my package got stolen

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Re: my package got stolen

Postby Tomfranklin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:38 pm

I live in a somewhat urban area so I've had 4 packages stolen the past couple years and I can say amazon is the one of the best for customer service in returning stolen goods

Mom22
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Mom22 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:00 pm

I recently had a package stolen that was delivered FedEx. Package contained 2 prepaid smartphones - paid about $200. According to FedEx tracking they had been delivered to my front door at 6:15 a.m. There were two problems with this statement: 1. FedEx website states that deliveries begin at 8:00 a.m. 2. We are currently putting an addition on our house, and the front porch does not exist.

When I complained to FedEx, the notes in the tracking information changed. Thankfully, I'd taken a screen shot of the original info. The store (Walmart) has offered to replace the phones, but I'm holding off. I'm trying to fight with FedEx because something is obviously fishy.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Tomfranklin wrote:I live in a somewhat urban area so I've had 4 packages stolen the past couple years and I can say amazon is the one of the best for customer service in returning stolen goods

Can I ask if the stolen parcels were delivered via USPS? If so, there are a number of ways to prevent this from happening in the future.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Mom22 wrote:I recently had a package stolen that was delivered FedEx. Package contained 2 prepaid smartphones - paid about $200. According to FedEx tracking they had been delivered to my front door at 6:15 a.m. There were two problems with this statement: 1. FedEx website states that deliveries begin at 8:00 a.m. 2. We are currently putting an addition on our house, and the front porch does not exist.

When I complained to FedEx, the notes in the tracking information changed. Thankfully, I'd taken a screen shot of the original info. The store (Walmart) has offered to replace the phones, but I'm holding off. I'm trying to fight with FedEx because something is obviously fishy.

Wow, this sucks, fortunately Wally is working with you to ensure future business.

I purposely held of on the delivery of a Kindle Fire last week til I made a second trip to a customer's house on the way back to the office instead of leaving it propped against the corner of a lock screen door. The item was too large for their mail receptacle. Even though the customer acted like it wasn't a big deal it took a psychological load off my shoulders as far as putting an item with a delivery confirmation (now called USPS Tracking) barcode in a customer's hands or mailbox.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:15 pm

I received this voicemail from Fed Ex:
Will be held for pick up at a convenience FedEx location to repeat this information, press any key. Visit, fedex, dot, com forward slash delivery to view additional options for delivering notification forFedEx package is coming to your home. Thank you from Fedex goodbye.

Where do you even start with that? LOL I don't even know what package it is - all my packages are accounted for that I know about!

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm

I was worrying about this and thankfully my dad was here to grab the ps vita i had ordered.

Though I'd be quite amused if somebody was following UPS and stole from us. 99.999999% of the time my dad is getting packages for work and gets them several days of the week. Imagine a thief's surprise to steal a heavy package and find... paperwork. :lol:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 pm

caravaggio wrote:I was worrying about this and thankfully my dad was here to grab the ps vita i had ordered.

Though I'd be quite amused if somebody was following UPS and stole from us. 99.999999% of the time my dad is getting packages for work and gets them several days of the week. Imagine a thief's surprise to steal a heavy package and find... paperwork. :lol:

And then the thief places the items on your Dad's doorstep, rings the bell and runs like he**

Reminds me of a monthly delivery to a local auto parts store. The flat rate boxes have a seventy pound weight limit and the sender takes full advantage of that option. When the gut at the shop sees me pulling up he's already got the tailgate down on his truck for a seamless transfer. Naturally I place them by my back truck door and relieve the truck of 200-300 lbs of cargo.

