The good, the bad, and the ugly of your bf exp. last year

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

kaseyevans16
Black Friday Amateur

Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly of your bf exp. last yea

Postby kaseyevans16 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:30 am

The good-our Walmart let us start filling up our carts at 7pm! I was able to stock up on towels, a printer, DVDs, sweeper, and lots of the awesome deals.

The bad-when we went over to get a couple of the $3 appliances an older Walmart worker was guarding the appliances like her life depended on it. Saw someone grab a griddle off of pallet beside the small appliances and the wm employee started yelling at the poor guy. At this point everyone has their carts overflowing with bf merchandise. About an hour later 8:30pm she was told by a cm/mgr to take her lunch. Everyone waiting around the appliances cheered and started grabbing appliances and helping one another get the appliances they needed! (people were very considerate this year and everyone knew we had over an hour before we could check out.)

The ugly-as we're walking near the checkout to wait for 10pm people were walking in the door, talking on cell phones ticked off saying, "EVERYTHING IS GONE, ppl have already grabbed everything. The flippin sale doesn't start till 10pm!!!" ok...well most ppl who shop bf know GET THEIR EARLY! It's not like we're going to hand over the things in our cart because you stayed at home and waited till 9pm to walk through the doors of Walmart.

Another great thing-all checkouts were open! (for Walmart that's amazing!!) I was first in line and was told I could go ahead and put my things on the conveyor belt but of course would need to wait till 10pm to purchase my things. The cashier was super sweet, we swapped bf stories, and had a great time waiting! Also had several ppl in lines around us joking, telling stories. If was one of the best wm bf experiences I've ever had!!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:42 am

kaseyevans16 wrote:The good-our Walmart let us start filling up our carts at 7pm! I was able to stock up on towels, a printer, DVDs, sweeper, and lots of the awesome deals.

The bad-when we went over to get a couple of the $3 appliances an older Walmart worker was guarding the appliances like her life depended on it. Saw someone grab a griddle off of pallet beside the small appliances and the wm employee started yelling at the poor guy. At this point everyone has their carts overflowing with bf merchandise. About an hour later 8:30pm she was told by a cm/mgr to take her lunch. Everyone waiting around the appliances cheered and started grabbing appliances and helping one another get the appliances they needed! (people were very considerate this year and everyone knew we had over an hour before we could check out.)

The ugly-as we're walking near the checkout to wait for 10pm people were walking in the door, talking on cell phones ticked off saying, "EVERYTHING IS GONE, ppl have already grabbed everything. The flippin sale doesn't start till 10pm!!!" ok...well most ppl who shop bf know GET THEIR EARLY! It's not like we're going to hand over the things in our cart because you stayed at home and waited till 9pm to walk through the doors of Walmart.

Another great thing-all checkouts were open! (for Walmart that's amazing!!) I was first in line and was told I could go ahead and put my things on the conveyor belt but of course would need to wait till 10pm to purchase my things. The cashier was super sweet, we swapped bf stories, and had a great time waiting! Also had several ppl in lines around us joking, telling stories. If was one of the best wm bf experiences I've ever had!!

You sound like you were at my Walmart! :shock:

It was great for those of us who got there early, sucked for those who came late.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

kaseyevans16
Black Friday Amateur

Postby kaseyevans16 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 am

Lol I was in Danville, KY my hometown. Best black Friday ever:) just hope they continue to let us fill our carts up early...

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 am

kaseyevans16 wrote:Lol I was in Danville, KY my hometown. Best black Friday ever:) just hope they continue to let us fill our carts up early...

Ditto!!

It was organized, friendly chaos. There was no arguing, no complaining (Except by the late ones), nothing. I think it was easier on everyone all around. I actually approached the manager later on and thanked him for allowing people to get stuff earlier and told him how great things had ran.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Went to WM at 8:30 for the 10pm sale. Filled the cart when lazy employees weren't paying attention. Covered our items with our coats and loitered around the checkout area at 9:30. Got the lineup go ahead at register 13 (yikes) and left the store at seven after the hour.

