oh BFADS how I have missed you!!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

gypseesky
Black Friday Amateur

oh BFADS how I have missed you!!

Postby gypseesky » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi Tony, Killa, Huy and Cema..... wicked excited to prep my shopping adventure! Hope you have had a good year. :D :D :D :D

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: oh BFADS how I have missed you!!

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:48 pm

None of them are around any longer. :?
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:44 pm

NEWS FLASH!!! BFADS is open year round. :) Some of us stick around all year, and post on this very forum, perhaps you should try it.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Yup, we never leave. We're a big happy dysfunctional family here, and we don't go away once BF ends. Well, a lot of us. Then we have the crowd that shows up between October-November. They leave in December though. :(

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:54 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Yup, we never leave. We're a big happy dysfunctional family here, and we don't go away once BF ends. Well, a lot of us. Then we have the crowd that shows up between October-November. They leave in December though. :(

Yep, what he said.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Maybe when they left they forgot to turn on the daylight savings function... site page (top right) says it's currently 5:29pm.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:36 pm

blue3715 wrote:Maybe when they left they forgot to turn on the daylight savings function... site page (top right) says it's currently 5:29pm.

That's something YOU have to set. Each user may be in a different timezone, so YOU set YOUR timezone by clicking on "User Control Panel" then "Edit Board Preferences" on the left panel. Then you need to set "My Timezone" to whatever timezone you're in so the time will display properly.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:44 pm

I miss the good ol' days when the forums were fun and you didn't have to sign up for spam to enter the November contest. This is the place to be a Debbie Downer, right?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:10 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:I miss the good ol' days when the forums were fun and you didn't have to sign up for spam to enter the November contest. This is the place to be a Debbie Downer, right?

ABSOLUTELY! ;)

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:26 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:I miss the good ol' days when the forums were fun and you didn't have to sign up for spam to enter the November contest. This is the place to be a Debbie Downer, right?

I don't get spam :?
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:31 pm

BFAds doesn't spam!

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:56 pm

There was a checkbox on the contest form to subscribe to the email. I didn't want the email so I unchecked it. It wouldn't let me submit without the box checked. Unwanted email is spam. I guess they give you the choice - be spammed by unwanted email or don't enter the contest.

They didn't make you sign up for the emails in the past - give them the email so they can contact you - sure - but they didn't make you get all the other emails. I don't want the subscription email - I'd rather come to the site to see new ads. I don't want it in my inbox.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:54 am

jeanerz13 wrote:There was a checkbox on the contest form to subscribe to the email. I didn't want the email so I unchecked it. It wouldn't let me submit without the box checked. Unwanted email is spam. I guess they give you the choice - be spammed by unwanted email or don't enter the contest.

They didn't make you sign up for the emails in the past - give them the email so they can contact you - sure - but they didn't make you get all the other emails. I don't want the subscription email - I'd rather come to the site to see new ads. I don't want it in my inbox.

Oh, okay. I like the emails. I have found some amazing deals. If I am not interested in looking at it, I just delete it. I was confused because I thought maybe I didn't sign up for the contest correctly :lol: I swear I have been getting the emails for years. But maybe I subscribed to it differently in the past.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:55 am

jeanerz13 wrote:There was a checkbox on the contest form to subscribe to the email. I didn't want the email so I unchecked it. It wouldn't let me submit without the box checked. Unwanted email is spam. I guess they give you the choice - be spammed by unwanted email or don't enter the contest.

Couldn't you just opt out of the emails after submitting to the contest?

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:00 pm

lovebf wrote:

Couldn't you just opt out of the emails after submitting to the contest?

I thought about that, but if they won't let me enter without joining the list, how do I know that removing myself won't remove myself from the contest. I don't want to sign up for a month of emails I don't want for a contest I most likely won't win. It's kind of the principle of the thing too - they're all like "we'll never send you email you don't want" and now you have to say you want the email to enter the contest. Seems like a sneaky way to get their subscriber count up. Maybe spam was too harsh a word since they do ask for permission technically (with a checkbox prechecked), but they never mentioned the requirement in the contest info ("just fill out this form", not "just fill out this form and subscribe to the mailing list").

I don't know, it just makes it feel like they've gone corporate instead of a few friends pulling ads together because they have fun with it. That "bunch of friends" vibe that they've lost is what I think used to set them apart from other BF websites.

I should probably stop complaining - that should be in the rants forum instead of here.

Return to “Off Topic”