MACYS HORRIBLE TREATMENT

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

dougjamieval
Black Friday Newbie

MACYS HORRIBLE TREATMENT

Postby dougjamieval » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Iv been shopping at Macy'ssince I was a little girl. I was always excited whedn their ad was up but this time it made my stomach turn to see it. In june of thisz year as I was shopping with my daughters 7 and 4 and my 1 year old baby something horihble happend. I has ben at the mall all eday after driving my husband to work because he lost his drivers lic due to brain cancer. I had spent close to 400 that day. We were in macys looking around and found 2 cute shirts I wanted to try on. I put them on top of my stroller. We got distracted by the mac make up. I got mine dne and my girls did as well. In the mean time my son woke up and my daughter was pushing him
around. After buying almost 170 in make up I ran into a sales lady iv know for years.anyhow we were ther for almost 3 hrs. It was almost time to go so we had to rush. Mind you the canopy on the stroller got pushed up. And yesz I forgot about the 2 shirts. Macys did not. As I was leaving they stopped m and pulled me into the. Back. 2 women who worked for macys 1 female cop and 2 males. The proceeded to tell me what a horrible person and mother I was to do this wth my children. I was shaking and crying my girls were crying and I kept saying it was a honest accident and if I would have found them at my car I would of brought the back. Why would I spend almost 400 and still 30 worth. It makes no since. Then I was forced to show my bra and underwear to all the officers and the 2 ladies when I could have showed just the 1 female. The female office took my phone and started to call people I know to see if someone would pick up my kids because he told me I was pathedic to lie about my husband having cacer. To make matters worse one of the male cops was a an old friend of mine and is on my facebook. I finally said so are you going to speak up. He then said she isn't lieing but was still a jerk. My 7 year old told the female cop I thought cops are nice and she said we are honey to good people yor mother is not one of them. My daughter also was crying and said my mom isn't a stealer she buys things. The cop says well she has youj fooled then touched the necklace my daughter was wearing and said where did u steal this from. I almost lost it.well at the end of everything I said you know it was a mistake and I take full responsibilty for thatg and I'm truly sorry I got distracted, they didn't care. The told me I wasn't allowed back for 3 years and had to pay a 400 dollar fine and go to court. Then as I was leaving thelady from macys says have a good day and honey you can still shop at macys onilne or another location. I am now fighting this in court. People do make mistakes and when ur a busy mom things slip ur mind I. Was so upset I didn't leave my house for a week. My poor girls were terrified but my girls said mama we love u and ur a good mama.

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:10 pm

:shock:

Paragraphs.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:21 pm

You should contact the media or hire a lawyer this probably isnt something macys will want to pursue right near the holidays. Just an idea.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Oh wow, I am so sorry :( I can't imagine how awful that was and the way they were talking to you in front of your children, they are the ones that deserve a good SLAP, but not on the wrist!!!! A good slap in the face!
I have done this too when my youngest daughter was young and rode in her stroller. I'd flip the canopy up and forget something and have to take it back, or a couple of times my daughter would pull an item into the stroller when I wasn't looking and I'd find it under her when we were back at the car.
It happens. I agree, if you spent that much $$, why on earth would you try to steal $30 worth of merchandise...crazy.

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:30 pm

mechimpaired wrote:You should contact the media or hire a lawyer this probably isnt something macys will want to pursue right near the holidays. Just an idea.

agree

caroleena
Black Friday Pro

Postby caroleena » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:43 pm

that is awful. i have never agreed that law enforcement of any kind has the right to denigrate, lie and harass folks. sometimes they are criminals and....sometimes not. however, people should be treated with as much respect as possible. i am sorry for your troubles and even more so for it taking place in the presence of your children.

elle_fleur
Black Friday Pro

Postby elle_fleur » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:57 pm

What a horrible story! Something similar happened to me even though I didn't get caught. I was at Walmart with half a cartful of groceries. I went through the self check out and proceeded to scan and bag all of my items, packed them back in the cart and left the store. On my way home, it occured to me that I didn't remember actually paying for any of it. I looked in my wallet to see if my cash was there (I always paid for everything in cash back then). All of my cash was there... none of it spent! I instantly glanced in my rearview mirror to see if there were red police sirens chasing me down the freeway (I'm a very paranoid person). There weren't any.
Anyway, I got off at the next exit and turned around to go back to the store and pay. The woman at customer service was very nice and commented that most people wouldn't have come back. I told her that what bothered me most about this event was not that I didn't pay because that was just an accident. What bothered me most was that if I had been stopped on my way out... nobody would have believed me when I told them it was just an absentminded mistake. I could have gone to jail and gotten a criminal record! I am horrified when I think what might have happened had security stopped me on the way out.

The moral of the story for store clerks reading this is.... sometimes it really is just a mistake! Sometimes people goof up! Honest!

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:59 pm

you know.....parents would get in trouble for talking to their kids like that......

angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro

Postby angel_of_oz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 pm

People do make mistakes but unfortunately it's those who DO legitimately steal items that ruin it for those of us who sometimes are absent minded and accidentally do stuff like that.

I agree, if you spent $400 in there I don't get why they pushed the issue so hard unless there is something I am missing. I have worked retail and had to stop shoplifters and in my experience no shoplifter I have ever caught spent $400 first. :? I don't really know why anyone would have acted like that.

One would think they have security cameras that if reviewed hopefully it can show this was an accident and just how much time was spent in the store and that it was simply forgot about and not intentional.

dougjamieval
Black Friday Newbie

Postby dougjamieval » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Thank you to everyone reading this and for thoes moms who have goofed. I do have a lawyer. Although I have no criminal record and at 30 I don't want to start. The lawyer said I should just take a infraction pay a fine and have it off in a year otherwise I'm looking at 6000 in fees on top of what iv paied. And I would have to be at court. I drive my husband to treatment mon - fri at 8am. It an hour in a half one way. Then I take him to work drive home to get kids froms school to homework dinner and pick him up we don't get home til 1030pm.I just don't have time, but I don't want this on my name. I am a true believer in karma. I wouldn't have done this for the simple fact with my luck it would come back harder and it did. I am going to write to macys head corp. Its just horrible because I loved that store and always went to sales and events.. targets my new best friend

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm so sorry you were treated that way. I have actually done the opposite...I paid for my food at the drive thru and left without my food! :lol: We are only human,right?

tlwg04
Black Friday Pro

Postby tlwg04 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:40 pm

that was a tad bit difficult to read....or maybe it was just me. Anyhoo, I'm sorry to hear about this. Loss prevention sucks, and I've known them to steal about as much as shoplifters. Go figure.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:18 pm

nippythedog wrote:I'm so sorry you were treated that way. I have actually done the opposite...I paid for my food at the drive thru and left without my food! :lol: We are only human,right?

I have done this with gas too many times to count on one hand. LOL. Pisses me off.

chaddenise
Black Friday Pro

Postby chaddenise » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:47 pm

i remember several times having to go back to stores because of lost items in the stroller!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:09 pm

sorry that happened to you.... although it was a tad bit odd to post a story like that as one of your first posts since it happened back in june.

Return to “Off Topic”