What do you think about local advertising of BF deals?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

What do you think about local advertising of BF deals?

Postby sportymonkey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:01 pm

I had seen on my fb timeline a local news channel talking about walmarts bf ad. In the years past; it was almost a reward to have those deals early. Now it seems like everyone can easily access them, less secrative.
So with saying this; what do you think? Do you think that will just make local store more crowded or any thoughts to this?

I will rant in saying I get semi annoyed at fb news comments. All the blah, blah, blah about how they shouldn't be open on Thanksgiving; etc. I hate hearing how I'm a bad person to shop that day time and time again. Esp to those people who are screaming how awful it is but complaining that they weren't the first in line at Xstore. :roll:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: What do you think about local advertising of BF deals?

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Things have been opened for years on Thanksgiving. Walmart opens on Thanksgiving, and everyone moans and cries about it. I just laugh at the people. I also find it funny how they all say "let's boycott, blah blah blah" yet the lines grow longer and longer every year. Sure it a lot of boycotting out there. ;)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:44 pm

I saw a black friday ad for a local plastic surgery place...that made me giggle a bit... (I guess they do laser hair removal and such too)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:17 pm

our local news did a story on it last night and basically the ones that weren't going to shop was because they hated the crowds, so they aren't black friday shoppers anyways. the others liked that stores were opening earlier. They said as an employee they would hate it, but as a shopper they love it.

They also showed one of the local younkers - they have a bunch of storage containers in the parking lot that contain the black friday items.

Return to “Rants and Raves”