Calling all Okies

Discuss Black Friday shopping and strategy with your neighbors.

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Re: Calling all Okies

Postby drinkgreen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Checking in. :mrgreen:

Crazy year indeed. Besides dealing with the weather, we moved into a new house. Good news for the family but we may be playing it light this holiday. Not sure quite yet how BF will play this year. Hoping we can partake in the usual activities.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:34 pm

drinkgreen wrote:Checking in. :mrgreen:

Crazy year indeed. Besides dealing with the weather, we moved into a new house. Good news for the family but we may be playing it light this holiday. Not sure quite yet how BF will play this year. Hoping we can partake in the usual activities.

and now they are saying storms for Fri!!! I'm tired of this crap.

We finally got the fence replaced less than a month ago......this is getting OLD real fast.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:36 pm

steffj89 wrote:yeah, the trip over there has gotten rougher and rougher with 3 kids and now my moms health is at issue. And needs to be where I can get to her easier if something comes up. My dad is good, but he has his own thing and isn't always available when things happen, and with my sister working she can't just up and run yanno?
And with her, she put her resume on Monster or one of those and this co found her, called her and did a phone interview and then FLEW in a team from DC, VA, and FL to interview her, and offered her a job on the spot at 10K more than her current salary she really couldn't say no. I am sooo beyond excited about the whole thing, it is what I have wanted for years!!

Where is her job & what does she do?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:45 am

her new job is in Rogers AR for Serco. She is a verification supervisor.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:04 am

that is too cool!

pauleyman
Black Friday Pro

Postby pauleyman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:07 am

Here we go again. Anybody want to join forces? Tim glad to hear youre ok. I did not fare as well. Lost the house close to briarwood. That being said I am hitting bf hard this year. New house is underway and I need to fill it.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 am

pauleyman wrote:Here we go again. Anybody want to join forces? Tim glad to hear youre ok. I did not fare as well. Lost the house close to briarwood. That being said I am hitting bf hard this year. New house is underway and I need to fill it.

Glad you are getting things back together. It is really encouraging to see all the rebuilds and repairs going on.

Our area was just the roofs & fences so we were very lucky.....other than flooding my MIL's car on the 31st after that tornado. I didn't know that turning on 149th from Penn wasn't a good idea. With the power out & the landscape changed we didn't know there was water across the road until it was too late. Kia's don't float real well. At least hubby & kiddo were in our cellar with the 3 dogs an cat that evening......

My mom will be driving up from Altus again weather permitting. Depending on what is for sale & when I think we will be hitting Wally World and Best Buy. Maybe the Sprint store in Norman if they have any good phone deals...

Anxiously awaiting ads so we can start planning!!

pauleyman
Black Friday Pro

Postby pauleyman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Man I want both of the best buy tvs but I am not camping out.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:58 pm

pauleyman wrote:Man I want both of the best buy tvs but I am not camping out.

I know the feeling......crazy hours for BB....not looking forward to this.

pauleyman
Black Friday Pro

Postby pauleyman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:17 am

Retail isn't looking good. Getting good deals online.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:17 am

glad your getting some of the deals...there has been a LOT available online this year. Enjoying that so that the actual shopping trip will be more about fun than stressing to get a particular thing

pauleyman
Black Friday Pro

Postby pauleyman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:15 am

Kohls is winning hands down so far. BF prices online, 15% off that plus you get 15$ kohls cash for every 15$ spent. I just bought the dyson dc41. BF price was 449$. I paid 415$ total with free shipping and I got 115$ kohls cash. the extra 15% and the kohls cash puts them WAY above everybody else

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 pm

think Nana wants to get that $139 TV for kiddo so I guess we will have to go in the store.....AGGHHHH!!!

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:19 am

Was actually disappointed in Kohl's this year. Yes they had huge "savings" but the starting price before savings was astronomical in my opinion. The actual "sale" price was barely lower than what I've found throughout the year at the store.

I actually found some awesome deals at Office Depot of all places this year.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:40 am

went by Walmart & didn't go in.....drove past Kohl's.....went to Staples then JCP & Best Buy (4 a.m.) got a couple of things then went home!

Return to “Local Talk”