Batteries.. the eternal gift

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Batteries.. the eternal gift

Postby blue3715 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:52 am

You never don't need AA or AAA batteries. I find that BF has some good deals if you also take care to buy the right batteries. Not all are the same. Rayovac/Duracell/Energizer are the standard. Anything else where the brand name is NOT on the package do not buy.

Even within the big names, some batteries last longer than others. I have actually spent a bit of time on it, because I needed AAA that would last a long time in my walkie talkies. And I have to say that after research I found that the Rayovacs are excellent batteries for AA/AAA.

As for C or D I am not sure as usually these are used in light up or heavy things (flashlights, moving toys) and I don't use many of them to buy more than 8-12 and don't need enough to worry about saving 50c.

You will pay 50c or more if you get Duracell/Energizer.. which don't last any longer (or less as I have seen)

If you can pay under $.30 per battery you have done well.

Rayovac 48-pk. AA Batteries Mill's Fleet Farm $7.49 (15 cents ea)
Rayovac 30-pk. AA Batteries GameStop $9.99 (33 cents ea)
Rayovac 40-pk. AA/AAA Batteries Combo pack (20 of each) Walmart $6.57 (16 cents ea) **
Rayovac 30-pk AA Battery Ace Hardware $6.49 (21 cents ea)
Rayovac 36-pk AA or AAA Lowes $5.97 (17 cents ea) **
Rayovac 48-pk. AAA Batteries Mill's fleet $7.49 (15 cents ea)

** People may fight for the TVs at Walmart but I'm grabbing these or at Lowes.. it will last the year... ALSO to make them last, store the ones you aren't using in your refrigerator (not freezer or garage.. don't freeze them)
Last edited by blue3715 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: Batteries.. the eternal gift

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Utilitech makes a good battery, I haven't had any problems with them
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:36 pm

I still have AA batteries that I bought on BF at Home Depot 3 years ago when you could get 50 for like $4. lol
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:43 pm

yep, bought a bunch at HD and Lowes, imagine they will have a good deal again this year
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:58 pm

teknoge3k wrote:I still have AA batteries that I bought on BF at Home Depot 3 years ago when you could get 50 for like $4. lol

do they still work?? i remember one year i bought a cheap pack from menards on black friday and after a couple of years all of the batteries were pretty much dead

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Yep they work great.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Now i'll probably drive myself nuts trying to hunt down the batteries in walmart....... lol

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:15 pm

For AA and AAA, I've switched to rechargeable batteries, which I highly recommend. There are now low discharge batteries that keep much of their charge while being stored. So, you can charge them and keep them on hand for swapping in whenever you need them. I basically never have to worry about buying batteries or running out. And, for my LED headlamp I am always able to use a fully-charged set of batteries to get the brightest amount of light (otherwise the light gets dimmer as the battery gets used up). Some brand names of low discharge batteries are Eneloop and Imedion.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:00 pm

I have rechargables too and I love them. I got a 4 pack with the charger for like $12 at target. I know that you can't use them on some electronics though.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:48 pm

bfaddict wrote:I have rechargables too and I love them. I got a 4 pack with the charger for like $12 at target. I know that you can't use them on some electronics though.

If it takes a regular battery, you should be able to use a rechargeable one

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:10 pm

lwmjr wrote:
bfaddict wrote:I have rechargables too and I love them. I got a 4 pack with the charger for like $12 at target. I know that you can't use them on some electronics though.

I think it's few and far between but there are some things that don't recommend using them.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:07 pm

bfaddict wrote:
lwmjr wrote:

I think it's few and far between but there are some things that don't recommend using them.

I will take your word for it, I don't have anything like that,
Now, some rechargeable items, don't recommend using regular batteries.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:56 am

Some electronic equipment specifically designed for NiCd or NiMH cells really may not tolerate the higher voltage of Alkalines and similar chemistrys.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:54 pm

blue3715 wrote:You never don't need AA or AAA batteries. I find that BF has some good deals if you also take care to buy the right batteries. Not all are the same. Rayovac/Duracell/Energizer are the standard. Anything else where the brand name is NOT on the package do not buy.

Even within the big names, some batteries last longer than others. I have actually spent a bit of time on it, because I needed AAA that would last a long time in my walkie talkies. And I have to say that after research I found that the Rayovacs are excellent batteries for AA/AAA.

As for C or D I am not sure as usually these are used in light up or heavy things (flashlights, moving toys) and I don't use many of them to buy more than 8-12 and don't need enough to worry about saving 50c.

You will pay 50c or more if you get Duracell/Energizer.. which don't last any longer (or less as I have seen)

Rayovac 40-pk. AA/AAA Batteries Combo pack (20 of each) Walmart $6.57 (16 cents ea) **

** People may fight for the TVs at Walmart but I'm grabbing these or at Lowes.. it will last the year... ALSO to make them last, store the ones you aren't using in your refrigerator (not freezer or garage.. don't freeze them)

True Value.. 24 pk for $3.99.. That's under 17c each.
http://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday/True- ... lectronics

Irish
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Irish » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:56 pm

blue3715 wrote:
blue3715 wrote:You never don't need AA or AAA batteries. I find that BF has some good deals if you also take care to buy the right batteries. Not all are the same. Rayovac/Duracell/Energizer are the standard. Anything else where the brand name is NOT on the package do not buy.

True Value.. 24 pk for $3.99.. That's under 17c each.
http://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday/True- ... lectronics

Thanks! I appreciate this. We are always looking for good prices on batteries.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”