walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

promisez
Black Friday Newbie

Re: walmart

Postby promisez » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:14 am

JerZeygrl999,

The three in-stock guarantee items mean if they run out of inventory you can purchase a guarantee card that will ensure that the item ships to your store (site to store) before Christmas. How early you get there depends on whether you want to walk out with one that night, they can blow through 100-300 in minutes.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 am

JerZeygrl999 wrote:I'm loving the in stock guarantee on the ipad! However what do you experts think.....do I need to arrive well before 10pm? Obviously I intend to get there by 9:45, I'm not going to walk in exactly at 10 or after.

My concern is that the ad doesn't state how many are in stock per store. Say there are 10.... and I get there at 9:45..... and there are 50 people in front of me.... there's only one register in electronics..... the first 10 get ipads and get offered the extra warranty which takes extra time, then 40 get cards (how long does that take?).... so if they can't handle all 50 people ahead of me in one hour.... will I be screwed?? Do I need to strategize and maybe arrive earlier?? I don't want to miss this deal. It's not like anyone else has a great deal on ipad!!

I love the "guarantee" it's just I wish we were clearer on details.... I will arrive earlier if need be..... what do ya'll think???

Unless you absolutely have to have an iPad for whatever reason, I'd save some money and get a Droid tablet, such as the Samsung Galaxy. It'll do more than an iPad will.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:02 am

I honestly believe that people will be able to walk into the store at 10:50 pm, 10 minutes before the 1-hour guarantee sale ends, and be able to get the item. Once the store run out of actual products, employees will basically just hand out blank Walmart gift cards which takes no time at all. So, there shouldn't be any lines for these items.

That is my theory, at least. It's under the assumption that the "guarantee card" is just a blank gift card that you pay for when you check out the rest of your items, as opposed to something that you must pay for in the electronics department. Most of the magic of the guarantee card occurs when you register it online afterward, so actually getting and buying it shouldn't take very long.

kaseyevans16
Black Friday Amateur

Postby kaseyevans16 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Ok I'm getting caught up. I have a question about the 10pm sale. (Sorry if this has been posted earlier) their are 4 of us and we are wanting the 24" tv and 60" tv. Are they apart of the guaranteed items? I'm kind of confused, gotta love Walmart! Ha!

purplebug314
Black Friday Newbie

Postby purplebug314 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

I have noticed that everything on the Walmart Black Friday Ad says in-store only. Is this really the case? In the past I have been able to get a lot of things I wanted online. Thanks!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
JerZeygrl999 wrote:I'm loving the in stock guarantee on the ipad! However what do you experts think.....do I need to arrive well before 10pm? Obviously I intend to get there by 9:45, I'm not going to walk in exactly at 10 or after.

My concern is that the ad doesn't state how many are in stock per store. Say there are 10.... and I get there at 9:45..... and there are 50 people in front of me.... there's only one register in electronics..... the first 10 get ipads and get offered the extra warranty which takes extra time, then 40 get cards (how long does that take?).... so if they can't handle all 50 people ahead of me in one hour.... will I be screwed?? Do I need to strategize and maybe arrive earlier?? I don't want to miss this deal. It's not like anyone else has a great deal on ipad!!

I love the "guarantee" it's just I wish we were clearer on details.... I will arrive earlier if need be..... what do ya'll think???

Unless you absolutely have to have an iPad for whatever reason, I'd save some money and get a Droid tablet, such as the Samsung Galaxy. It'll do more than an iPad will.

In a world of doesn't, Droid Does.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 pm

i love droid... but for some reason the ipad is just more appealing to me. which is what i'm getting for xmas this year. :)

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm

bfaddict wrote:i love droid... but for some reason the ipad is just more appealing to me. which is what i'm getting for xmas this year. :)

Must be cause it's shiny and has a glowing apple :-D
Jk you know we love u

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 pm

john.daggett wrote:
bfaddict wrote:i love droid... but for some reason the ipad is just more appealing to me. which is what i'm getting for xmas this year. :)

Must be cause it's shiny and has a glowing apple :-D
Jk you know we love u

haha it could be. i'm a sucker for design since i'm a graphic designer ;)
and the fact that i can get the gel skin i want for it doesn't hurt either. i wouldnt be able to get the skin i wanted with an android tablet :(

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 pm

speaking of i need to go and make a gelskin for my mom's newly purchased ipod touch before i forget.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 pm

FWIW, my local weekly grocery flier has all three parts of the WM ad. If anybody has a question about an item's description or the fine print I will check this thread frequently in the next 24 hrs to render any/all assistance.

A few examples are as follows:

Event 1 is billed as the 8pm sale on Thursday November 22nd. The bottom of just about every page states the items in the ad are available in limited quantities; sorry no rain checks. While supplies last. The clothings pages say styles, colors and sizesd vary by store.

Event 2 is the 10pm sale on Thursday November 22nd. The bottom of the front cover states: Guarantee Card Distribution will end 1 hour after Black Friday event start time. Limit 1 Guarantee Card per person, per item, Payment must be made upon checkout for the Guarantee card. Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. Merchandise will be delivered to the same store where the Guarantee card was purchased. Customers will receive notice via email when the item has been shipped and is available for pick up. Valid email address required. Guarantee Cards must be registered at walmart.com/BlackFridayCard by 11:50pm CST, Sunday, November 25,2012. If not registered by that time , the Guarantee card will become a standard Walmart Gift card, loaded with the amount of Black Friday item purchsed price. All standard Walmart Gift card terms and conditions will apply. If card is lost or stolen, take the original receipt to your local store for a replacement card. Guarantee Cards not redeemed may receive a full refund with original receipt.

The bottom of the last page has a lot of the usual advertised merchandise policy. It does state prices may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.

Everything in event 3 is legible enough in the adscan.

LHaro
Black Friday Pro

Postby LHaro » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:38 am

Call ahead and talk to the store manager - he/she should be able to tell you exactly how it will work.

CkyTx
Black Friday Pro

Postby CkyTx » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 am

The earlier the better if you want a better shot at a gurantee you walk away with the item you want.

I like walmart but the last 2yrs the 2 locations that were within the driving distance didnt get any of the games they advertised that I was interested in so Im not too sure I wanna take a chance on them with that. Im also debating which of the tv's is a better deal.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 pm

so...was on the Walmart facebook page trying to find out if the flyer items will be available online...someone asked if the stores would be open so that you can wait inside...

We will not be allowing early access into our stores prior to the 8 PM opening time. We hope you are still excited to join us however! :shock:

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 pm

aren't walmarts usually open on thanksgiving anyways?

Return to “Retail Stores”