BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

twinkie023
Black Friday Pro

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby twinkie023 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:44 pm

jmbohler2 wrote:Just checking on the spreadsheet. I had 92 points and now I only have 91, even though I still have all the points above? Is it tallying all the points correctly or am I actually missing a point now? Thanks! :)

It looks like the sealed Mary Kate & Ashley bonus point disappeared for you. :?:

HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:04 pm

twinkie023 wrote:
jmbohler2 wrote:Just checking on the spreadsheet. I had 92 points and now I only have 91, even though I still have all the points above? Is it tallying all the points correctly or am I actually missing a point now? Thanks! :)

It looks like the sealed Mary Kate & Ashley bonus point disappeared for you. :?:

That was my bad! I didn't see the re-take. Sorry, going through all of the photos and finally just finished lol

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:04 pm

Wow! Just got home from work to find a dagger in my back :shock: Thanks, clubing25 :lol:
The phone was a dark fuschia color but, yeah, it does look redder in the picture. Maybe because we were outside? I dunno. I clicked reply to comment here and tell the powers-that-be to remove the point if it bothered you so much but saw the spreadsheet was updated and half a point removed. Fair enough I guess.

I get that it's a competition but it's no fun if we aren't ALL having fun!

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Hazel, why was half a point removed for my Jeep Wagoneer? I took a pic with the back so you could see the Jeep logo, the siding, and the front so you can tell what kind of car it is :?:

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Clubing - you found the same Zack Morris we did! I was so excited when I found it bc it was our last item and was hoping for it to count ... but then jmbohler had to find the real thing. Pssshh... :wink: :D

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Oh man. Let's not let it get mean-spirited!

jmbohler2
Black Friday Pro

Postby jmbohler2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:38 pm

bmedeiros wrote:Clubing - you found the same Zack Morris we did! I was so excited when I found it bc it was our last item and was hoping for it to count ... but then jmbohler had to find the real thing. Pssshh... :wink: :D

Lol! I assumed it had to be the actual phone (after they said it had to be like the meme that got posted) or i would have just ordered that one to get it lol! That one really was not that hard if I had known what to look for! There was a broadcasting/telecommunications museum not far from me... but instead I went to every antique store within like 30 miles of me, and there are A LOT! Lol, lessons learned for next year ;)

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Fosterfamily - I don't know if you follow this thread, but none of your images seem to be working.

fosterfamily2011
Black Friday Pro

Postby fosterfamily2011 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Man I just saw that. I cant seem to figure out how to make it work. im using flikr for the first time and its clearly "fosterfamily2011 proof". I mean im just in it for the tshirt but darn im disappointed

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:14 pm

fosterfamily2011 wrote:Man I just saw that. I cant seem to figure out how to make it work. im using flikr for the first time and its clearly "fosterfamily2011 proof". I mean im just in it for the tshirt but darn im disappointed

I deleted my flikr account, but as I recall proper image links were a pain to get to. You need one that ends in an image extension (like .jpg). I think another user just put the links so the judges have to click through to see them. Or you could try another image hosting site. Imgur is popular I believe.

I could try to explain how to get the image link from flikr, but for as many as you will be posting I doubt it is worth the trouble. (It involves using inspect mode in chrome)

jenmh07
Black Friday Pro

Postby jenmh07 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:23 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:
fosterfamily2011 wrote:Man I just saw that. I cant seem to figure out how to make it work. im using flikr for the first time and its clearly "fosterfamily2011 proof". I mean im just in it for the tshirt but darn im disappointed

I deleted my flikr account, but as I recall proper image links were a pain to get to. You need one that ends in an image extension (like .jpg). I think another user just put the links so the judges have to click through to see them. Or you could try another image hosting site. Imgur is popular I believe.

I could try to explain how to get the image link from flikr, but for as many as you will be posting I doubt it is worth the trouble. (It involves using inspect mode in chrome)

I used Imgur and was able to make a post on there with all the pics, then copy the link to that post into the entry thread. Honestly it was the only way I could figure out how to make it work or I would have posted my pics for everyone on here to “enjoy” lol.

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:23 pm

I use flickr. Go to your photostream, click on the photo you want to put in here (it'll go to a new page with just that photo). Click on the arrow at the bottom right of the page the photo is on and copy and paste that link that comes up (I choose medium as size). Come here and post the link here in a reply. Delete everything EXCEPT [img]whateverisinhere[/img]. Then you can click preview to make sure it comes up as a photo. Post if you want or add more. You can post as many of those in a thread reply that you want.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Jenmh07 - I can't figure out how you managed that bottom support card on the far left of your house of cards. It's leaning without another one to lean against. I'm impressed! Was there originally another there but it fell without taking it's partner along with it by some miracle?

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:25 pm

justhangingout528 wrote:Oh man. Let's not let it get mean-spirited!

My apologies if my tone came across as mean-spirited at all... I should have realized that tone does not come through, even with emoticons. I sincerely meant good natured humor, but I apologize if that didn't come through.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:26 pm

justhangingout528 wrote:

I use flickr. Go to your photostream, click on the photo you want to put in here (it'll go to a new page with just that photo). Click on the arrow at the bottom right of the page the photo is on and copy and paste that link that comes up (I choose medium as size). Come here and post the link here in a reply. Delete everything EXCEPT [img]whateverisinhere[/img]. Then you can click preview to make sure it comes up as a photo. Post if you want or add more. You can post as many of those in a thread reply that you want.

Good deal! Some reason I was thinking those individual size links were useless too (but it's been a while since I used flikr)

Return to “Off Topic”