Kmart

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Re: Kmart

Postby MegaBlue » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:28 am

I think that, by 3am, most of the crowds will have died down enough that clearing out the store won't be a problem. Then again, the one Kmart that I regularly visit is never typically busy, so I can't use that to judge how a regular Kmart (one that's been around for a while and didn't spend 5-7 years as a Sears Grand) would be for a sale like this.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

I wondered about this too. I wonder if they'll actually close, or if they're hoping things will quiet down in that time period to restock, and probably have a shift change for some of the employees/breaks/etc.
Our Kmart is in a small town, so they don't get overly busy like the ones in the city, but I don't see them being busy @3am, unless people are returning from the city to shop or for those getting ready to head out...

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 am

The ad is very confusing because if you look at start times it almost looks like they are open around the clock. The ad has a section that says 3am door busters. I guess it will depend on location. Did anyone else notice this???

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:42 am

LarandaW wrote:The ad is very confusing because if you look at start times it almost looks like they are open around the clock. The ad has a section that says 3am door busters. I guess it will depend on location. Did anyone else notice this???

It looks like they will follow Walmart this year with the 8pm, 5am, and 11am sales. But I do think they will be open all night after reading the ad. Same concept as Walmart.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Postby MegaBlue » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:12 am

I think the few Super Kmarts that are left aren't even open 24 hours on a regular basis anymore (IIRC, they've gone to a 6am-1am schedule), so closing at 3am would just be "we're open two extra hours." They'll probably start doing announcements overhead at about 1:30 to let you know that they're closing, and probably restrict entrance at around 2:30, to get the people in the stores out and to be able to close at 3.

The non-Super Kmart near me only has five registers. It should be FUN on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Thank goodness all I really *need* on Friday are those earrings and the Jewelry Counter has its own register...

JimmyT85
Black Friday Amateur

Postby JimmyT85 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello all

I have a question regarding KMart.

My GF has seen a laptop she likes at KMart, and would like to try and get one. We are going to be in Orlando, and with the store opening at 8PM, what time do people recommend we get there for, in order to queue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Postby MegaBlue » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 am

I'd check online at the various sales in the morning, just to see if (1) the laptop you want is available online at the sale price, and (2) if a similar laptop might be available *elsewhere* for about the same price. If not, then the store is closing at 4pm to prep for the 8pm sale. They might not let people line up outside before the closing. Check with your store's management to be sure. Remember that they're opening at 6am on Thanksgiving, so any crowd you see outside prior to that is likely for the TD sale.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 am

Doesn't seem like anything to get me to their store this year...unlike last year.

However, hope some people can grab the TVs and tablets they want.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Shopper X wrote:
krisel13 wrote:I'm in a small town. Also, I live in massachusetts and because of the blue laws, Kmart is not open on Thanksgiving. Does anyone have xperience with this? It seems as though their Thanksgiving sale must be honored the day before. Anyone?

... the Massachusetts Thanksgiving Day sale ads (which would say if the sale is on Wednesday) aren't yet up.

FYI, the Kmart Thanksgiving flyers for Massachusetts stores are now up on Kmart's web site. The flyer I saw says that the Thanksgiving sale will take place Wednesday 6 am to 10 pm.

Return to “Retail Stores”