BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby justhangingout528 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:31 pm

twinkie023 wrote:I have a quick question about the donation. My kiddos' school is doing a collection for the local food bank. There isn't actually a donation location (other than taking the items to school) but I do have a flyer about the collection. Can I take a pic of the flyer and our donations that my kiddos are taking to have that count?

Powers-that-be, can we have an answer on this? ...Is dropping off at the food box in the store acceptable as well?

HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:04 pm

twinkie023 wrote:I have a quick question about the donation. My kiddos' school is doing a collection for the local food bank. There isn't actually a donation location (other than taking the items to school) but I do have a flyer about the collection. Can I take a pic of the flyer and our donations that my kiddos are taking to have that count?

Yes. If you include the pic of the flyer and your donations, then it counts.

HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm

SavannahSparkles wrote:
HazelnussKaffee wrote:Hi Everyone,

Quick question. Would you all be okay with us posting your movie poster re-creations on our FB page? If you don't want us too, that's okay! My boss just really likes them and thinks the other BFAds subscribers would like to see them.

PM me if it's okay or not okay to post your movie poster re-creation. I wont post them unless I get your approval.

Hey, I'm down for this! Feel free to use mine!

Awesome, Thank you!

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:47 pm

If the Go one didn't happen, I was about to throw in the towel. ...You don't know the levels of stalkerdom I had to reduce myself to for this one :lol:

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Bonus Picture: Most Moronic Parking (Really??)

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 am

justhangingout528 wrote:If the Go one didn't happen, I was about to throw in the towel. ...You don't know the levels of stalkerdom I had to reduce myself to for this one :lol:

That's how I felt about my triplets pic.... I found these folks very randomly through a news story done in a neighboring town - and then I reached out over Facebook. Stalkerish for sure. :/

twinkie023
Black Friday Pro

Postby twinkie023 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:33 am

HazelnussKaffee wrote:

Yes. If you include the pic of the flyer and your donations, then it counts.

Awesome! Thanks so much!!

Ryman
Black Friday Pro

Postby Ryman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:29 pm

This list is evil lol, I had to go Google what a Zack Morris phone was! And for some reason the Michael Jackson cassette tape is impossible to find (but if you want some Neil Diamond let me know because I could have built a second house with all his cassettes).

I didn't even try with the bowling because I'm a terrible bowler, I spend more time in the gutter than the lane itself! :lol:

Ryman
Black Friday Pro

Postby Ryman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:32 pm

HazelnussKaffee wrote:It JUST started clearing up over here in Northern Illinois. If it gets close to the end of the hunt, and it's still over cast, a photo of you and the time on your phone will work.

Unless one of you has a device to control the weather? In which case...please cool it with the rain. :lol:

Thanks! It's still really cloudy here in the mornings (cloudy in Seattle? whaaaat :shock: ), so I just took a photo with the time!

But! But the rain means you can be lazy all day and nobody will judge you! (at least that's what I tell myself...)

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Ryman wrote:This list is evil lol, I had to go Google what a Zack Morris phone was! And for some reason the Michael Jackson cassette tape is impossible to find (but if you want some Neil Diamond let me know because I could have built a second house with all his cassettes).

I didn't even try with the bowling because I'm a terrible bowler, I spend more time in the gutter than the lane itself! :lol:

This is actually a really funny comment. I sell things on ebay and picked up a lot of cassettes to sell awhile back, and never got around to selling some. The ones I haven't bothered with? Neil Diamond haha! You think there'd be an MJ one kicking around somewhere....but no.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Seems like everything is updated
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:51 am

justhangingout528 wrote:
Ryman wrote:This list is evil lol, I had to go Google what a Zack Morris phone was! And for some reason the Michael Jackson cassette tape is impossible to find (but if you want some Neil Diamond let me know because I could have built a second house with all his cassettes).

This is actually a really funny comment. I sell things on ebay and picked up a lot of cassettes to sell awhile back, and never got around to selling some. The ones I haven't bothered with? Neil Diamond haha! You think there'd be an MJ one kicking around somewhere....but no.

I went to an antique store last weekend and happened upon a booth that was full of cassette tapes. I was ecstatic—surely in the HUNDREDS of tapes there had to be at least ONE MJ tape. NOPE. Not even a Jackson Five. But you know what they did have plenty of? NEIL DIAMOND!!
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:25 pm

justhangingout528 wrote:

The MJ tape was actually an easy one for me. My friend that tags along on the hunt every year has a brother who is mentally handicapped who listens to nothing but MJ and Elvis... On album and cassette only.

The one I couldn't find anywhere was that Mary Kate and Ashley CD. I went everywhere looking for it. I even stumbled upon a booth at one of our local antique shops that was nothing but 1000's of CDs. No Mary Kate and Ashley, but you know what they had plenty of? Neil Diamond CDs!!! So I guess it crosses platforms lol.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:25 pm

UPDATED
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

twinkie023
Black Friday Pro

Postby twinkie023 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:00 pm

I think I am missing my Paw Patrol Firetruck. I almost had to buy that puppy because my 3 yr old loved it so much lol. He's the one up front in the pic with the cheesy grin because he thinks he's getting it lol

Return to “Off Topic”