Holiday Decorating

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Holiday Decorating

Postby BeachGirlShops » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Every year the Christmas holiday season seems to creep closer to October. While this may bother some people, I love all things Christmas and I already have decorations out in my home. Not nearly everything but we started 2 weekends ago and got one tree up. I was wondering how many others on here have decorated for Christmas and when they usually start. We don't usually set up our outdoor decorations until Thanksgiving weekend but I have seen plenty of houses around town that are fully decorated and have been for weeks. Christmas time just makes me happy!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Holiday Decorating

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:03 pm

November 1st in my household. Once Halloween ends, Christmas begins. I <3 this time of the year.

We spend the day Thanksgiving shopping and the day after as well. Saturday is for football.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm

I love that I am reading this on THE DAY that I put up my tree! I just pulled out all of my decorations for inside and the little bit that I use for outside. I usually start early November, but I've been trying to hold out, since most houses on my block still have skeletons emerging from their yards and pumpkins on their steps :| .

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:13 pm

First year i won't be with family for thanksgiving.. and Christmas.. so have to find new traditions.. probably will decorate in December sometime.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 pm

we bought a new tree & of course had to take it out of the box to check out the "ease" of putting it up since it said EASY! IT REALLY WAS!!

so, we have the tree beside the Halloween stuff.......................not decorated yet but I turn on the lights...........

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:59 pm

I put my christmas lights up 2 weeks ago I believe. But I have to get them up before the ground freezes which can be anytime in November (for the lights that stake into the ground). This year we're staying a bit warmer. BUT they officially go on Thanksgiving night :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have to go shopping this weekend for a few more additions...

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:31 pm

I do my decorating thanksgiving weekend. I used to do it after doing my thanksgiving/black Friday shopping. now I do some each day either before or after work. by sunday i'll be done with it.
I'm addicted!

omalkm
Black Friday Pro

Postby omalkm » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Funny you ask....

We always put the inside decorations up the weekend before Thanksgiving and the outside stuff the week after....

I was asking my wife (who is 32 weeks pregnant) if she was still good with decorating this weekend. She said, "you are crazy! We always decorate the weekend before Thanksgiving, why do you want to do it earlier this year?" She obviously has pregnancy brain in the works! :D

I didn't argue, I just told her that she was right.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:10 pm

omalkm wrote:Funny you ask....

We always put the inside decorations up the weekend before Thanksgiving and the outside stuff the week after....

I was asking my wife (who is 32 weeks pregnant) if she was still good with decorating this weekend. She said, "you are crazy! We always decorate the weekend before Thanksgiving, why do you want to do it earlier this year?" She obviously has pregnancy brain in the works! :D

I didn't argue, I just told her that she was right.

Smart man.

If my wife tells me that grass is purple and the sky is green, "yes dear". She's right.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:03 pm

I decorate on Friday the original black friday day.

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Our house is in autumn theme until Thanksgiving ends. Christmas decorations go up after Thanksgiving day...typically by that Sunday at the latest. I love Christmas but I also want Thanksgiving to look like Thanksgiving.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 pm

So far, we got 3 trees up
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:21 pm

I am so over BF already I am just ready to put my tree up now but my tradition with my kiddies is always on BF

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 pm

We usually put up the tree and outdoor lights the weekend after Thanksgiving but not this year since I'm out of state for work. I'm actually trying to stay longer (could use the extra $$ this time of the year) so if that gets approved I won't be doing any decorating (unless I buy some stuff and decorate my hotel room..wouldn't be the first time I guess)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 pm

I usually put up my tree this weekend but I did it last weekend. And also discovered that a rabbit or squirrel thought the cord on one of my set of lights might make a delicious meal :x I’ve been told I should be able to fit it. But until then my pathway lights will be uneven. Little butt head......

Return to “Off Topic”