The Walking Dead Thread

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

awestley1980
Black Friday Pro

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby awestley1980 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:12 am

Hey guys. I noticed some others in another thread had some love for The Walking Dead. Why not have a thread dedicated to it. How about that ending last week?!
------------------
Anthony
Twitter | Facebook

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Re: The Walking Dead Thread

Postby inthedark » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:33 am

All I can say is that Glen had better been able to roll under dumpster and that its wasnt his guts being eaten. :x

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:49 am

inthedark wrote:All I can say is that Glen had better been able to roll under dumpster and that its wasnt his guts being eaten. :x

Completely agree!

And what of Rick? Think he will have to amputate his hand? Ending mage it seem as though he may have been infected.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:16 pm

His hand was just cut he's fine. I think he runs out the door and into the woods back to Alexandria. I wouldn't read any more out of it.

They just "had" to have the girl sprain her ankle. The two zombies in the shop behind the metal door only started banging RIGHT on time when the herd walked by (ok maybe they heard the herd). Too convenient for me.

After weeks of being there, and then planning the Herd march.. just 1-2 days early the zombies break out of the quarry. hmm..

Glen scene..
Good in one way...

Like a bad Star Trek episode, you knew the new guy was gonna bite it and the main characters would all survive. Bravo for AMC willing to show that everyone is on the menu. They had no problems killing people off in the prior seasons, but the original core fell to just a few (Rick,Glen,Carol,Daryl,Carl, second season adds: Michone, Maggie, Morgan, 3 adds: Sasha, Abraham, Eugene).

They have to build it back up again so the group can sustain meaningful losses. A few from Alexandria for sure.

Pretty bad in many ways

1. I don't get how Glen doesn't scream when he's being eaten. That's some serious pain to just gloss over.
2. How do they rip his intestines out so quickly and easily? They had to rip his shirt off first... were they eating the guts of the other guy who killed himself? <-- is Glen alive on the ground.. does he get out? Does he crawl through the legs of the thick crowd to the ramp (see #5 below).
3. I would have loved to see Glen do a Remo Williams and run across the tops of the zombies!

4. Why didn't they climb up over the fence on their left?
5. When they saw the herd walking down the alley and their fence exit blocked, they had a few seconds to run up the ramp to the building roof. Why not go there?

Rick scene.. that's some pretty good bullet dodging, Neo (Matrix) would have been proud.
Why did the guy have baby food... do the Wolves have young families somewhere, or are they done and their story line done?
I thought Morgan captured one Wolf at the end of the invasion scene.
They should have planned the Herd march better, leaving a few cars along the way.

Why was it so hard for them to find a car when they were walking to Alexandria when down there they were able to (drive?) line up hundreds of them along the road?

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Great posting, Is Glen alive?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/det ... a54a4b4480

They're biggest issue is as they both ran out of bullets how did Nicholas have another bullet? Was Nicholas day-dreaming of killing himself.. then when we return to TWD next week we would see he realized it would kill Glen so he snaps out of it, and they are still on top of the dumpster?

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Glenn is dead,
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

awestley1980
Black Friday Pro

Postby awestley1980 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm thinking we won't know Glenn's fate until a couple weeks. They'll leave us guessing for a while. With the Talking Dead not paying tribute to Glenn. The visual of Nicholas being torn apart. Something isn't adding up. I think he's alive.

I think Abraham has become my favorite character, his no BS attitude is great!
------------------
Anthony
Twitter | Facebook

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:38 pm

I dont like you anymore :x , just kidding :wink:

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:46 pm

inthedark wrote:

I dont like you anymore :x , just kidding :wink:

:( ....... :)

There is always a slim chance

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 pm

My feeling is that if they took time to introduce Negan that killed Glen in the comics why waste the death in a one off. Great episode and was happy to see Rick hurt and waiting for him to be like the comic as the one armed bad a$$.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:17 pm

I don't think Glen is dead either and they will keep us hanging for a bit.

I'm thrilled next week is 90 minutes, but why is that? Are they going to put us through a few weeks break?

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:18 pm

crazymomofthree wrote:I don't think Glen is dead either and they will keep us hanging for a bit.

I'm thrilled next week is 90 minutes, but why is that? Are they going to put us through a few weeks break?

would assume that this would be the mid season finale, I know the 2nd half of the season starts on February 14th. Yes it starts up the 2nd half on valentines day lol
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:07 am

We cant be going on break already we are only 3 episodes into the season, that would suck!!

Reasons Glen is not dead:
- he shows up in the cast list for the episodes the rest of the season.
- he didn't die in the comics
- he is probably better prepared for this than even Rick because he hasn't lost his value for life
- he has gotten out of worse situations

Love this show!!!

awestley1980
Black Friday Pro

Postby awestley1980 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:56 am

Something completely unrelated was brought to my attention yesterday. Glenn has never killed someone (walkers not included). When I think back, I can't recall him killing anyone.
------------------
Anthony
Twitter | Facebook

Return to “Off Topic”