JCPenney Coupons?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

JCPenney Coupons?

Postby azerigold » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:21 am

Just curious about the coupons they are advertising $500 off $500, $100 off $100, $10 off $10. Never been to JCP when they opened, usually hours later. Do they hand these out at the doors when they open or how does it work?
What are the chances of getting a better coupon than $10 off $10?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to go and get there when they open to get a coupon or two and a few of the sale items, or just blow off the coupon and wait until evening to try and go. I'm torn because it's about 30 mins to either JCP but the one at the mall is much better. However, we want to go to the mall early on Fri morning when they open as well. Ugh...
On top of this planning/scheming I am cooking a big dinner, and expecting family. So planning my day has been tough. :shock:

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: JCPenney Coupons?

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:07 pm

In the past JCPenney would have employees at the store entrances handing out coupons (and snow globes, back when those were a thing). I imagine they still do it that way since the coupons are one per customer.

I don't know the chances of getting the better coupons.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:19 pm

This may give an idea of the odds:

https://m.jcpenney.com/jsp/browse/marke ... n-giveaway

1 in 100 coupons is 100 off 100. 99 in 100 is 10 off 10. At least one 500 off 500 per store. So if there are 400 coupons at your store, there are probably 5 coupons better than 10 off 10 (1 for every set of 100 coupons and then the 1 500 off coupon)

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm

As a math teacher, the odds of getting anything other than a 10 off 10, if they only go with these exact numbers is 1.25%.

I typically don't hit our mall until almost last (way more stores on the way to the mall). But if you are starting early, or near a JCP, then it's worth a short to get one. I've known two people to get the $100 off $100 in the past. But these were in different states, and maybe different years, I don't know how many years they've done them.

And the 10 off 10 is a great way to get a small present or stocking stuffers!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks so much everyone! I was super curious how it worked. If I can make it to JCP opening tomorrow I will, otherwise we'll either go tomorrow evening or early on Fri morning when the rest of the mall opens. If I go tomorrow I'll probably go to a different one/different town. I'm okay either way, but wondered if I should even worry about the coupon. I do have one they sent me in the mail, although my kids plan on doing their own shopping.
More or less I'm more worried about them having jean/khaki sizes in since that is my son's favorite store for buying pants. My worry too, I've been holding off doing any shopping for myself until this weekend.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”