to every antique store within like 30 miles of me, and there are A LOT! Lol, lessons learned for next year ;)

I feel you! I can't tell you how many awkward conversations I had with antiques shop owners about the phone before we finally found the collector. I knew early what a Zack Morris phone was, it just took us a while to actually find it. :) I'll be honest, I thought it was going to be unfindable - which is why I was desperately posting trying for the half point. I also thought the triplets were going to be unfindable until you found them, It pushed me to work harder... and whew, talk about an awkward conversation. Having to ask a family to take a picture of their triplet toddlers??

So I friend of mine told me about these triplets that lived an hour from me. I was so nervous to actually reach out to them but I finally did. They agreed to meet me last Friday, however by Friday morning you guys had already posted everything and it would not have changed my standings so I cancelled to save myself the gas money. Cancelling was even more awkward. I went to about 50 places looking for the Zach Morris phone, so went with the next best thing!

Haha! Cheers to awkward conversations! :P :wink:

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am

Were the winners announced yet? I've been super busy this week so I may have overlooked.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:02 pm

carmenslackey wrote:Were the winners announced yet? I've been super busy this week so I may have overlooked.

No, seems like everyone got caught cheating
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

Postby wwefk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:31 pm

carmenslackey wrote:Were the winners announced yet? I've been super busy this week so I may have overlooked.

I just got a email saying I won a shirt! Hopefully is comes in GOLD!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)
Wrapping up packages and writing out cards
(Office work, out of sight!)

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:59 pm

wwefk wrote:

I just got a email saying I won a shirt! Hopefully is comes in GOLD!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just got my email as well! I am hoping for a gold shirt too! Not for the prize, but because this year's design looks super snazzy in gold! :wink:

Congrats to the other winners as well! :D

Ryman
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Ryman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who ran into more Neil Diamond tapes than they knew what to do with :lol: I had a lot of fun trying this crazy thing out this year! It's so much harder than it looks haha, hopefully next year I'll be more prepared.

For some reason I got my dates mixed up (completely my own fault for trying to do 19,394 things at once) and thought the deadline was Tuesday and didn't post all mine, boo! I wasn't in the running to place anyway though so not a huge deal (alas, now you guys don't get to see me eating the BFADs alphabet soup like the shark in JAWS... maybe next year :D) I'm excited I won a shirt (as someone very wise once said, offer a free shirt and people lose their minds).

Congratulations!! to all the people that won, you guys earned it! (I mean seriously, where do you even FIND a Zack Morris phone? lol)

Return to “Off Topic”