my package got stolen

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: my package got stolen

Postby bfaddict » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:17 pm

oh vols! i thought of my other question.

so a few months ago I shipped an order to someone. a day or so after it was marked as delivered they customer contacted me and said they had not received it. then they told me that they saw my business card and packaging down the road so the package must have been stolen. too bad the thieves didn't put it back since it would be of no use or value to anyone except who bought it lol
again, the $$ amount of the item to me was small and the shipping was little (thankfully she just lived in the state north of me), BUT i'm wondering if I could have filed a claim on something like that?

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:14 pm

lovebf wrote:
JrdnJstn wrote:So I got my package yesterday. I followed the tracking also. This time UPS sent it out and the guy knocked on my door, as soon as he knocked I went and got it.

I sat down at my computer which is next to a window that faces the street so I can hear cars if they are parked in front of my place. Well i heard a car and it was not going anywhere so i got up and went outside and he took off. I don't know if he was maybe following the UPS guy or what but he came maybe 2min after UPS knocked on my door. I'm thinking this guy was following UPS truck and then waited for UPS truck to leave and then pull up to my walkway and was going to get out and snatch the package


I never thought of that one! I guess that would be a good scam for them though.

My UPS and USPS always hit the doorbell and keep running. That is fine. It just alerts me. I was mailed a turkey coupon from my work and it never arrived. I have received everything else from them but this. Oh well I guess. Things happen.


I can believe USPS is in a hurry. I waited a little more than the usual 15 seconds today to deliver two boxes of fruit (it was freezing outside) and most porches were wet. I don't like wet parcels anymore than the next person.

I did have customers home who did not want to come to the door. This might be why the mailperson didn't wait long. If I don't see a light on vehicle in the driveway or other telltale symbols somebody's home I won't wait much past 15 secs to leave.

A big no-no where I work it placing an item to block the outside door. Inside storm doors are the next best thing to the recipient's hands.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:23 pm

azerigold wrote:
Vols44 wrote:
azerigold wrote:My order from Cafepress finally did come, although I am not completely happy with the items, but..my girls will enjoy them anyway.

The other order is apparently lost :( My friend is going to refund my $$ as she is going to put in an insurance claim.


I'd like to know what the local claims office said. If it's been scanned as accepted or arrived at unit they're liable and have to find the item.


Yeah it was accepted, I'll copy/paste the info:

Postal Product:
Priority Mail 2-Day™


Features:

$50 insurance included

USPS Tracking™





Date & Time


Status of Item


Location



December 10, 2013 , 5:27 pm



Dispatched to Sort Facility .

SHELOCTA, PA 15774


December 10, 2013 , 4:49 pm

Acceptance .

SHELOCTA, PA 15774


December 10, 2013 , 1:25 pm

Acceptance .

SHELOCTA, PA 15774


December 10, 2013

Electronic Shipping Info Received .


I'd call 1-800-ask-usps and have them open a case on this item and request a call back so the local Postmaster must resolve your inquiry within 48 hours. The PM should be all over this one since you had the foresight to purchase insurance. You can file an indemnity claim after registering online and have them e-mail you the resolution.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:25 pm

bfaddict wrote:oh vols! i thought of my other question.

so a few months ago I shipped an order to someone. a day or so after it was marked as delivered they customer contacted me and said they had not received it. then they told me that they saw my business card and packaging down the road so the package must have been stolen. too bad the thieves didn't put it back since it would be of no use or value to anyone except who bought it lol
again, the $$ amount of the item to me was small and the shipping was little (thankfully she just lived in the state north of me), BUT i'm wondering if I could have filed a claim on something like that?


Depending on the method of shipment you have up to 180 days to file a claim. Terms and conditions are contain within: https://www.usps.com/ship/file-domestic-claims.htm

In perfect hindsight the local Postal Inspector could have been contacted of the theft so a case number could have been put on file.

