Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby ikey2 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:26 pm

YES WOW WOW first ad has been posted Half Price Books
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:00 pm

ikey2 wrote:Been a great couple of days here in Southern TN. We have been in the low 70 to mid 60's with drizzle, rain, and misty grey days. This is my favorite time of the year love when it is all grey and dreary it makes all the colors pop even more than when it just bright and sunny.

YESSSS! It's been so nice and I ADORE gray days..people think I am weird, but the colors are more vibrant. I'm going to try to get out and get pics tomorrow if the rain will stay away. We'll be back in the 80's next week but hopefully this and the leaked ad are a sign of things to soon come :D

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:29 pm

cinemike16 wrote:
LarandaW wrote:
cinemike16 wrote:Damn with 3 months to go before Christmas, I'd say a good 90% of my shopping is already done. This is the earliest I've ever started preparing for the holidays in years. I guess I better slow down so I can have a reason to go out on BF :lol:

Biggest gift was paid for back in July, and that's a trip to Disney World over Christmas break for the wife and kid.

OMG how sweet!!!!!! So I'm very nosy!-- How will you give them the gift of Disney being that it's a trip "over Christmas" will it be an after Christmas trip so that they open the surprise Christmas morning or a through Christmas trip? Just asking because wouldn't it be fun to leave little hints along the way say after BF maybe weekly a clue or scavenger hunt type of deal? Then again if it's from Santa that wouldn't work.....LOL (sorry I get so excited over anything anyone does)

They're flying out Christmas morning and will return January 2nd. They know of the trip, but they don't know any details yet. I'm thinking about wrapping up the plane/park passes, itinerary and some memory cards for her camera in a box to watch them open before they take off. We were supposed to take the trip as a family last year, but after my wife's miscarriage our house was a mess, we couldn't make the 40 mile trip to my parents' house for dinner so there was no way we were going ~2000 miles to Orlando. My daughter was crushed, so I had made a promise to her that she'd see Mickey and friends in 2015. At the time I figured I'd be self-employed and could take the time off to go with them, then one thing after another forced me to find another job. Since I just started I won't have any paid vacation time for the first year, and if I took a week unpaid leave off there's no guarantee my job would still be here when I got back I decided to make it a Christmas gift to the two of them, and we'd make the family trip (by car so we can make other touristy stops along the way) later on.

Disney passes are all done via Magic Bands. Make sure you register online so you get them mailed. Pre arrange your fast passes too. All stored on the band. It's also the room key.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:40 pm

tinytim35 wrote:
lwmjr wrote:BREAKING NEWS :lol:

Black friday is next month

Welcome to October

I WANT IT NOW!!!!

You gotta get past Columbus Day weekend sales first. What I do is save the flyers for these sales, and compare to the BF pricing, to see if there really is a deal. I saved from Labor Day and most "sale" prices weren't any less then than they were on this past (normal) weekend.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:48 pm

I've been BF shopping for probably close to 20 years but this might be the first year that I do most of my shopping online and I'm bummed. Usually by this time of year, I've bought and planned and cannot wait for the ads to come out. Since we moved, it is a chore to go to the stores around here. Just for the record, shopping should not be painful. I love the thrill of the hunt one day a year but I see no need to battle crowds to shop at Walmart and Target on any given day. That being said, I can only imagine how bad the BF crowds will be here and as bummed as I am to miss out, I just don't see myself getting into that craziness unless the deals are just too good to pass up.

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:40 pm

What is it with the dumb people that can't drive today. Lord we were going 30-35 miles per hour in a 65 mph zone. Road rage over time for some ads people.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Today they are cooking us lunch so at least i have that to look forwarded to this evening. It is being pushed as a Tailgate party at least tonight is Thursday night Football so guess that works.
Hester, Pat

Andy Rooney

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:17 am

Figures, my only day off this week and the weather is ...Rain is expected through tomorrow morning :(

ikey2 wrote:What is it with the dumb people that can't drive today. Lord we were going 30-35 miles per hour in a 65 mph zone. Road rage over time for some ads people.

While I don't condone impeding traffic, calling them "dumb" isn't right. Just because the speed limit is posted at 65 mph doesn't mean you HAVE to go that fast. To me, a "dumb driver" is defined by someone who insists on driving at or over the speed limit in bad weather conditions or shows examples of bad driving - such as passing on a blind curve or in a no-passing zone, for instance.

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:40 am

Today been cleaning like a mad man. Took down all the beds in the house and cleaned and vacuumed underneath all them sheets curtains. SO what is everyone else up to?
Hester, Pat

Andy Rooney

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:13 pm

ikey2 wrote:Today been cleaning like a mad man. Took down all the beds in the house and cleaned and vacuumed underneath all them sheets curtains. SO what is everyone else up to?

Marry me Ikey LOL (just kidding you know our kindredship rocks!!!)
Just got home from the office.. back & forth between watching one of the shopping channels Christmas gift ideas and Amityville Horror.... SO nothing but holidays on my mind as we get that much closer!!!!

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:55 pm

LarandaW wrote:
ikey2 wrote:Today been cleaning like a mad man. Took down all the beds in the house and cleaned and vacuumed underneath all them sheets curtains. SO what is everyone else up to?

Marry me Ikey LOL (just kidding you know our kindredship rocks!!!)
Just got home from the office.. back & forth between watching one of the shopping channels Christmas gift ideas and Amityville Horror.... SO nothing but holidays on my mind as we get that much closer!!!!

The ring is on the way. ;)

that reminds me not watched that movie in ages.
Hester, Pat

Andy Rooney

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:32 pm

blue3715 wrote:[quote="cinemike16They're flying out Christmas morning and will return January 2nd. They know of the trip, but they don't know any details yet. I'm thinking about wrapping up the plane/park passes, itinerary and some memory cards for her camera in a box to watch them open before they take off. We were supposed to take the trip as a family last year, but after my wife's miscarriage our house was a mess, we couldn't make the 40 mile trip to my parents' house for dinner so there was no way we were going ~2000 miles to Orlando. My daughter was crushed, so I had made a promise to her that she'd see Mickey and friends in 2015. At the time I figured I'd be self-employed and could take the time off to go with them, then one thing after another forced me to find another job. Since I just started I won't have any paid vacation time for the first year, and if I took a week unpaid leave off there's no guarantee my job would still be here when I got back I decided to make it a Christmas gift to the two of them, and we'd make the family trip (by car so we can make other touristy stops along the way) later on.

Disney passes are all done via Magic Bands. Make sure you register online so you get them mailed. Pre arrange your fast passes too. All stored on the band. It's also the room key.[/quote]

you can also order the magic bands ahead of time. there's an app called shopdisney. they have the bands there. you can get one in your wife and daughter's favorite character. they have a villain one I REALLLY want but unfortunately that's one that's only sold in the park (at least for now) so I can't get one. But they have princesses, and I think mickey and Minnie ones, as well as just plain color with a mickey icon.
I'm addicted!

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:38 pm

pdavis wrote:
blue3715 wrote:[quote="cinemike16They're flying out Christmas morning and will return January 2nd. They know of the trip, but they don't know any details yet. I'm thinking about wrapping up the plane/park passes, itinerary and some memory cards for her camera in a box to watch them open before they take off. We were supposed to take the trip as a family last year, but after my wife's miscarriage our house was a mess, we couldn't make the 40 mile trip to my parents' house for dinner so there was no way we were going ~2000 miles to Orlando. My daughter was crushed, so I had made a promise to her that she'd see Mickey and friends in 2015. At the time I figured I'd be self-employed and could take the time off to go with them, then one thing after another forced me to find another job. Since I just started I won't have any paid vacation time for the first year, and if I took a week unpaid leave off there's no guarantee my job would still be here when I got back I decided to make it a Christmas gift to the two of them, and we'd make the family trip (by car so we can make other touristy stops along the way) later on.

We are going near Christmas time and made a promise to my daughter she will go by her 9th birthday; yeah that was last year. The funny this is, we will be landing in Orlando the day before her birthday and have all day to do whatever. I wanted to hit Downtown Disney and scope out Bippity Boppity Boo before we go on her birthday. Technically, we did promise to take her by her 9th birthday and we will. I am so excited to go and can not wait to get there.

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Finally covered the pool, summer is gone
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:06 am

I have woken up to see frost on the ground the past few mornings.

Return to “Off Topic”