The corrals for the bigger ticket items were organized and supervised. I'm surprised to say this, but WM had it's stuff together last year.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 am

kaseyevans16 wrote:. About an hour later 8:30pm she was told by a cm/mgr to take her lunch. Everyone waiting around the appliances cheered and started grabbing appliances and helping one another get the appliances they needed! (people were very considerate this year and everyone knew we had over an hour before we could check out.)

LOL She couldn't hold down fort for too long. Glad to see you had a pretty good exp.

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:27 pm

We waited in the line at Target for a TV. Every thing was orderly and fine as usual, however, they said there was a limit of one TV per person. Fine. Great! We'll probably get a TV. We got in. I went for my list and hubby went for a TV. Everything sounds great and easy, right? Wrong! They were giving however many TVs you wanted and when hubby's turn came, they gave the last two TVs to the woman in front of him. So much for one per person.

3kids1mom
Black Friday Newbie

Postby 3kids1mom » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 pm

The good- Got to Walmart Super Early, many employees allowed us to pick up items early, which meant less fighting at the witching hour! Friendly people, easy to read maps and able to be 4 in line to leave!

The bad- Many first time shoppers were angry with the early release. Different Employees had different rules for their items. LOTS of people shopping for resale and announcing it to the waiting shoppers. This made me very annoyed, since I am on a limited budget and ONLY shop for Christmas.

The Ugly- Two snotty women GUARDING the Thomas the Tank Engine sets- which the store only had 8 of. THE ONE Item my little boy asked for. Leaning on them, talking about how they were going to resale them on Ebay and triple their profits. However, I am a crafty, crafty Black Friday Vet and managed to distract them and grab TWO of them away for me and another shopper. When they realized I had them, they actually complained to other shoppers that I "stole them" from them. I just smiled and said, "sorry, My boys Christmas is more important than your resale shop!"

sugarbear0322
Black Friday Pro

Postby sugarbear0322 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 pm

3kids1mom wrote:The good- Got to Walmart Super Early, many employees allowed us to pick up items early, which meant less fighting at the witching hour! Friendly people, easy to read maps and able to be 4 in line to leave!

The bad- Many first time shoppers were angry with the early release. Different Employees had different rules for their items. LOTS of people shopping for resale and announcing it to the waiting shoppers. This made me very annoyed, since I am on a limited budget and ONLY shop for Christmas.

The Ugly- Two snotty women GUARDING the Thomas the Tank Engine sets- which the store only had 8 of. THE ONE Item my little boy asked for. Leaning on them, talking about how they were going to resale them on Ebay and triple their profits. However, I am a crafty, crafty Black Friday Vet and managed to distract them and grab TWO of them away for me and another shopper. When they realized I had them, they actually complained to other shoppers that I "stole them" from them. I just smiled and said, "sorry, My boys Christmas is more important than your resale shop!"

Good for you saying your boys are more important than their resale shop!! :D

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:36 pm

sugarbear0322 wrote:
3kids1mom wrote:The good- Got to Walmart Super Early, many employees allowed us to pick up items early, which meant less fighting at the witching hour! Friendly people, easy to read maps and able to be 4 in line to leave!

Exactly!! Take that resale shoppers

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:31 pm

I want a like or ditto button please!! The resellers just piss me off.
Steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 am

sugarbear0322 wrote:

Agreed! Good for you!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:52 pm

:( so much greed in the world. I wish eBay and stores would work together in stopping the resale.

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:11 pm

The Good - Walmart- We also were able to get most of our items early. Because of that we could browse through the store looking for other deals before waiting for the few items we couldn't snatch early. We ended up with more than what was on the list because of this. Most stores you can only go by your list and hurry to the next store. Walmart was pleasant and I hope they do it the same way again this year.

The Bad - I didn't have a bad that I can remember.

Return to “Rants and Raves”