What'd you buy

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Re: What'd you buy

Postby BFriGirl » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:25 am

According to one of my friends my kid is getting more stuff for Christmas than she has ever gotten in her entire life. oops...

Thursday morning oneline:
Wal-Mart: Iron Man for my son, women's coat with gloves and scarf for my grandma, Avenger pajamas for my son. Also a rattle, and two light up toys for my daughter.
Kohl's: Slippers for my grandma, coffee maker, wallet and workout pants for my husband. Two pillows for myself.
Groupon: Call of Duty Ghosts

Thursday evening:
Wal-Mart 1: Yarn rolling tote for my mother-in-law and a scan of yarn, Spiderman underwear for my son, socks for my son, two books one for my daughter and one for my son, lego bucket and art kit for my son, Fisher price camera, frog and shape bucket for my daughter. Plus pajamas for myself.

Wal-Mart 2: Tripod for myself (getting this thing was a bf nightmare). Man of Steel (not on sale but hubby just had to have it). Second scan of yarn for my mother-in-law (I was going to go to Michaels but realized the Michaels I was going to was out of business and I had no clue where another one was). Dark Knight for myself. Pack of shirts for hubby. A spinbrush for each of us. Two of the recipe tins that I forgot to get at Wal-Mart 1.

Friday morning:
Gamestop: Black Ops II and Mortal Kombat Vs DC (both PS3 for hubby) and Mass Effect for hubby.

TRU: Leapfrog puppy for daughter and play-doh for son.

Half-Price books: Thomas the tank engine flash cards for son, book for me, pop-up princess book for daughter.

Friday evening:
Groupon online: jacket for my son

Typing this up made me realize my friend is right I went completely overboard. :oops:
BF nut in training!

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tomfranklin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 am

can't figure out most of it was in-store but online i spent around 850$ and it was about 2000$ retail. my ass got sore sitting there shopping but it was worth it!

keep posting if you haven't! i enjoy reading

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:08 am

Samsung 840 evo SSD at frys
Corsair CX 750 PSU at frys
Juiceman Juicer at Frys
Western Digital Passport 1gb at frys
Gatorade at Frys :lol:

George Foreman grill at Walmart
TRU griddle at Walmart
Rival Waffle Maker at Walmart

Battlefield 4 for PC at gamestop

Lenovo A1000 Tablet at Office Depot

Polaroid V7 Tablet at Toys R US

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 am

I set up a spreadsheet to keep track of my purchases this year. It has really helped to keep me on budget. I set a dollar amount for each person and as I purchased, I typed in the gift/amount for each person's gift. Now I know how much is left on each person's dollar amount. I also went a bit overboard and categorized my kids lists into toys/clothing/jewelry/ big gift. So I keep them pretty even.

TexasDealGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby TexasDealGirl » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Went to Walgreens got all the free stuff with extracare bucks and picked up some cold meds, hair bands, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, lip balm, etc. Got two toys from there too. Big Lots Thanksgiving day got the LAST army ranger big set spent $55 plus got a $10 coupon off a 10 purchase, went back today to spend the ten and got my brother a bbq grill set for Christmas and paid $2.33 out of pocket. Target and Wal-Mart(went to two each); 4 pj sets, 3 1.96 dvds, pop the pig board game, alligator golf, a lego set for $14 thats usually 25, Dirt 4x4 remote control truck, angry birds and just dance kids 2014 wii games the angry birds was ringing up $20 for some reason :D . Slippers for my sister. At the pre-black friday sale I got a swap force wii starter pack. Went to tru Friday around 10am-ish? and got my son an army kit, a cowboys snuggie, and something else?? They were well stocked on most of everything.

TexasDealGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby TexasDealGirl » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:35 pm

I forgot to add the Walgreens by my house was a M-E-S-S the coupons were not printing out as they should of been and the people were being total jerks, I just ended up giving up on that one and went to the WG ten minutes away. I was very happy I did too because they had better toys and were sooo much better organized.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:18 am

I got so much stuff at Walmart, I'm debating on taking some of it back. I wasn't in the market for a new tv or any other electronics, which is too bad because I saw lots of good deals. I got everything on my list, mostly things for the house, clothes and video games. I was pleased with the deals. We ended up going back out on Friday for more video games and movies and of course clothes. Went to Bass Pro on Saturday and got some stuff there. I think out of all the places I shopped, that was the most crowded.

Debs1973
Black Friday Pro

Postby Debs1973 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:22 am

I think I did pretty good,

Got everything wanted at walmart, the $98 tv, the beats headphones, the video games,

Went to Coach outlet, got 4 gifts their plus a purse for myself

Got some clothes at under armor and old navy

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 pm

pdavis wrote:Yesterday hit kmart, got 3 each of the $3 barbies and hot wheels 5 packs. Then did a layaway for 2 pairs of shoes (BOGO free), a game, and 6 ummmm underclothing lol. Only $8 each, great price and had the size I needed which even target doesn't carry.

Then hit the mall and got superman leggings at hot topic. Didn't have them on my list but couldn't pass up the $10 price and I know dd will love them. Went to bbw, did the buy 3 get 3 free twice, had a coupon for free.item with $15 purchase, 2 coupons for $10 off $30, and was allowed to stack them. Also got the vip bag, so spent a total of $80 and saved $190.

I took pics of everything so I'll post them monday when I'm on the computer at work.

I don't have a pic of the tv. it's still in the box. waiting to see if I win a 50" in a fundraiser raffle. it's this Saturday. if I win that, I will return the one I bought at Target (or see if I know someone who wants to buy it). if not, then I will have one of my guy friends come set it up for me.

I'm addicted!

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:39 pm

pdavis wrote:
pdavis wrote:Yesterday hit kmart, got 3 each of the $3 barbies and hot wheels 5 packs. Then did a layaway for 2 pairs of shoes (BOGO free), a game, and 6 ummmm underclothing lol. Only $8 each, great price and had the size I needed which even target doesn't carry.

Then hit the mall and got superman leggings at hot topic. Didn't have them on my list but couldn't pass up the $10 price and I know dd will love them. Went to bbw, did the buy 3 get 3 free twice, had a coupon for free.item with $15 purchase, 2 coupons for $10 off $30, and was allowed to stack them. Also got the vip bag, so spent a total of $80 and saved $190.

I took pics of everything so I'll post them monday when I'm on the computer at work.

I don't have a pic of the tv. it's still in the box. waiting to see if I win a 50" in a fundraiser raffle. it's this Saturday. if I win that, I will return the one I bought at Target (or see if I know someone who wants to buy it). if not, then I will have one of my guy friends come set it up for me.

You got a few items :lol:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:48 pm

lwmjr wrote:
pdavis wrote:

You got a few items :lol:

Just a few. :wink:
I'm addicted!

Return to “Off Topic”