Black Friday Pro

Re: Macy's Black Friday Ad

Postby Kaelha » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:42 am

Thank you!!

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:46 am

There's not a Macy's near me, but it is certainly exciting that a big store like this released this early. It is quite unusual.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:50 am

Glad to look at this Don't plan to go Macy's this year but i did see one issue i have the DREADED REBATES ARE BACK" Doorbusters should never and i say again should never use Rebates as part of the door busters. Don't take me in the wrong light i do rebates all year long with no issue but the thing about door busters is the limited number the great deal not a half deal and get money back later.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:53 am

Seriously thinking about heading into Macy's and trying on a few pairs of boots so I can figure out which styles and which sizes I can grab. That way, I won't have to worry about returning later.

Yes, I think I am having a boot fetish :lol:

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 am

Kaelha wrote:Seriously thinking about heading into Macy's and trying on a few pairs of boots so I can figure out which styles and which sizes I can grab. That way, I won't have to worry about returning later.

:lol:
There is another coupon in todays paper
Last edited by lwmjr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lyricgalatl
Black Friday Amateur

Postby lyricgalatl » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 am

Ohhhh.... I see the new Modern Muse fragrance will be on doorbuster. Might have to snag some. So glad the ads are starting to leak.
BLACK FRIDAY RULES

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:32 am

lwmjr wrote:
Kaelha wrote:Seriously thinking about heading into Macy's and trying on a few pairs of boots so I can figure out which styles and which sizes I can grab. That way, I won't have to worry about returning later.

There's not one in my paper :(
I'm addicted!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:36 am

pdavis wrote:
lwmjr wrote:

There's not one in my paper :(

I put the coupon, post, in the hot deals section
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

ameize
Black Friday Pro

Postby ameize » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:48 am

Those mattress deals are pretty darn good. Does anyone have a MacyBed mattress? How is it? I might need to go check some out before BF, too!

candycanegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby candycanegirl » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:52 am

Since they are breaking with 100+ year old store tradition to open Thurs night, I expected this ad to be better. All I see is a bunch of "after rebate" stuff & some mediocre quality mattresses.

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:52 pm

ikey2 wrote:Glad to look at this Don't plan to go Macy's this year but i did see one issue i have the DREADED REBATES ARE BACK" Doorbusters should never and i say again should never use Rebates as part of the door busters. Don't take me in the wrong light i do rebates all year long with no issue but the thing about door busters is the limited number the great deal not a half deal and get money back later.

I can agree with your sentiment. Remember when Circuit City was reviled for it? Best Buy then dumped rebates before Circuit City went under. Now, nostalgia takes over and people for some reason look back fondly on the rebates from Circuit City. Everything seems to be cyclic. Here is hoping that Best Buy steers clear of this trend.

zack54attack
Black Friday Amateur

Postby zack54attack » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Disappointed in this. Breaking their tradition and opening early this year with this ad? Meh. Not a lot for me in here.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:01 pm

I hate the rebates too...and believe me people will not be reading the fine print! ^_^

I did have a good time at Macys last year, but it was funny because they had a black out and missed the huge flow of customers. Yet when the lights came back on in the early afternoon, they honored the early bird deals.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Anybody else annoyed by the BFAds.net watermark? I understand why they put it on there...doesn't make it less annoying though.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”