BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Tacs
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby Tacs » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Sorry for the pic dump but it's been a busy weekend! After spending quite a lot of time talking to people and tracking down a set of identical twins and a guy with a handlebar mustache, my family and I stopped at a local restaurant for dinner. No Joke: A set of twins came in right behind us and our server had a handlebar mustache. I wish I knew that blind luck would have worked out for me but I had to do it the hard way :lol: :lol:

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12999
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:40 pm

twinkie023 wrote:I think I am missing my Paw Patrol Firetruck. I almost had to buy that puppy because my 3 yr old loved it so much lol. He's the one up front in the pic with the cheesy grin because he thinks he's getting it lol

Got it
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12999
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Tacs wrote:Sorry for the pic dump but it's been a busy weekend! After spending quite a lot of time talking to people and tracking down a set of identical twins and a guy with a handlebar mustache, my family and I stopped at a local restaurant for dinner. No Joke: A set of twins came in right behind us and our server had a handlebar mustache. I wish I knew that blind luck would have worked out for me but I had to do it the hard way :lol: :lol:

Its good, at least your pics were in order :)
I just can't tell if your bowling pic is actually in a bowling alley
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Tacs
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby Tacs » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:10 pm

lwmjr wrote:
Tacs wrote:Sorry for the pic dump but it's been a busy weekend! After spending quite a lot of time talking to people and tracking down a set of identical twins and a guy with a handlebar mustache, my family and I stopped at a local restaurant for dinner. No Joke: A set of twins came in right behind us and our server had a handlebar mustache. I wish I knew that blind luck would have worked out for me but I had to do it the hard way :lol: :lol:

Its good, at least your pics were in order :)
I just can't tell if your bowling pic is actually in a bowling alley

Would any of these pics help? I cropped it down for the entry forum but didn't realize you needed to see the lane or I would have gotten that too, sorry. Let me know if I need to edit my entry!
Image Image
Also, I took this mustache picture while I was there (just in case I couldn't find a bigger handlebar) and the VIP Lanes sign is behind us.
Image

Also, don't I get a bonus point for the lit glass oil lamp?

User avatar
clubing25
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:48 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby clubing25 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:32 pm

I am just curious because maybe my screen color is off but it looks as though Tacs Razor phone is red and not pink. Is my screen color off?? Lol

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12999
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Tacs wrote:
lwmjr wrote:
Tacs wrote:Sorry for the pic dump but it's been a busy weekend! After spending quite a lot of time talking to people and tracking down a set of identical twins and a guy with a handlebar mustache, my family and I stopped at a local restaurant for dinner. No Joke: A set of twins came in right behind us and our server had a handlebar mustache. I wish I knew that blind luck would have worked out for me but I had to do it the hard way :lol: :lol:

Its good, at least your pics were in order :)
I just can't tell if your bowling pic is actually in a bowling alley

Would any of these pics help? I cropped it down for the entry forum but didn't realize you needed to see the lane or I would have gotten that too, sorry. Let me know if I need to edit my entry!
Image Image
Also, I took this mustache picture while I was there (just in case I couldn't find a bigger handlebar) and the VIP Lanes sign is behind us.
Image

Also, don't I get a bonus point for the lit glass oil lamp?

Yes, thank you. and yes you did
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1731
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Just had a random thought - after the scavenger hunt is over, someone should gather up all the Christmas vacation scene recreations and sequence them. Maybe this was Hazel's plan all along - she was too cheap to buy the movie so she needed the bfads community to re-enact it for her :lol:

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby justhangingout528 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:02 pm

clubing25 wrote:I am just curious because maybe my screen color is off but it looks as though Tacs Razor phone is red and not pink. Is my screen color off?? Lol


I thought it was red too, but, it's such a pain finding them at all I won't be the mean one to argue against it lol. I found someone with a gray/silver one, and took a picture because I didn't have the heart to tell her it wouldn't count after she dug it out for me, but didn't even bother to submit it. Maybe I will, just because, lol.

I kind of bailed after driving all over Thursday and having no luck with any of the items I have left. I went to a library and still couldn't bring myself to ask random people if I could get pictures reading to their kids. I knew it'd be pulling teeth to get my husband and son to recreate the picture and do the "friends" thing too , so I figured why embarrass myself further doing the bartender thing and more when I couldn't possibly get enough points to move into third. Ah well. There's always next year! (I hope. :lol: )

User avatar
HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:13 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:Just had a random thought - after the scavenger hunt is over, someone should gather up all the Christmas vacation scene recreations and sequence them. Maybe this was Hazel's plan all along - she was too cheap to buy the movie so she needed the bfads community to re-enact it for her :lol:


:lol: SHHH!!!! Don't give away my plan! :lol:

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12999
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 pm

clubing25 wrote:I am just curious because maybe my screen color is off but it looks as though Tacs Razor phone is red and not pink. Is my screen color off?? Lol

Using RGB colour coding, there are millions of possible different shades of pink. But there are only 29,000 shades of pink known to man.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
clubing25
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:48 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby clubing25 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:18 pm

lwmjr wrote:
clubing25 wrote:I am just curious because maybe my screen color is off but it looks as though Tacs Razor phone is red and not pink. Is my screen color off?? Lol

Using RGB colour coding, there are millions of possible different shades of pink. But there are only 29,000 shades of pink known to man.


Red is it's own color, not a shade of pink. Maybe pink is a shade of red but not the other way around but who knows. :twisted: :P

User avatar
clubing25
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:48 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby clubing25 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:19 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:Just had a random thought - after the scavenger hunt is over, someone should gather up all the Christmas vacation scene recreations and sequence them. Maybe this was Hazel's plan all along - she was too cheap to buy the movie so she needed the bfads community to re-enact it for her :lol:


Yep I was thinking the same thing!! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1731
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:49 pm

justhangingout528 wrote:
clubing25 wrote:I am just curious because maybe my screen color is off but it looks as though Tacs Razor phone is red and not pink. Is my screen color off?? Lol


I thought it was red too, but, it's such a pain finding them at all I won't be the mean one to argue against it lol. I found someone with a gray/silver one, and took a picture because I didn't have the heart to tell her it wouldn't count after she dug it out for me, but didn't even bother to submit it. Maybe I will, just because, lol.

I kind of bailed after driving all over Thursday and having no luck with any of the items I have left. I went to a library and still couldn't bring myself to ask random people if I could get pictures reading to their kids. I knew it'd be pulling teeth to get my husband and son to recreate the picture and do the "friends" thing too , so I figured why embarrass myself further doing the bartender thing and more when I couldn't possibly get enough points to move into third. Ah well. There's always next year! (I hope. :lol: )


Maybe instead of asking random people if you can read to their kids, you could offer your services to the librarian. I don't know how much time is left for the hunt, but they could put up a flyer for storytime at the library on whatever day. Of course this means you would actually have to do it - not just pose for a picture ;)

jmbohler2
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby jmbohler2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Just checking on the spreadsheet. I had 92 points and now I only have 91, even though I still have all the points above? Is it tallying all the points correctly or am I actually missing a point now? Thanks! :)

jmbohler2
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby jmbohler2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:42 pm

jmbohler2 wrote:Just checking on the spreadsheet. I had 92 points and now I only have 91, even though I still have all the points above? Is it tallying all the points correctly or am I actually missing a point now? Thanks! :)


I see it is for the marykate and ashley olsen sealed CD... I have a video, because it was really hard to take a picture of it... should I post that here to show it was really sealed??

Thanks! :)


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fosterfamily2011 and 1 guest