Walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Official Deal Announcements

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

soy.lor.n
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby soy.lor.n » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 am

I was wondering about this too. If I get to Wal-Mart at 10 will I definitely be able to get one of the "guaranteed in stock" items? I'll bet if I show up at 10 I'll barely be able to walk to the electronics section by 11, much less actually get through the line.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Re: Walmart

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 am

GinaBeana87 wrote:^^

I took it that way too.

I read it as "As long as you are here between 10-11 then you are guaranteed to get one or a rain check for one."


And the rain check includes the gift card, too, right? Because I'm not waiting in line all night for that!

shopmom30
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby shopmom30 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am

I want the 40" tv for $198. I would prolly have to get in line at 4pm to get it tho :(

rapidturtle
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Walmart

Postby rapidturtle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:31 am

As far as the Xbox live card goes, watch hot deals on this web site. They just had a one year on a site for $35. Much better deal than the 3 months, and you don't have to wait in the lines.

darisgibson
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Walmart

Postby darisgibson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am

pandagirl wrote:
momto3 wrote:
darisgibson wrote:I never did black friday at walmart... I want the ipad .. It is 1 hr long...what time do most people go to get in line...I think it is on sale Thanksgiving 9.pm til 10pm.. :?: Thanks



I would get there no later than 4-5pm if you want the Ipad that is at the 10 pm sale. It is on sale at 10pm. Will be quarunteed to be in stock till 11pm. You will have to get in line and stay in line to get it. This will most likely be a ticket item. When you get your ticket you have to stay in line till they sale them at 10. They do not let you leave the line except to have a 5 minute bathroom break. Hope this helps.


You think so? I took it to mean that you would get it no matter what.

Thank you very much...Have a happy BF

g8rzguy78
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Walmart

Postby g8rzguy78 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 am

darisgibson wrote:
mechimpaired wrote:3 hours earlier than what your local ad start time says. Last year 3 hours was not early enough for some things in my area.

I shopped at best buy one year.. I got in line thur at 11am... And store did open till 5am friday... It was a all nighter.. But got ... what i was after... But they were closed when ppl started getting in line... Walmart will be open... how dose that work?? Thank you so much... Pa walmart


The way theyve done it the past couple years, was they employees around the merchandise until it was time to "release the hounds" and hand them out as people where coming thru

eabates
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Walmart

Postby eabates » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:34 am

Quick question: Is the Ipod touch listed in the black friday walmart ad the 4th generation or the new 5th generation? My son really wants the 5th generation for Christmas. If this is the 4th generation, what website would you recommend that I go to to order the newer version? Thanks...

User avatar
El Zorro
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:21 am
Location: Sunflower State

Re: Walmart

Postby El Zorro » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 am

I have some in-laws that are wanting the XBOX 360 bundle for 149...I think that goes on sale at around 8PM. If you're wanting items from the 8PM sale that aren't say the TV's or iPad's...what would be a good time to show up? 2 hours?

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Re: Walmart

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

El Zorro wrote:I have some in-laws that are wanting the XBOX 360 bundle for 149...I think that goes on sale at around 8PM. If you're wanting items from the 8PM sale that aren't say the TV's or iPad's...what would be a good time to show up? 2 hours?


We are planning about that and we don't think we have any ticketed items.

User avatar
PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Smellinois.

Re: Walmart

Postby PokeMeg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am

rapidturtle wrote:As far as the Xbox live card goes, watch hot deals on this web site. They just had a one year on a site for $35. Much better deal than the 3 months, and you don't have to wait in the lines.

I was just going to say, if you are planning on getting a years worth of 3 month cards, you aren't saving much. I think last year we got out 12 month subscription for $35ish when my husband bought a game. I know it's expiring this month, so we have to keep an eye out for deals too.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

User avatar
Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper
Posts: 2656
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 am

For your reading pleasure, the 1-hour In Stock Guarantee fine print from the ad is:
The Walmart ad wrote:1-Hour In Stock Guarantee on these 3 items!
* In-Store Only.
Limit 1 per customer, per item.
Offer available from 10 p.m. - 11 p.m.
* If any of these 3 items do sell out in the first hour, we'll offer a Guarantee Card for the item, ensuring that the product will be shipped to that store for you before Christmas.


* Guarantee Card distribution will end 1 hour after Black Friday event start time. Limit 1 Guarantee Card per person, per item. Payment must be made upon checkout for the Guarantee Card. Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Merchandise will be delivered to the same store where the Guarantee Card was purchased. Customers will receive notice via email when the item has been shipped and is available for pick up. Valid email address required. Guarantee Cards must be registered at walmart.com/BlackFridayCard by 11:59 PM CST, Sunday, November 25, 2012. If not registered during that time, the Guarantee Card will become a standard Walmart Gift Card, loaded with amount of Black Friday item purchase price. All standard Walmart Gift Card terms and conditions will apply. If card is lost or stolen, take the original receipt to your local store for a replacement card. Guarantee Cards not redeemed may receive a full refund with original receipt.

superstar207
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Walmart

Postby superstar207 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 am

I don't see the usual Corelle Dish set on sale! :(

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Re: Walmart

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 am

Shopper X wrote:For your reading pleasure, the 1-hour In Stock Guarantee fine print from the ad is:
The Walmart ad wrote:1-Hour In Stock Guarantee on these 3 items!
* In-Store Only.
Limit 1 per customer, per item.
Offer available from 10 p.m. - 11 p.m.
* If any of these 3 items do sell out in the first hour, we'll offer a Guarantee Card for the item, ensuring that the product will be shipped to that store for you before Christmas.


* Guarantee Card distribution will end 1 hour after Black Friday event start time. Limit 1 Guarantee Card per person, per item. Payment must be made upon checkout for the Guarantee Card. Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Merchandise will be delivered to the same store where the Guarantee Card was purchased. Customers will receive notice via email when the item has been shipped and is available for pick up. Valid email address required. Guarantee Cards must be registered at walmart.com/BlackFridayCard by 11:59 PM CST, Sunday, November 25, 2012. If not registered during that time, the Guarantee Card will become a standard Walmart Gift Card, loaded with amount of Black Friday item purchase price. All standard Walmart Gift Card terms and conditions will apply. If card is lost or stolen, take the original receipt to your local store for a replacement card. Guarantee Cards not redeemed may receive a full refund with original receipt.

So it looks like as long as you are in line, you will get one.

soy.lor.n
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby soy.lor.n » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 pm

It looks to me like as long as you get through the line by 11, that you'll get one, since they're going to start handing out guarantee cards once they run out, and stop at 11.

But, I've never done a door-buster so I'm not as seasoned as many of you.

User avatar
Valtar
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:08 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby Valtar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm

eabates wrote:Quick question: Is the Ipod touch listed in the black friday walmart ad the 4th generation or the new 5th generation? My son really wants the 5th generation for Christmas. If this is the 4th generation, what website would you recommend that I go to to order the newer version? Thanks...


The Ipod touch on the last page is the 4th generation (the earbuds shape says so), the 16 GB on page 7 I can't say for sure but I guess is the 5th generation.


Return to “Official Deal Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests