The good, the bad, and the ugly of your bf exp. last year

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

The good, the bad, and the ugly of your bf exp. last year

Postby sportymonkey » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Don't know if there has already been a thread like this. What was your bf shopping experience like last year? Was there a place you would not go to again this year or do you have a set normal?

For me, I highly doubt I will go to Old Navy again this year for Black Friday. We had stood outside the mall for 2 hours prior to opening. Foot Locker employees had came out and handed out tickets; we assumed the same thing would happen for ON since they were giving away free cameras to the first idk, 50 I think. We were 15th in line and wanted that camera. The guards came to the door and a bunch of teens that had just came started bum rushing the doors. My legs were pretty numb. By the time we got in line we were no where near the 200th in line. I was quite ticked. If someone had explained that would be the case; I would have atleast warmed up my legs so that I could run. Heck by the time that the security officer opened up our sliding door; a good 100 people had already went through the other one. A lesson learned.

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly of your bf exp. last yea

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 am

Well if JCP isn't doing snowglobes this year, there's no reason for me to go to the mall and to JCP.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:40 am

teknoge3k wrote:Well if JCP isn't doing snowglobes this year, there's no reason for me to go to the mall and to JCP.

Dude...those snowballs lol.

Um let's see:

The Good:
1st in Line
Great Weather
Neighbors in line were awesome
Tons of fun
Pretty much everything except the 1 con below

The Bad:
Smoking....cannot stand it unless you smoke cigars. Luckily, our direct neighbors had small children so they didn't smoke except when they went to get things which was fine because they didn't smell of pure smoke.

All in all. Great experience. :)
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:26 pm

i'm not sure there's ever anything bad about my BF experiences. unless it's cold and i'm standing outside for over an hour.
i always have a good experience!

newkirk32
Black Friday Pro

Postby newkirk32 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah, if JCP isn't doing any type of sale or giveaway, I am not going to bother.

From last years experiances, I would not do Target again this year, except for picking over the leftovers around 5ish, because the checkout line was too long.

Also, I had my husband wait at Sam's for a laptop, but I wouldn't make him stay in line at all, as there were plenty of laptops the whole weekend.

I got all the stuff I wanted last year, so I was really pleased with that. I don't think there is much on my wish list, yet, so we will see....

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Last year was a great experience for me all around from what I remember.

The Good:
Walmart allowed us to get into the 10pm pallets at around 7/7:15 and we filled up our buggies and all waited to check-out at 10. We couldn't check-out prior to 10 because of the computers (so they said).

Sams, the line was fairly long when we got there, it was about 50 people in front of us. We got our 2 tickets for 2 Xbox 360s, then went and got the Kinect kits and checked out.

Lowes, this was by far the best for me because I was able to place my order on Thanksgiving online, and just picked it up on my way home from shopping.

Tractor Supply, they were great. My only complaint was the line backed into the parking lot rather than wrapping around the building. Cars were getting mixed up.

The Bad:
JCPenney, because they didn't open until 6 I believe, wasn't it? Maybe 5. Everything else was earlier so we were so freakin' tired by the time we got there. I tried to nap in the car but it didn't work.

The amount of cars at Walmart. When I got there, it was very early (6:45) and I actually parked up front. When I left, the cars were parked on the main road and in adjacent businesses.

The Ugly:
The amount of freakin' teenage kids at the mall because my wife wanted to go out there and we endured that mess after we were done everything else. It was a nightmare.

Us by the time we got home because we'd been shopping since 7pm and we got home and done at around 11am. That was a long night. :)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:55 pm

I usually have a great time because I go with no expectations, only ideas. By I HATE seeing babies out all over long. I guess that would be the ugly. Little kids are bad to see, too, but it's those little infants who are in a blanket and sitting outside waiting that really gets me going.

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 pm

@Tek Yes! Our mall was FULL of kids! We decided this year when we go to Bergner's (tradition to go there.) we aren't going to walk through the mall.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Best buy last year.

The Good:
-Friendly line companions
-Police and staff handled situation excellently
The Bad and ugly-
Random mob of about 200 people running from mcdonalds to the line at best buy hitting cars setting off alarms and bombarding themselves into the line who didn't even wait for two days they just did it at the last minute.
People giving death glares to us in front of the line and receiving the sharp tv.
Random pretty woman trying to seduce the people in the front of the line to come eat a hot turkey dinner in the back of her excursion in a effort to steal out spots.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:05 pm

PokeMeg wrote:@Tek Yes! Our mall was FULL of kids! We decided this year when we go to Bergner's (tradition to go there.) we aren't going to walk through the mall.

That is why I hope they go back to the 4-5am openings. Darn kids need to get outta this old ladies way. LOL
[url][URL=http://gifsoup.com/view/1361656/don-t-honk-at-old-people.html]Image[/url] GIFSoup[/url]

I dont know why gifs and me don't get along. We could be such pals. sigh

Sra Beasley
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sra Beasley » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm

The good: my baby boy was born just 4 days before BF.

The bad: I missed my first BF in almost 10 years.

The ugly: I had a CSection and was in a miserable amount of pain, and was discharged from the hospital on Thanksgiving without pain meds on hand, just scripts in hand, and NO pharmacies were open at all to get meds!

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Sra Beasley wrote:The good: my baby boy was born just 4 days before BF.

The bad: I missed my first BF in almost 10 years.

The ugly: I had a CSection and was in a miserable amount of pain, and was discharged from the hospital on Thanksgiving without pain meds on hand, just scripts in hand, and NO pharmacies were open at all to get meds!

Its a wonder they didn't fill the script there. One of the hospital I had a c/s (3 of my 4 littles were c-sect.) they did fill it for me. Stinks you had a bad exp. they do get easier though. Congrads on the little guy well.. lol he's probably not so little anymore, more like "Hey stinker, get out of that!" Sigh, miss the cute just walking and getting into everything phase.

kelly2
Black Friday Pro

Postby kelly2 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Hmmm I usually do well and dont have too many issues other than if it too cold! But...I avoid Walmart like the plague LOL. I always have a great bunch of people in line with me and for me shoppers and employees a like are having a good time. I cant wait until this year! YEA!!!!

Shopper X
Black Friday Pro

Postby Shopper X » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Good: Stores that open at around 6 am or later seemed to have better doorbuster opportunities mostly because they had fewer shoppers, the crowd having been diluted among all the other stores that already opened.

Bad: I found myself feeling ill from lack of sleep late Friday morning and early afternoon, having stayed up all night the night before.

Ugly: I would avoid any store that opens at midnight, simply because those stores will have bigger crowds and those crowds will have a higher proportion of "less-civilized" people (non-serious shoppers who wouldn't normally shop on Black Friday).

My report from last year: part 1, and part 2. That topic also contains other people's Black Friday reports.

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

Postby heatherbade » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:48 am

The Bad:

I was soo damn cold :shock: My fingers were so numb I couldn't turn the pages in my book. lol

The good:

My daughter had a fantastic time and made a tent on the sidewalk of Target for us.
My hubby brought us sleeping bags, leftovers, and hot chocolate.
I got everything that was on my list

Even though it's a zoo...I pray to line up at Walmart..........INSIDE :lol:

Return to “Rants and Raves”