OMG the UPS guy stole my smokes!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

chubles
Black Friday Pro

OMG the UPS guy stole my smokes!

Postby chubles » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:14 am

Okay yes I know it is a filthy habbit & I should quit smoking again, but seriously???? LOL

I got home early today & I put my smokes outside on the porch. I know I did because I had one shortly after I got home. So an hour or so later I heard someone on the porch so I knew that DH's gift had been delivered. I finished rotating the laundry & went out to grab the package. Then about an hour after that I went outside to have another smoke & I couldn't find my pack. I knew that they were there & my lighter was still there, but the pack was gone. So I called my DH & asked if he had come home & taken the pack of smokes off the porch, & he said he was over an hour away how would he have been able to do that? So then I started to look around the house to see if I had spaced out & brought them in with me & set them down somewhere. DS asked what I was looking for & so I told him & he said that the UPS guy took them! I was shocked & asked what he meant, & he said he was in the front room (which has a window that was kitty corner to the porch) playing the xbox when he heard the UPS guy come up. He looked out the window to see who it was & he saw the guy set the package down in front of the door, then the guy was looking towards the door & picked up the pack of smokes, opened them up & then left. DS said the way he was looking at the door (you can't actually see the door from the window in the room DS was in) he assumed that I had opened the door & that he thought the guy had asked if he could have one. OMG the guy took them! I know for a fact DS didn't take them because he hadn't gone outside at all or I would have seen him since I was in the room where the door was.

How freaking bizzare! I would feel stupid calling in to complain that the guy stole a pack of smokes, & really I am not worried about them, but if he is stealing a pack of smokes, what else is he stealing off of other peoples porches.

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Re: OMG the UPS guy stole my smokes!

Postby crazymomofthree » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:32 am

If he is your regular ups guy then I would have to make a joking comment the next time he came. Just so he knows you know.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:11 am

I wouldn't report it this time, but I would let him know you know for sure, and I wouldn't joke about it. And I agree, if he is taking your smokes at Christmas time, what else is/has he taken. I think its a pretty big deal only because he is entrusted with other peoples gifts etc every day.
Steff

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:41 pm

:(

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:48 am

I think you need to report this. UPS has a customer service line and you can call them and let them know, or better yet, ask to speak to someone in their security dept. UPS has internal security. Mainly they track down people who steal packages from doorsteps, but they will also handle any inappropriate behavior by drivers. At least this is what hubby told me and he used to work for a UPS owned company.

He needs to be reported and you do not need to feel stupid about reporting him. He was wrong, whether he stole smokes, a pack of gum, or a diamond necklace...he was in the wrong. If this guy is stealing smokes, he has likely stolen other items.

Good luck

cpatrick2202
Black Friday Pro

Postby cpatrick2202 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:39 am

Kaelha wrote:I think you need to report this. UPS has a customer service line and you can call them and let them know, or better yet, ask to speak to someone in their security dept. UPS has internal security. Mainly they track down people who steal packages from doorsteps, but they will also handle any inappropriate behavior by drivers. At least this is what hubby told me and he used to work for a UPS owned company.

He needs to be reported and you do not need to feel stupid about reporting him. He was wrong, whether he stole smokes, a pack of gum, or a diamond necklace...he was in the wrong. If this guy is stealing smokes, he has likely stolen other items.

Good luck

ITA!

Return to “Off Topic”