Walmart map

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Walmart map

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 pm

rachellynn99 wrote:What are these tickets?

I've never done black Friday Walmart in STORE. I know, I'm a pathetic black Friday shopper. But this year we want to get our son the $99 ride on ATV. I have located it on the map and I know it starts at 6pm. What is a ticket? Do all big items have tickets? How do I get one ?

Normally they use the food isles to form the lines. You stand in line, and when the sale starts, they give you a ticket to get your item (control chaos) and guarantee you get it. Then you take it to a certain area and turn in your ticket to get your item.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

rachellynn99
Black Friday Pro

Postby rachellynn99 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Okay that sounds good. We are going to try to get there at 3. I assume (hopefully) someone will be pointing us towards specific lines if we are wanting items that they are giving tickets for?

I'm almost tempted to just pay the extra $100 retail, as going to WM on black Friday makes me want to throw up. But people do it right? And most of the time it's safe and no one gets hurt... right??

No but seriously thanks for the help.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:17 pm

rachellynn99 wrote:Okay that sounds good. We are going to try to get there at 3. I assume (hopefully) someone will be pointing us towards specific lines if we are wanting items that they are giving tickets for?

I'm almost tempted to just pay the extra $100 retail, as going to WM on black Friday makes me want to throw up. But people do it right? And most of the time it's safe and no one gets hurt... right??

No but seriously thanks for the help.

Usually they have balloons and/or signs up. It'll likely be in your grocery section.

Yes, lots of people go to Walmart on Black Friday :lol: It's actually a fun place to be, if your Walmart is run right.

You won't get hurt, unless you're somewhere like Detroit, LA, NYC, Chicago.. In that case, you may stick to online shopping.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:28 pm

LOL my walmart has pallets out already going tomorrow to make my own real map LOL

BFAvenger
Black Friday Amateur

Postby BFAvenger » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:57 pm

I went to my store today (Thanskgiving) before the sale, and the maps are right in my area.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:05 pm

harleygirl6363 wrote:LOL my walmart has pallets out already going tomorrow to make my own real map LOL

Went this morning and pallets are set up as well as the corrals for special buys. Lower ticket items are shrink wrapped down main aisles. DVD's will come out 90 minutes before hand in the grocery section with guards and customers lined up six deep in front of the ones they see they want.

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Vols44 wrote:
harleygirl6363 wrote:LOL my walmart has pallets out already going tomorrow to make my own real map LOL

Went this morning and pallets are set up as well as the corrals for special buys. Lower ticket items are shrink wrapped down main aisles. DVD's will come out 90 minutes before hand in the grocery section with guards and customers lined up six deep in front of the ones they see they want.

Yeah im all good with teh DVDs did that one year and wont do it again. I did the games one year as well it was an insane mad house wont do that again either

tldent1
Black Friday Pro

Postby tldent1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:18 pm

How can I tell when the one hour guarantee is? I want the ipad mini with the 100 gift card

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:31 pm

tldent1 wrote:How can I tell when the one hour guarantee is? I want the ipad mini with the 100 gift card

You can find the time of the 1-hour In Stock Guarantee by looking at the ad flyer page containing the item. For the iPad Mini, the guarantee deal is from 6 pm to 7 pm on Thursday, per the acscan page: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Walmart/Ad?page=1#viewer

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:40 pm

They had a map, and of course, they made many changes at the last minute in which it didn't reflect, but the employees knew where everything was! They moved the DVD shippers to the back of the food against the dairy/meat case and not in the middle, which worked sooo much better. It was actually really tame tonight. Found all the DVDs I was looking for, got the iPad mini (got my wristband at 4:30, looked like they only had like 20 on hand). Checkout took forever this year, 35-40 minutes, but I was out of there at 7. So it was all good. Will likely stop after work tomorrow, since I have to work :( to see if they still have any Belkin iPad cases, and will browse the iPad mini cases (I would go before work, but will have just enough time to do Menards at 6am).

Very impressed with Walmart this year. Not sure if just because smoother with the employees, or the earlier start times helped, or a combo of the both, but it was a great experience tonight!

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro

Postby dkst0426 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:35 am

I had to laugh when one guy came up behind me looking at the DVDs and said "Man, I really wanted to get some chicken wings..........." :lol:

I liked the balloons. I don't recall those from previous years, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Some stuff was wrongly-labeled, though. Thank goodness the price check scanners were all up and running.

jamizer
Black Friday Pro

Postby jamizer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:30 am

My local Walmart was pretty well organized. Didn't physically get one of the 32 inch TV's but got the voucher....which is fine with me. I don't want to haul that TV around when I got shopping to do!

I also made my second Walmart trip about midnight. Store was dead. I think like three registers were all that were open anymore. Of course the carnage and destruction of the earlier crowd was quite visible as the employees were trying to get the store cleaned up. On my second trip, I scored the sheets (they had tons of them) and bought some DVD's from the leftovers.

In general, I was pleased with my Walmart experience this year.

Return to “Retail Stores”