Target (Updated 11.7)

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Target (Updated 11.7)

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 am

40 page ad: https://www.bfads.net/stores/target/ads/black-friday

Target will be opening their doors at 6PM on Thanksgiving then closing at Midnight and reopening at 6AM on Black Friday. Target REDcard holders are able to get early access to select Black Friday deals on November 22.

Here are some of the hottest deals we found in the ad:
Hatchimals Glittering Garden + $20 Target Gift Card - $54.99
Google Home Mini + $10 Target Gift Card - $29.00
Westinghouse 55" Smart UHD TV - $249.99
Amazon Fire 7 Tablet - $29.99
Select Blu-rays - $4.00
My Size Elena, Elsa, Anna, Rapunzel or Belle Dolls - $49.00
Contigo Mugs 2-pk. - $10.00

Friday only, if you spend $50+ you will also receive a coupon for 20% off a future purchase valid between November 28th and December 10th. Then on Saturday November 25th, and Sunday November 26th, you can save $25 when you spend $75 on lights, trees, ornaments, stockings, gift wrap and more in the Wondershop.

UPDATE:
Target update! We previously posted the 38-page Target Black Friday ad scan and it had a few pages that featured one-day only deals. We have since updated those pages which means more deals!

The first page that we've updated is page 2 of the current ad which now includes more information about their REDcard early access sale starting on November 22nd! They will be offering more than 150 deals, which is 50 more than what they had originally announced in their press release. These deals will be available online and only to Target REDcard holders. It's free to sign up if you don't already have one, you can sign up here!

We're slightly surprised to see that in Target's fine print they say that not all early access offers will be available to every card holder, and in fact the deals available to you may be based off previous purchases or geographic location. It'll be interesting to see what deals are exclusive to certain cardholders and what deals are available to everyone.

They have also updated page 9, adding in a few more electronics deals. The one that stood out most to us is the PlayStation VR Headset for $199.99! We've been compiling a list of video game deals for a few upcoming articles and so far it's a pretty short list.

Don't forget they are also offering weekend deals available exclusively in the Target app via Cartwheel, meaning you can only use them in-store. The first of those deals starts this weekend and will be announced tomorrow! We're sad to see no mention of their 10 days of deals, and believe that these weekend deals will instead be taking their place.

On top of all of the deals Target has been offering everything ships free until December 23rd and Target REDcard holders still save an additional 5% on every purchase! Plus, starting today until November 11th Target is offering an extra 10% off to all military personnel, vets and their families! Don't forget to read our How-to Save Money at Target article for more tips and tricks!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Target

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:45 am

Would anyone know the specifics on how the iphone deal works?
Page 9, says get an iphone 8 and iphone 8 plus free and $250 target giftcard with activation.
Or is it saying you get a "free" $250 giftcard w/activation?

It's monday and still early and I feel like they're playing games with wording lol

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 am

With added punctuation, it would be: "iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Free $250 giftcard with qualified activation."
The web page listed in the ad has more details: https://mobile.target.com/web/blackfriday.htm

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks! Waking up a bit more I figured that's what it was meaning. And I'm assuming that $99 pre-paid iphone can't be used on another network?
My dad was wanting to get my mom on an iphone but my mom doesn't want to spend the normal cost for one because to her it's not worth it.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 am

You have to do the monthly payment on the iPhone which if u have Verizon is about 29.99 or so for the 8. Be prepared to pay tax for the phone at the store. I wish they had $250 off the phone itself rather than a gift card. We don't really shop at target so the gift card is pointless to us.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:04 am

blueredzone wrote:You have to do the monthly payment on the iPhone which if u have Verizon is about 29.99 or so for the 8. Be prepared to pay tax for the phone at the store. I wish they had $250 off the phone itself rather than a gift card. We don't really shop at target so the gift card is pointless to us.

If it's convenient for you, you should really take a look at target's groceries. They used to be really expensive but now they're comparable or even cheaper than the regular grocery store prices. But I know in some areas Target is not very convenient, my brother lives in a very large city and his nearest target is like 30 min away - which seems odd to me because we have at least 7 in the immediate area lol

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 am

I usually hit Aldi and meijer for groceries. Target is a 20-30 minute drive for me. They closed the one closest to me

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:16 am

Our closest Target is an hour away. I can honestly say I have not been inside of a grocery store in over a year, with the exception of Walmart to do Black Friday shopping last year. I do not miss it one bit!

I do wish a Target was closer to us and they had online grocery ordering.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 am

Not all that impressed, but Target is never a main stop for me. Gives me an idea of what walmart and best buy will bring. But very exciting nonetheless!!

krazymop
Black Friday Pro

Postby krazymop » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:38 am

Any idea what the restrictions on the 20% coupon are? Looking to buy a Nintendo Switch. I believe in the past it didn't exclude gaming hardware, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

omalkm
Black Friday Pro

Postby omalkm » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:49 am

I noticed that the Saturday/Sunday deal for the Christmas Decorations changed. It used to be 50% off your purchase up to $100. Now it is $25 off your purchase of $75. Still not bad, but not as good as it used to be. Nothing really jumped out to me as, "oh thats awesome!"

Chipper112
Black Friday Pro

Postby Chipper112 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:17 pm

blueredzone wrote:You have to do the monthly payment on the iPhone which if u have Verizon is about 29.99 or so for the 8. Be prepared to pay tax for the phone at the store. I wish they had $250 off the phone itself rather than a gift card. We don't really shop at target so the gift card is pointless to us.

At my local store you can apply the gift card towards the cost of the phone.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Not impresssed at all.

angelashly
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelashly » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:01 pm

The phone deal is the only thing to interest me really. Do they do that only on Thursday when they open or all day Friday too?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:56 pm

angelashly wrote:The phone deal is the only thing to interest me really. Do they do that only on Thursday when they open or all day Friday too?

Target black friday ad is generally good Thursday-Sunday unless otherwise stated (like the pages that specifically say they are Friday or Saturday deals)
while supplies last obviously

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”