It reminded me of the two "out of place" people on one of my routes on Monday. I gave them some time and circled back around to see if they were hunting for items I'd left behind, but I didn't see them or misplaced mail the rest of the day.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Bfaddict, I responded to your PM. Tomorrow is the least looked forward to day of the year. The parcels I'll deliver will feel like orphans who missed the last bus before an important event and be treated like "red-headed step children". I'll get a few of the usual, "It's about time you got it here", quips and let the comments roll like water of a duck's back.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Vols44 wrote:Bfaddict, I responded to your PM. Tomorrow is the least looked forward to day of the year. The parcels I'll deliver will feel like orphans who missed the last bus before an important event and be treated like "red-headed step children". I'll get a few of the usual, "It's about time you got it here", quips and let the comments roll like water of a duck's back.



Sent you a lot of good 4-1-1- regarding your latest inquiry. This is an entirely doable thing. Make those people on the other end work for you and be adamant about their capabilities.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Straight from the horses (USPS) mouth. Sunday Amazon deliveries will go full scale starting October 19th and continue through the rest of the year. Friday orders will be completed at the buyers discretion.

Once Amazon parcel deliveries are deemed a success nineteen other companies want to follow suit. Parcel post was up 18% in 2013 and is expected to rise another 22% this year.

More to follow.

User avatar
guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2132
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby guitarist19862005 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:30 am

Vols44 wrote:Straight from the horses (USPS) mouth. Sunday Amazon deliveries will go full scale starting October 19th and continue through the rest of the year. Friday orders will be completed at the buyers discretion.

Once Amazon parcel deliveries are deemed a success nineteen other companies want to follow suit. Parcel post was up 18% in 2013 and is expected to rise another 22% this year.

More to follow.


So would this mean that the deliveries are being done via USPS or UPS or FEDEX or all of them?

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:37 am

guitarist19862005 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:Straight from the horses (USPS) mouth. Sunday Amazon deliveries will go full scale starting October 19th and continue through the rest of the year. Friday orders will be completed at the buyers discretion.

Once Amazon parcel deliveries are deemed a success nineteen other companies want to follow suit. Parcel post was up 18% in 2013 and is expected to rise another 22% this year.

More to follow.


So would this mean that the deliveries are being done via USPS or UPS or FEDEX or all of them?


It's an exclusive deal between Amazon and USPS. When you purchase something on Friday and select Prime (unless your already enrolled) Amazon will ask you if you want the USPS to deliver on Sunday. I you say yes, deliveries will occur between 10am and 6pm.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Vols44 wrote:
guitarist19862005 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:Straight from the horses (USPS) mouth. Sunday Amazon deliveries will go full scale starting October 19th and continue through the rest of the year. Friday orders will be completed at the buyers discretion.

Once Amazon parcel deliveries are deemed a success nineteen other companies want to follow suit. Parcel post was up 18% in 2013 and is expected to rise another 22% this year.

More to follow.


So would this mean that the deliveries are being done via USPS or UPS or FEDEX or all of them?


It's an exclusive deal between Amazon and USPS. When you purchase something on Friday and select Prime (unless your already enrolled) Amazon will ask you if you want the USPS to deliver on Sunday. I you say yes, deliveries will occur between 10am and 6pm.


As stated in another post groceries are being delivered from 2-7am in major metro areas. Amazon parcels seven days a week started October 19th and the newest is seven day deliveries in large cities and high volume areas from November 23rd through Christmas Day. The C day delivery will be the first time in eight years since the old tradition of Priority mail Express and Priority Mail door knocking by 11:30am.

I'll be hawking this thread in the coming weeks to help shippers with 4-1-1.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Vols44 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Checking the temperature of this thread to see if people want to get holiday shipping help. The two biggest programs are Amazon Prime deliveries on Sundays from 9am to 1pm.

The other program is the option to view what hour of the day your mail and/or parcel(s) will arrive if something was scanned as arrived at unit (arrived at your station that morning between 12 and 8am).

If something is scanned arrived at unit after 8 the Carrier is usually gone for the day and can be picked up in person. On the back burner is an idea for part time help to deliver parcels only once rural or city Carriers brings back a vehicle in daylight. Night time deliveries cause more accidents (and deaths) so upper management is reluctant to keep people out after dark unless necessary.

Stay tuned for updates, I'll browse this thread for comments and questions as time evolves.

Happy early shopping all.


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests