The ads so far are AWFUL this year.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

The ads so far are AWFUL this year.

Postby g-man430 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Black Friday is DEAD!!!! Time to face the music. :( I can get better deals any day of the week on the internet. Only Walmart (sad but true) and Amazon can save it now.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Re: The ads so far are AWFUL this year.

Postby cinemike16 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:11 pm

We haven't heard from Target or Best Buy yet...

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:27 pm

I hate Best Buy (shocker, I know)

I'm holding out for Target and Walmart. Even Lowe's..
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Home Depot, they always Krispy kreme donuts and coffee :wink:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:28 pm

lwmjr wrote:Home Depot, they always Krispy kreme donuts and coffee :wink:

Rub it in lwmjr! My home depot doesn't giveaway coffee or donuts. I'd kill for a krispy kreme donut, much better than the Dunkin Donuts crap we have up here.

@ teknoge3k: I'm not a fan of Best Buy either, but once in a great while they have some unbeatable prices and when I went with my brother to buy a computer they didn't hassle him over the warranty/geek squad offers like they did 10+ years ago when I bought my desktop there.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:17 pm

cinemike16 wrote:
@ teknoge3k: I'm not a fan of Best Buy either, but once in a great while they have some unbeatable prices and when I went with my brother to buy a computer they didn't hassle him over the warranty/geek squad offers like they did 10+ years ago when I bought my desktop there.

That's the primary reason I dislike them. They rip so many people off on that warranty/geek squad crap. It's sad. That, and the $20 HDMI cables. lol

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:44 pm

If Home Depot does the batteries this year I'll be happy. :mrgreen:

However, I think G-man is correct. Black Friday is dead. Sales have already started; some even better than these ads or just a little higher where one can get items now without the aggravation. Amazon is doing the month long Black Friday sales. Unless we see something spectacular, I see the sales being like regular sale days (like Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July weekend, Labor Day or "Biggest Sale of them All" or clearance etc.). The chumps will go out thinking they are saving hundreds of dollars while we sit here scratching our heads.

What's funny is that the retail store that started all of this Thanksgiving shopping now has the worst Thanksgiving/Black Friday Ads of them all. I'm looking at you K-mart.

We still have Macys, Target, Wally World (which I don't touch with a 10 foot pole in my area due to the craziness), TRU, Best Buy and Gamestop to come. TRU is already doing gaming and toy sales similar to BF. Target is doing buy 2 get 1 free for games. Michaels just had a 25% entire order including sales coupon with Thanksgiving/Black Friday only having at 30% coupon. I don't know, we will have to see but I would not be surprised if maybe Black Friday and Thanksgiving just become regular sales days like any other holiday or sale. Has the ship finally sailed? :cry: :shock:

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Nothing too exciting, I agree. Love looking at ads where sale is $9.50 and regular price was $10. :wink: (That's my overall feeling on the ads thus far...hoping something good is still coming though....)

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:04 am

teknoge3k wrote:
cinemike16 wrote:

That's the primary reason I dislike them. They rip so many people off on that warranty/geek squad crap. It's sad. That, and the $20 HDMI cables. lol

Yeah, it's funny sometimes how many people I see shopping for $35-50 HDMI cables there thinking it'd be any better than the $10 counterpart at Target or the sub-$5 cable on Monoprice.

I stopped shopping there for computers after that GeekSquad/warranty fiasco and I try to dissuade family/friends from going there but a lot of them still rather try out the product before they buy and best buy is the only option other than staples or walmart's small selection. The only time I step foot in a Best Buy is to browse the movies section, unfortunately the last couple years they eliminated more than half of it to make room for the Samsung "store". Ridiculous.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:48 am

we haven't seen TRU yet either.. that's usually one of the first ones out.

I have high hopes for Target. why? I don't know but I already know of one thing I want to get there.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 am

bfaddict wrote:we haven't seen TRU yet either.. that's usually one of the first ones out.

I have high hopes for Target. why? I don't know but I already know of one thing I want to get there.

I think they're holding out because of what Walmart did to them last year. Can't say I blame 'em.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:35 am

If you base your observations on the ads only say home while I pick up doorbusters after the initial wave has passed, snag the store manager's secret items and purchase items I will use in the coming months.

Onliners like Amazon with no sales tax in 27 states and free shipping with warehouse-like pricing limit a brick and mortar place unless they're willing to take a loss on an item to hook you into buying others at a "sale" price.

My fav BF shopping experience is the two star bfast buffet at Sam's Clubs. Something about eating stuff still warm from the oven that hit's the spot. The coffee could have been better but who's complaining.

All this food stuff has me wondering where the restaurant related BF news and deals will be on the 28th. It's the second busiest day of the year for pizza deliveries. Turkey and ham sandwiches can wait til the weekend. Save me a piece of pecan pie.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:35 pm

lwmjr wrote:Home Depot, they always Krispy kreme donuts and coffee :wink:

The HD near me has a Dunkin Donuts kiosk in it.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:31 pm

G, you, of all people, should have more faith than that. Black Friday is just evolving, it's not dying.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:38 pm

bfaddict wrote:we haven't seen TRU yet either.. that's usually one of the first ones out.

Target is now posted, FYI

Return to “Rants and Raves”