What time should I get to Target for Nikon Coolpix?

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

kristyn1024
Black Friday Newbie

What time should I get to Target for Nikon Coolpix?

Postby kristyn1024 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey everyone... wondering what time we should line up to get the Nikon Coolpix at Target (half off). We are in Tallahassee so not a huge city, but last year the line to Target was pretty long. I went to TRU first and then there. Does anyone know about how many of these stores usually have??

Anime
Black Friday Amateur

Re: What time should I get to Target for Nikon Coolpix?

Postby Anime » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Depends on the store. Some of the larger Targets have an entire end cap full of them, or even a bunch stacked up in electronics or in the aisle. Others just have whatever is behind the counter or on a shelf. They usually have enough of them that you can not be in the big line, but just walk in right after, make your way to electronics, and grab one rather easily. Most people will be after the bigger doorbusters like TVs, Blu-Ray players, etc. Those after the camera just grab one and keep going on their way to whatever else, it's not like there will be a blob of people fighting over cameras, there should be more than enough for the initial crowd, and probably even enough for hours afterwards.

Keep in mind though, even though it's a fast seller and a hot item, Target had the $99 Nikon zoom deal all the way through Christmas last year. The models they sell are generally cheaply made just for BF and Holiday sales, and more often than not, they have tons left over. I got mine for $50 instead of $99 by waiting until after Christmas when they were getting rid of all the holiday cameras, which were all 75-90% off by then.

Of course you can always grab one at $99, keep the receipt, and if you get one for less later, return the more expensive one.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Last year opened midnight, i was about 45th in line I got there at 8pm....

I would say with surroundings we arent huge, but not small local...prob 300K in 100 mile radius.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:15 pm

just another point of view.....
last year i think we got there about an hour before it opened... it was a regular target (not super). once we got inside there were plenty of the cheap tvs available

it really is a crap shoot.

a couple years ago my dad went for the tv.. i think he was there for 3 hours in line and was one of the last to get a ticket for the tv. BUT targets are hard to come by in his area.

kristyn1024
Black Friday Newbie

Postby kristyn1024 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks yall. I actually got online this morning and got the camera with free shipping for the same price. My husband called though and said they had over 50 in stock. I know this probably isn't the best camera, but to sum up a long story my husband accidently threw my canon in a dumpster where it sat covered in guacamole and red wine from an event all night until I realized it wasn't in my purse the next morning and he dug it out. It still works, but won't zoom now. This is the second camera we had gone through in three months between my husband and children. So I'm doing a cheapy until they both get a little older (children and husband :). I probably won't open it for just a little while to make sure I don't find a better deal :). Thanks@

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:14 pm

it's a GREAT camera for the price. the zoom alone makes it pretty amazing.
wish i would have had enough money to buy myself one but my friend wanted it so i ordered it for her with my redcard. so now i told her that i get to borrow it whenever i want :)

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:51 pm

our target still had about 400 of these around 1 30
steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Return to “Retail Stores”