Black Friday Pro

Re: What's the craziest thing

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:18 am

I want to see that video!!!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:23 am

sportymonkey wrote: I think there is a youtube vid of this. My oldest daughter wanted to start going with me a few years back. I thought I would show her how crazy it could get before hand and this was one of them that had popped up. After I awaken from my slumber ( nightshifter) I will go searching for it.

There's a youtube video of this? I don't know why I've never seen it. I was there firsthand of course, but I didn't think anyone in my tiny little area of PA would actually have and post a video of it online. I'll try looking it up while you get your rest. My hubby is a nightshifter too so I know how important it is to get a good sleep in. :)

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:41 am

carmenslackey wrote:
sportymonkey wrote: I think there is a youtube vid of this. My oldest daughter wanted to start going with me a few years back. I thought I would show her how crazy it could get before hand and this was one of them that had popped up. After I awaken from my slumber ( nightshifter) I will go searching for it.

There's a youtube video of this? I don't know why I've never seen it. I was there firsthand of course, but I didn't think anyone in my tiny little area of PA would actually have and post a video of it online. I'll try looking it up while you get your rest. My hubby is a nightshifter too so I know how important it is to get a good sleep in. :)

You would be surprised what people catch on recording!!! In my little town of 489 people, you would be surprised what happens.

aarondavidsdad
Black Friday Newbie

Postby aarondavidsdad » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:25 pm

A number of years ago on my second BF as a shopper I was standing around the video games display at walmart. This was when the games were on a pallet and the pallet was shrink wrapped. When the chaos began, someone jumped on my back to get the game they wanted proceeding to knock the eyeglasses off my face. So I'm in a bit of a panic trying to get my glasses and the games I stood in line hours for. Needless to say I was able to retrieve my glasses but not the games. However, one very nice customer who I befriended while waiting for the chaos to begin had seen what happened and grabbed the games for me. It was one of the kinder things I can recall happening on a BF. I have since never been back to that particular walmart which was in the middle of nowhere in central Ohio. Now my shopping is done on Amazon with my lightening quick index finger on my mouse trigger ready for those deals to go live :wink:

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:04 am

Well at least u did get urs games!!!

lovemesomebargins
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovemesomebargins » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:17 pm

aarondavidsdad wrote:A number of years ago on my second BF as a shopper I was standing around the video games display at walmart. This was when the games were on a pallet and the pallet was shrink wrapped. When the chaos began, someone jumped on my back to get the game they wanted proceeding to knock the eyeglasses off my face. So I'm in a bit of a panic trying to get my glasses and the games I stood in line hours for. Needless to say I was able to retrieve my glasses but not the games. However, one very nice customer who I befriended while waiting for the chaos to begin had seen what happened and grabbed the games for me. It was one of the kinder things I can recall happening on a BF. I have since never been back to that particular walmart which was in the middle of nowhere in central Ohio. Now my shopping is done on Amazon with my lightening quick index finger on my mouse trigger ready for those deals to go live :wink:

I have found that to be true most years. When you start talking to the "nice" people around you, then people seem to help each other out. I have had that happen more than once!

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:02 pm

Yep me too!! Everyone out there is not crazy!

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Kids driving me bat sht crazy. Now with the early open times, peeps bring their kids. WHY? The isles in the stores are narrow enough, tripping over strollers and lil ones makes me nuts. It is Santa's night to shop, how why with kids? I just don't get it...... :oops:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am

angelmse wrote:Kids driving me bat sht crazy. Now with the early open times, peeps bring their kids. WHY? The isles in the stores are narrow enough, tripping over strollers and lil ones makes me nuts. It is Santa's night to shop, how why with kids? I just don't get it...... :oops:

It's not necessarily the parents bringing the kids, as it is the teenagers out just wondering around trying to look cool and hanging out. Those are the ones that get on my nerves when you're trying to get from point a to point b. You have a crowd of teenagers in front of you just poking along getting in the way.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:06 am

Tickle Me elmo! I don't do Walmart at opening, so the only riot I have ever seen was in Target for those crazy things. It was crazy to watch. Thankfully that wasn't on my list!!

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:35 am

Oh people did go crazy over those Elmos I almost forgot. I seen craziness after big stuffed care Bears about 10 yrs ago.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:10 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
angelmse wrote:Kids driving me bat sht crazy. Now with the early open times, peeps bring their kids. WHY? The isles in the stores are narrow enough, tripping over strollers and lil ones makes me nuts. It is Santa's night to shop, how why with kids? I just don't get it...... :oops:

It's not necessarily the parents bringing the kids, as it is the teenagers out just wondering around trying to look cool and hanging out. Those are the ones that get on my nerves when you're trying to get from point a to point b. You have a crowd of teenagers in front of you just poking along getting in the way.

I forgot about them. OMG at the mall, they are young teens too. No way would I let my 13 yr old go to the mall on BF. Peeps are nuts.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:40 am

Well phooey, I could not find it. I will have to look harder. I could have sworn I had seen it. The closest thing I could find was the girl tasering fight at the Philly mall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sitTE7Q43eU

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:49 am

sportymonkey wrote:Well phooey, I could not find it. I will have to look harder. I could have sworn I had seen it. The closest thing I could find was the girl tasering fight at the Philly mall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sitTE7Q43eU

Wow...just wow...

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 am

Hard to describe, but several years ago was at the stoplight at the bg BF intersection. On one side of the 4 lane road is Walmart and connection to Menards and Kohls and the other side is Target. This was one of those years where Walmart (and Menards as well) opened up earlier than Target so there was a huge rush to get from Walmart to Target the time came.

As I was at the stoplight a car zoomed through the intersection, which goes uphill a bit on one side then has a bump and dip in it. The car went full Dukes-of-Hazard Airborne for the one half of the intersection smashing down in the entrance to Target. It had to be damaged underneath but it kept on going. Hope he got that toaster!

Return to “Rants and Raves”