best buy

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Re: best buy

Postby blueredzone » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:02 pm

john.daggett wrote:
blueredzone wrote:I wonder with the recent move on removing the Samsung product from there ad what are they trying to accomplish?

Maybe another retailer forced Samsung to have best buy pull product from there ad until it hits newspapers?

Or maybe just helping to build hype for some of there deals?

who knows....

I'll tell you a quick story. I was a TV salesman at Sears for over a year. I resigned after Christmas of 2011. Samsung used to play along to the tune where we could choose our price to sell. You could negotiate a better price with a warranty or in some cases without. I love the D8000 Series tv. So I bought a 46" LED couldn't be happier. Normally I would never buy a TV for $2800; However I did so because my Samsung rep kept saying, "John, if you want a Samsung you need to buy this year". I asked why and he told me that Samsung is now forcing the retailers to all have one price for 2012 models. Yes I'm sure the black Friday strip downs and models from older years are going to sell cheap on bf. But I'm buying Samsung for quality. I am so glad I stopped shopping the bf tvs. I went to PC Richard and worked them down to cost which was in the low 1200 range for an open box demo which oddly enough was just opened because they moved the original to the other side of the showroom in the corner. So I took it and got them to throw in 2 3D glasses. I have to say that this TV is just beautiful to look at even when it's off. It consumes barely any electricity and the picture is just stunning. I have guys this year that just blew thousands more for TV's that are comparable to mine, but when they come over they all say that I truly have the best TV.

Sorry I really love their products back to the topic.
I bet anything Samsung is giving them the hold your horses, and your fire!. Those TVs technically shouldn't even have prices listed on them until the customer gets to the store. This however is all information that I know pre 2012 so I'm not sure if it's still valid information. I told you the story about my purchase because I didn't want to risk not being able to afford the TV I wanted because I took a chance and waited only to pay MSRP on 2012 model.

Interesting to hear that because the Samsungs are in the other ads. Also Generally as a rule of thumb LG has the more profit dollars. Although what Manufactures will do is lower there landed cost to make up the price reductions. Paying MSRP is absured. Unless your talking like Bose products with price protection. ( i used to be in the audio video business, although back then a 50" pioneer plasma was 12,999.99)

I like the samsung 8000 series as well. I went with a Sony Bravia though because of the opportunity. They were on clearance and moving to a new model. Still a great TV though 1080p,3d,240hz 55" Bravia series for $1348

eddiekamin
Black Friday Pro

Postby eddiekamin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Did anyone notice that the Best Buy ad repeats a couple of pages? Is that just a copy issue for posting purposes? Silly...I know.

brack
Black Friday Newbie

Postby brack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm

When best buy hands out vouchers, how many can you get. I'm looking to get to TV's for my boys. I was wondering if I could get 2 vouchers of the same thing here at best buy. I never stood in line for vouchers before, so don't know how it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:04 pm

If I remember right, for items with a voucher it's one per person.
I'm addicted!

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 pm

in the item list (not the adscan) there's a 39" tv with a proce of TBD. Any guesses on pricing? Or when the price will be revealed?
I'm addicted!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Yup one ticket per person.

Mysticdream084
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Mysticdream084 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:44 pm

I am interested in the Acer Iconia Tablet, that will be on sale for $249.99, but I am a little unclear about whether or not this is a door buster item and when it will be available for the price and how long. Also, if you can get it online for that price as well. Can someone please clarify this for me, thanks!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Mystic,
honestly those are million dollar questions and we don't really know just yet. Guessing from where it is in the ad, I might think it would be available online, but we don't really have more than a guess at this point.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:23 am

Mysticdream084 wrote:I am interested in the Acer Iconia Tablet, that will be on sale for $249.99, but I am a little unclear about whether or not this is a door buster item and when it will be available for the price and how long. Also, if you can get it online for that price as well. Can someone please clarify this for me, thanks!

1saleaday.com had the Acer Iconia for $159 about a month ago. I think you will see tablets go on places like Amazon cheaper than the $250 closer to Christmas...
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

kd35durant
Black Friday Newbie

Postby kd35durant » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Anyone else going for that 50" Toshiba LED? Is it just me or is that one heck of a deal?

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

kd35durant wrote:Anyone else going for that 50" Toshiba LED? Is it just me or is that one heck of a deal?

Its not just you, its a ballin' deal

kd35durant
Black Friday Newbie

Postby kd35durant » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:03 pm

john.daggett wrote:
kd35durant wrote:Anyone else going for that 50" Toshiba LED? Is it just me or is that one heck of a deal?

Check that--Sears has the same exact TV for only 299! Talk about ballin'.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:46 pm

kd35durant wrote:
john.daggett wrote:

Check that--Sears has the same exact TV for only 299! Talk about ballin'.

That's what were referring too.

brack
Black Friday Newbie

Postby brack » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:34 pm

So if I get lucky and I'm first in line, when they start handing our vouchers can I get say the 50 inch led voucher and a 40 inch led voucher or is it just one voucher per person even if it's different items?

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Pretty sure you can get 1 of each item.

Return to “Retail Stores”