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 pm

i ordereda numch of stuff from kohls.com and they said it would arrive in three boxes. i got the first one which was the expensive item (kitchen aid) the next day I got the next box and i never go t the third box which was the second expenisve box with a bunch of stuff in it. Im wondering if it was stolen or just not delievered yet?! Ive been on the lookout for days now for it :cry:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:08 pm

harleygirl6363 wrote:i ordereda numch of stuff from kohls.com and they said it would arrive in three boxes. i got the first one which was the expensive item (kitchen aid) the next day I got the next box and i never go t the third box which was the second expenisve box with a bunch of stuff in it. Im wondering if it was stolen or just not delievered yet?! Ive been on the lookout for days now for it :cry:

Did the first two parcels arrive with a USPS Tracking barcode only or did it have multiple barcode?. Both of the Post Office's competitors frequently drop of pallets of parcels for the PO to deliver (especially on rural routes). Those items will have a large label with multiple barcodes. At our local office the boxes arrive late in the morning which is after we've left to deliver our routes for the day.

If you have a tracking number from Kohls via e-mail you can see exactly where it's at if the P.O. is handling involved.

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Vols44 wrote:
harleygirl6363 wrote:i ordereda numch of stuff from kohls.com and they said it would arrive in three boxes. i got the first one which was the expensive item (kitchen aid) the next day I got the next box and i never go t the third box which was the second expenisve box with a bunch of stuff in it. Im wondering if it was stolen or just not delievered yet?! Ive been on the lookout for days now for it :cry:

Did the first two parcels arrive with a USPS Tracking barcode only or did it have multiple barcode?. Both of the Post Office's competitors frequently drop of pallets of parcels for the PO to deliver (especially on rural routes). Those items will have a large label with multiple barcodes. At our local office the boxes arrive late in the morning which is after we've left to deliver our routes for the day.

If you have a tracking number from Kohls via e-mail you can see exactly where it's at if the P.O. is handling involved.

honestly IDK if they did or didnt. I got them days ago and threw the boxes away :cry: They did come fed ex though :?

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:30 pm

harleygirl6363 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:

honestly IDK if they did or didnt. I got them days ago and threw the boxes away :cry: They did come fed ex though :?

I took you original post as a suggestion all three were suppose to arrive at the same time and one didn't. Having a tracking number via an e-mail or from Kohls allows you to keep up with the 3rd parcel's whereabouts.

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Vols44 wrote:

I took you original post as a suggestion all three were suppose to arrive at the same time and one didn't. Having a tracking number via an e-mail or from Kohls allows you to keep up with the 3rd parcel's whereabouts.

I checked the tracking number they only gave me one and it said they package was deleivered on th 3rd well one was the second on the 4th no more deleievered though :cry: :cry:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 pm

harleygirl6363 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:

I checked the tracking number they only gave me one and it said they package was deleivered on th 3rd well one was the second on the 4th no more deleievered though :cry: :cry:

If you can PM me the tracking number and it was handles by USPS I can find out where it's at. If the USPS stated it was delivered and you did not receive your item you can make a claim with Kohls.

If one of the other companies delivered it I'd call your local office for an explanation.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:44 am

Vols - I sent out a small package via first class on Nov 25 and it hasn't reached it destination and the tracking seems stuck. any idea what might have happened? It was something someone ordered from me so I asked if they could wait one more week to see if it showed up and if not I would send them another one.

I once sent a similar package to a friend about 15 min away and it seemed to get lost and re-routed back into the system and took a week to get to her so i'm kinda hoping the same thing is happening with this package.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:21 pm

bfaddict wrote:Vols - I sent out a small package via first class on Nov 25 and it hasn't reached it destination and the tracking seems stuck. any idea what might have happened? It was something someone ordered from me so I asked if they could wait one more week to see if it showed up and if not I would send them another one.

I once sent a similar package to a friend about 15 min away and it seemed to get lost and re-routed back into the system and took a week to get to her so i'm kinda hoping the same thing is happening with this package.

If you can PM me a number or say what destination it's stuck at I may be able to PM you additional 4-1-1. Facilities caled PD &E's forward and mark up parcels shoe box and smaller. Larger items are marked up manually at distant locations. If the recipients address isn't clear or changed more than 18 months ago delays will occur.

Another nugget is barcoded items are read by an optical code reader and routed accordingly. Non coded parcels are sorted by the first three digits of a zip then broken down by station(s) that handle applicable five and plus four zip codes.

Don't know if this helps. Let me know (if you want to) how things turn out.

Return to “Rants and Raves”