AMA with BF Ads Writer (BFAdvisor)

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: AMA with BF Ads Writer (BFAdvisor)

Postby Vols44 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:29 am

Will you lend your expertise to the mass for BF 14'?

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:39 pm

13 posts and practically a no show for last year? It doesn't seem likely. And what's the deal with a couple of no-show mods for the last few years? It would be nice to get some dedicated help during this season. Perhaps the king will let us know what to expect.

HighwayForFriday
Black Friday Pro

Postby HighwayForFriday » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Question: Which stores have the habit or even have at least once, CHANGED their BF Ad after the original had been leaked?

I recall one or two main stores had their BF Ads leaked and before BF they had changed some items and prices.
Last edited by HighwayForFriday on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HighwayForFriday??? On Black Friday you gotta make a run to the nearest highway for your favorite deals duh!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:08 pm

raymacfla wrote:13 posts and practically a no show for last year? It doesn't seem likely. And what's the deal with a couple of no-show mods for the last few years? It would be nice to get some dedicated help during this season. Perhaps the king will let us know what to expect.

Not all mods are no-shows. I'm here. :cry: :cry:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

HighwayForFriday
Black Friday Pro

Postby HighwayForFriday » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Another Question: When are the Best Deals of each Category Articles posted? Is it a week before BF? I usually depend on those then to look at every single ad and item on sale.
HighwayForFriday??? On Black Friday you gotta make a run to the nearest highway for your favorite deals duh!

BFAdvisor
Black Friday Amateur

Postby BFAdvisor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:10 am

Vols44 wrote:Will you lend your expertise to the mass for BF 14'?

I'd be glad to.
raymacfla wrote:13 posts and practically a no show for last year? It doesn't seem likely. And what's the deal with a couple of no-show mods for the last few years? It would be nice to get some dedicated help during this season. Perhaps the king will let us know what to expect.

I was here last year, there were just no questions asked here and not much activity in the forum in general. I'm not a mod here, and I only work for BFAds on a freelance basis, so I have no control over what goes on in the forum.

BUT I'm always happy to answer questions for anyone who needs help, and I monitor this thread during the holidays, even after Black Friday is over and done with, and I can always be reached by PMs or email.
HighwayForFriday wrote:Question: Which stores have the habit or even have at least once, CHANGED their BF Ad after the original had been leaked?

I recall one or two main stores had their BF Ads leaked and before BF they had changed some items and prices.

I remember this happening some years back, but I can't for the life of me remember the details, but I do remember that this has happened at least once before.
HighwayForFriday wrote:Another Question: When are the Best Deals of each Category Articles posted? Is it a week before BF? I usually depend on those then to look at every single ad and item on sale.

They should be coming up soon. I submitted my HDTV and mobile phone write-ups and I'm currently working on other articles for laptops, digital cameras, and a few others. Between now and turkey day there should be a lot of content coming up.

HighwayForFriday
Black Friday Pro

Postby HighwayForFriday » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for answering @BFAdvisor

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 pm

I don't think it was in any of the ads (unless you count the Samsung black Friday preorder thing) but I'm planning to get a Samsung WB35F. Any thoughts?

BFAdvisor
Black Friday Amateur

Postby BFAdvisor » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm

The 2014 HDTV Buying Guide has been posted!

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday-2014-HDTV-Buying-Guide

jeanerz13 wrote:I don't think it was in any of the ads (unless you count the Samsung black Friday preorder thing) but I'm planning to get a Samsung WB35F. Any thoughts?

I'm going to work on a digital camera write up this weekend, so I can probably give you a bit more insight after i've had a thorough look at what's out there. But for now I can say that my fiancee has a Samsung digicam that she picked up on black friday a couple of years ago and she loves it. I'll check that one out specifically and let you know how it compares to what will be on sale.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:57 pm

I am looking for an IPad Mini for hubby. Who has the best deal?
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

BFAdvisor
Black Friday Amateur

Postby BFAdvisor » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:02 am

lovebf wrote:I am looking for an IPad Mini for hubby. Who has the best deal?

This all depends on which of the iPad Minis you're after.. 1, 2, or 3?

No matter which pick it's going to come down to whether you want the cash price lower or you are okay with paying a little more to and getting a gift card to subsidize the price.

iPad Mini (1)– Walmart - $199 out the door or Target $249-$80 gift card
iPad Mini 2 - Staples $239 out the door or Target $299-$100 gift card
iPad Mini 3 16GB – Best Buy - $324 / Target $399-$100 Gift Card

If you plan on doing more shopping at Target then obviously that's the place to be, since they've got gift cards tossed in to beat other prices on every model of iPad the sell.

Hope that helps!

BFAdvisor
Black Friday Amateur

Postby BFAdvisor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:32 am

jeanerz13 wrote:I don't think it was in any of the ads (unless you count the Samsung black Friday preorder thing) but I'm planning to get a Samsung WB35F. Any thoughts?

jeanerz, it looks like the most comparable camera to this Samsung is going to be Nikon Coolpix L330 20.2MP for $99.99 at Target. It's got some features that actually surpass the Samsung you're looking at, for example, its 20 megapixel vs 16 on the Samsung and has 26x optical zoom vs 12x on the Samsung.

What the Nikon does not have is the wifi sharing and social media features that make that Samsung so unique. So it would be a tradeoff.. i don't think the higher megapixel count would make me personally choose the Nikon but double the optical zoom might.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:29 am

BFAdvisor wrote:

jeanerz, it looks like the most comparable camera to this Samsung is going to be Nikon Coolpix L330 20.2MP for $99.99 at Target. It's got some features that actually surpass the Samsung you're looking at, for example, its 20 megapixel vs 16 on the Samsung and has 26x optical zoom vs 12x on the Samsung.

What the Nikon does not have is the wifi sharing and social media features that make that Samsung so unique. So it would be a tradeoff.. i don't think the higher megapixel count would make me personally choose the Nikon but double the optical zoom might.

I already bought the samsung. I thought 12 x zoom would be enough...i don't know tnat i've ever used zoom on a camera. I liked that it had optical image stabilization and panorama mode. Also, wifi sounded good...my current camera is so old i can't transfer pictures directly to the pc...i transfer to a laptop then to usb drive then to pc. It's a pain...

just looked at that nikon...it looks extra chunky...i want something easy to carry around on a vacation in Australia. Hoping the samsung works out for me.

BFAdvisor
Black Friday Amateur

Postby BFAdvisor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:
BFAdvisor wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:just looked at that nikon...it looks extra chunky...i want something easy to carry around on a vacation in Australia. Hoping the samsung works out for me.

I'm the same way, I'd much rather have something i can almost forget is even there until I need it.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:09 am

BFAdvisor wrote:
lovebf wrote:I am looking for an IPad Mini for hubby. Who has the best deal?

This all depends on which of the iPad Minis you're after.. 1, 2, or 3?

No matter which pick it's going to come down to whether you want the cash price lower or you are okay with paying a little more to and getting a gift card to subsidize the price.

iPad Mini (1)– Walmart - $199 out the door or Target $249-$80 gift card
iPad Mini 2 - Staples $239 out the door or Target $299-$100 gift card
iPad Mini 3 16GB – Best Buy - $324 / Target $399-$100 Gift Card

If you plan on doing more shopping at Target then obviously that's the place to be, since they've got gift cards tossed in to beat other prices on every model of iPad the sell.

Hope that helps!

Thank you. However, actually....the IPad at walmart came with a $30 GC so technically WM and Target were the same price. Except Target was more cash up front. I ended up going with Walmart. :)
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”