Holiday Decorating

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Re: Holiday Decorating

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 pm

bfaddict wrote:I usually put up my tree this weekend but I did it last weekend. And also discovered that a rabbit or squirrel thought the cord on one of my set of lights might make a delicious meal :x I’ve been told I should be able to fit it. But until then my pathway lights will be uneven. Little butt head......

If you had turned your lights on maybe the critter would have got what he deserved :P

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:03 am

jeanerz13 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:I usually put up my tree this weekend but I did it last weekend. And also discovered that a rabbit or squirrel thought the cord on one of my set of lights might make a delicious meal :x I’ve been told I should be able to fit it. But until then my pathway lights will be uneven. Little butt head......

If you had turned your lights on maybe the critter would have got what he deserved :P

I know, right!?! So much for tradition.... lol
Although I once found a dead squirrel in the middle of my back yard. It was really bizarre. I'd rather not have to transport a dead animal again lol

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:16 am

I usually put up my decorations in December. My mom died last Thursday during heart surgery., she's been ill for awhile and I was her only caregiver. She loved Christmas and Thanksgiving. So this year, I am forcing myself to get the Christmas decorations up as soon as possible. We are all heartbroken and I think it will be a good distraction and help us to heal maybe. I found some items while cleaning out mom's apartment that I will incorporate into our decor. Candlesticks, table linens. They are a bit old fashioned, but just what we need.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 am

Kaelha wrote:I usually put up my decorations in December. My mom died last Thursday during heart surgery., she's been ill for awhile and I was her only caregiver. She loved Christmas and Thanksgiving. So this year, I am forcing myself to get the Christmas decorations up as soon as possible. We are all heartbroken and I think it will be a good distraction and help us to heal maybe. I found some items while cleaning out mom's apartment that I will incorporate into our decor. Candlesticks, table linens. They are a bit old fashioned, but just what we need.

Sorry for your loss. :(
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:51 am

Kaelha wrote:I usually put up my decorations in December. My mom died last Thursday during heart surgery., she's been ill for awhile and I was her only caregiver. She loved Christmas and Thanksgiving. So this year, I am forcing myself to get the Christmas decorations up as soon as possible. We are all heartbroken and I think it will be a good distraction and help us to heal maybe. I found some items while cleaning out mom's apartment that I will incorporate into our decor. Candlesticks, table linens. They are a bit old fashioned, but just what we need.

Sorry for your loss :(
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:34 am

Thank you. I feel bad to post something so depressing, but I haven't been as busy on the forum as I have in past years and it was tough to explain why.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:32 am

Kaelha wrote:Thank you. I feel bad to post something so depressing, but I haven't been as busy on the forum as I have in past years and it was tough to explain why.

Because, it always helps to tell someone :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:08 pm

We started the tree last night and finished today! We have some decorations up but more to put up after lunch.

Return to “Off Topic”