Which ads disappoint you the most?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Which ads disappoint you the most?

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:20 am

I was excited that Kmart released their ad. Then not so excited when I actually seen it.
Wow. No tv deals, no real electronics deals? They usually advertise 'buy this get so many points back on your card' deals, etc. I am just floored with the changes from the last few years to this year. I always did as much of my Christmas shopping as I could there.
The clothing deals and household items, shoes, etc. are good.
In our small town the only stores we really have are Kmart, family/general dollar stores, Super Kroger, Catos, then the small town shops. You'd think Kmart would actually be thriving here. It's bad enough selection is slim pickings! I hope I am wrong, but I think they're going to drown unless the clothing/household/toys ad can really save them :(

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Which ads disappoint you the most?

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:50 am

Walmart - there is absolutely no reason that i need to go there.
Target too - I don't think I added anything on my list from there either. I was hoping for another 50% off clothing sale like they did last year but I think it's only 40% this year.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:02 pm

bfaddict wrote:Walmart - there is absolutely no reason that i need to go there.
Target too - I don't think I added anything on my list from there either. I was hoping for another 50% off clothing sale like they did last year but I think it's only 40% this year.

I am not that big on Walmart's ad either. Thinking the tv deal for my son is top priority if we can get there and get in line in time for it. Maybe some video games, etc. but nothing screams exciting to me.

We don't shop Target on BF, sadly, because it's just too hard to get in and out of their parking lot, both the stores in the nearby city are in congested areas.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:31 pm

BEST BUY by far, but then again I haven't looked at the updated version yet. I just didn't see anything I'm even remotely interested in fighting the crowds for and believe me our nearest store is always congested on BF.

While there's nothing big I'm looking for this year, Walmart has "won" for the smaller, stocking stuffer items such as video games and movies. Target seems to be the first store to be picked over around here, especially in the games/movie section, so I may not even bother going there especialy since Walmart will have pretty much better deals on that stuff anyway. Going to KMART for clothes and small appliances mostly, kid needs new jeans and winter coat.

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:01 pm

All of them! Meijers is the only one I have seen so far that I am excited about! I will still go to Walmart and Target for the excitement and to pick up a few little things but both of the ads for those stores looked alot like last years!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:01 pm

I don't really get disappointed in the ads because honestly there's not anything I ever "need" on BF. It's pretty much just shopping for things I'd like around the house, etc. It's a time to splurge on myself. That said, I guess Walmart is my biggest disappointment because I wanted one of the stay-cool pillows and they don't have them.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:59 pm

In general ALL of them. WM and BB probably the most tho. Yes I was expecting a better bundle or GC with the PS4. I was all ready to camp out at BB for the 1st time. Although, since all my son wants is PS4 and some v.games, I wasn't all excited about shopping this year to begin with. Got really spoiled a few years back, when I scored huge with gift cards and deals in general.

Still going out there tho. hehe

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:48 pm

none look all that great..........

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:29 pm

None of them for me either. I usually do most of my shopping at TRU used to be in person past two years it has been online. With that being said I have six things for TRU compared to last year 20+. Meijers is the best in my opinion but it is an hour away. Walmart and Target were the biggest bummers by far.

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:58 pm

All of them. Was hoping things would catch my eye, but nothing really has. My main mission is always the DVDs, and I don't really need an ad for that. Oh well.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:42 pm

I thought it was just me! The ads really are bad this year. I'm sure I'll go to Walmart but their ad is pretty disappointing. They have always been a first stop for us. Thank goodness I don't really need any big ticket items. We usually buy stuff for the house and splurge a little too.

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:56 am

I can honestly say this is the first year I was REALLY disappointed in all of them. The last few years I was pretty disappointed in most, but one or two always came through to make it worthwhile. Last year I was pretty disappointed, we went out for about 4 - 5 hours, hit all the stores we really wanted and were home by 1 - 2AM. With way less than usual. Now, I did get a good bit online both on and before Thanksgiving.

This year, most of my stuff is clothes (teen girls to shop for) and those deals just aren't screaming my name. I want a kids bike, I'll see if I can get it online, if not, grab it and may not be out more than a few hours, if at all, this year.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:26 am

I have a few must want items and since they're not big or expensive it's all a wash. I'm on the look out for specifics and avoid stores with bottleneck situations (hello Target and TRU). WM & BB are nice, nothing sticks out in my mind, GC's are the selling point because companies like Bose, Apple and Sony don't have to discount their big sellers a lot to move sufficient quantities of merchandise.

I do like the hide and seek WM & BB are playing with version one leaks of ads, pulling and/or changing pages to market eye catching products in a way that more people will grab the first item on their list and walk out with a handful of impulse items.

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Agree with all above!

I only saw a few things at Walmart that me say "Oh good deal" but so many other things if you will note the price has went up! I will still go for traditional purposes. It makes me wonder with the big box stores if this is done purposely for the reason of future door buster type sales leading up to Christmas (with the shortened time between Thanksgiving~Christmas verses last year)
Maybe if this is the case we die hard deal finders can luck up.

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Waiting on Menards!

Return to “Off Topic”