Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Re: my package got stolen

Postby harleygirl6363 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Vols44 wrote:
harleygirl6363 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:

I took you original post as a suggestion all three were suppose to arrive at the same time and one didn't. Having a tracking number via an e-mail or from Kohls allows you to keep up with the 3rd parcel's whereabouts.

I checked the tracking number they only gave me one and it said they package was deleivered on th 3rd well one was the second on the 4th no more deleievered though :cry: :cry:

If you can PM me the tracking number and it was handles by USPS I can find out where it's at. If the USPS stated it was delivered and you did not receive your item you can make a claim with Kohls.

If one of the other companies delivered it I'd call your local office for an explanation.

it was delievered via fed ex Ill have to call i suppose

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:35 pm

harleygirl6363 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:

it was delievered via fed ex Ill have to call i suppose

I have seen their employees in action and refrain from making biased comments. I have my job to do and so do they.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:29 pm

bfaddict wrote:Vols - I sent out a small package via first class on Nov 25 and it hasn't reached it destination and the tracking seems stuck. any idea what might have happened? It was something someone ordered from me so I asked if they could wait one more week to see if it showed up and if not I would send them another one.

I once sent a similar package to a friend about 15 min away and it seemed to get lost and re-routed back into the system and took a week to get to her so i'm kinda hoping the same thing is happening with this package.

Got your PM and I'm waiting on a call back. I've got an active inquiry running with a call back within 24hrs. I'll PM you when I have some good information.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:34 pm

thanks vols! you're awesome for doing this!!

one more question, i think i've seen instructions from USPS to NOT put tape over the barcodes on the labels. can we tape over the barcodes?

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:56 pm

bfaddict wrote:thanks vols! you're awesome for doing this!!

one more question, i think i've seen instructions from USPS to NOT put tape over the barcodes on the labels. can we tape over the barcodes?

There is a pro and con to this. Covering the barcode makes it harder to scan especially in the sun when it's rays reflect of of packaging tape like the scanner's beam. Uncovered labels are subjected to wear and rubbing against other materials in shipment subjecting the barcode to defacement. If I was shipping mass quantities I'd uncover local (within 250 mi destinations) and cover the top and bottom third of distant ones so the middle third of the barcode is "open" and the other two thirds covered/protected.

We have running joke in the office that you can't get in trouble for not delivering mail, but you can for missing a scan. The hot items are scanning items we pick up as prepaid acceptance and arrival scans when the clerks push the hampers of parcels to our work stations in the morning. A machine nicknamed the one eyed monster scans the items when they arrive at our building and we duplicate the procedure so items addressed to our routes are recorded.

Technology has advanced so a missed scan query can produce a photo copy of the label (courtesy of the one eyed monster). Naturally, management likes to use the copies to help a Carrier "remember" what happened to the item.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:05 pm

thank you!! i always worry because i don't have much of an edge and it's sometimes hard to make sure to not tape over the bar code lol
but i do also worry about the package coming into contact with wet weather and ruining the label.

which is kinda funny since UPS tells you to absolutely tape over the entire label.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:52 pm

ARRRHGGGHHH UPS surepost and fed ex smart mail or whatever the crap they call them are the biggest pain in the ass!!!

they send me delivery notifications for the wrong package or when it gets to the post office, I absolutely hate them

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm

yea i dislike it when companies ship that way. but only because the day it says it will be 'delivered' is actually the day that its delivered to the post office and then i have to wait one more day :(

sielervik09
Black Friday Newbie

Postby sielervik09 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm

It's happened to me this year too. I tried to send a birthday card w/ a necklace in it in the mail and when they got the card, it was ripped open and the money and necklace were taken out of it. It's a shame that people have to do that to each other.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:18 pm

bfaddict wrote:yea i dislike it when companies ship that way. but only because the day it says it will be 'delivered' is actually the day that its delivered to the post office and then i have to wait one more day :(

Excellent point Bfaddict, many people think the item will be at their doorstep when a delivery scan is recorded. I'm sure most customers don't know if Brown or Fedex will deliver it themselves or let the PO take it the last mile.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:29 pm

sielervik09 wrote:It's happened to me this year too. I tried to send a birthday card w/ a necklace in it in the mail and when they got the card, it was ripped open and the money and necklace were taken out of it. It's a shame that people have to do that to each other.

If it's not too late I would file a claim and describe what was missing. You can only imagine what things people will put in an envelope and think it will get to it's destination. Letters more than 1/4 inch thick cannot be machined and must be processed manually. This requires extra postage. Coins, keys, pins, pens, jewelry and a host of other things are collected daily at processing facilities waiting for claimants because the rollers on the automated letter machines were caught on an unequal surface. At 23,000 pieces per minute it's easy for an empty envelope to go one direction while it's irregular contents are on the work area floor.

When I get an empty enveloped I clear bag it and put the phone number for the local claims office on it so the customer has a chance to track it down quickly. People do not risk their careers over the contents of an envelope. Especially when hidden devices are recording activities at random times throughout the year by Postal Inspectors.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 pm

some more questions for you Vols. this is fun :D

do you have to pay for flat rate pricing if you use a flat rate package? for example i have to ship a very small item but it's a little bulky so i have to put it in a box. it's light enough that i could pay first class postage on it. i ran out of my small boxes. can I put it in a flat rate small box and just attach a first class label to it?

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 pm

bfaddict wrote:some more questions for you Vols. this is fun :D

do you have to pay for flat rate pricing if you use a flat rate package? for example i have to ship a very small item but it's a little bulky so i have to put it in a box. it's light enough that i could pay first class postage on it. i ran out of my small boxes. can I put it in a flat rate small box and just attach a first class label to it?

The first thing a clerk looks for is the wording on the box. Flat rates have to be a certain rate so anything less will be forwarded or sent back as postage due. You can order free boxes via usps.com. The only free non flat rate box listed is the shoe box.

Some one said out station can't order non flat rate items, but contract stations have lots of backstock.

Just read and responded to your latest PM. I'll presume all was well after 11:45am.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:49 pm

well that's a bummer, but thanks for the info!

and yep :) all is now well.
i will be resending the first package i had you look up and this time it will be going priority lol

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Vols44 -- reading this thread it looks like you're a postal worker... so... my turn to ask a question! Do the flat rate envelopes go through the same process as normal mail envelopes? I'm mostly wondering if it's going to get stamped (so that an item would get smushed in the process). I have something to send that isn't fragile, but it could get kinda smushed out of shape. I was planning to fill the inside with something and wrap stuff around it to help hold the shape.. but I was wondering if that is gonna be good enough. Maybe I'll have to use a box instead... hmm...

Return to “Rants and Raves”