Black Friday Secrets..sometimes work sometimes do NOT!!

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

mcwife
Black Friday Amateur

Black Friday Secrets..sometimes work sometimes do NOT!!

Postby mcwife » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:35 pm

This is something that comes up every year. From Walmart having shipments of Wii's that they were only selling a certain number, then my brother-in-law (who had absolutely no use for a Wii) walked into Walmart in the middle of the day (after I had camped out @ Best Buy to get a ticket 4 years ago so as to not have to get tackled by the WM crowd.. LOL). Pre-ordering is the newest "Cheat" but most retailers "corporates" will shut the cheats down quickly.
These big retailers are going to make mistakes that people are going to take advantage of.
Walmart has "fixed the return problem" they once had by carrying "BF ONLY" merchandise. Expect more of this.
I learned this two years ago when I purchased a portable DVD player for cheap. It was broken when we opened it. The catch was stuck open. When I went back after Christmas they could not even exchange (until I insisted a manager come over) because the EXACT same product was in a display case had a different serial number. The model number was the same.
Every retailer is going to do its best to keep things fair or we'll quit shopping BF and over spending by about $500-$1000 over our budgeted amount. The thing the retailers cannot make fair is that if consumers find the right salesperson at the right time, we consumers, will have an advantage. Timing really is everything!
Anyone who uses sites like this though has a DECIDED advantage over other shoppers who don't. If there is a good "Cheat" for BF it's this site. Heh-Heh-HEH! So, we're GOOD! :D :lol:

krazymop
Black Friday Pro

Postby krazymop » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 pm

um, ok

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Re: Black Friday Secrets..sometimes work sometimes do NOT!!

Postby raymacfla » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:54 am

[quote="mcwife"]This is something that comes up every year. From Walmart having shipments of Wii's that they were only selling a certain number, then my brother-in-law (who had absolutely no use for a Wii) walked into Walmart in the middle of the day (after I had camped out @ Best Buy to get a ticket 4 years ago so as to not have to get tackled by the WM crowd.. LOL).

Please clarify the above statement. :roll:

mcwife
Black Friday Amateur

Postby mcwife » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm sorry. I guess that was pretty random.

I was out in a nasty cold, rain @ Best Buy because I HAD to get a Wii for Christmas and stock was limited. My brother-in-law called me two days later and asked me if I had one yet because he was @ WM and they had 20 or so of them in the middle of the DAY! It was like that for a week after I bought mine and I kept getting calls because one of my aunts & a cousin knew I planned to get it but thought I hadn't because of the nasty weather. I had mine already but nice to know I didn't need to camp out after I did.

Then WM had dvd players that were BF only and even though they sold the samve dvd players on the shelf the serial number was different so they didn't want to exchange it a week after Christmas.

Anyway... I guess I read about BF secrets and remembered being cold and thought if people keep looking for BF secrets I hope they realize sites like this are most helpful to not waste money and retailers fix things quickly to avoid any group of consumers having an unfair advantage. I like to have advantage if there were a secret way to have one more people would be using the secret.

tlwg04
Black Friday Pro

Postby tlwg04 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:42 pm

i am so confused...........

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:03 pm

tlwg04 wrote:i am so confused...........

Same here.

iamkristen
Black Friday Pro

Postby iamkristen » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Lol

mcwife
Black Friday Amateur

Postby mcwife » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:18 am

i am so confused...........

Ehh. :D Maybe you haven't stood in cold, wet weather for something only to find that you could've got it two days later and the price would've been the same.
Maybe you didn't get something @ WM and have to exchange it a week later when it was broke Christmas morning and have them tell you it was BF only merchandise.
I look forward to this time of year very much. I LOVE that feeling I get when I saved a bunch of money. I read someone else's post about "cheat" and read the entire thing. The thing that got me is the post is OLD and still being posted on because there is alot of interest in finding ways to save more money. BF is what it is...
A great day to find great deals on big ticket items that only go on sale on Black Friday.
I shopped these sales as a teenager and now my teenager will probably go this year. I've sat w/ the car running and lined up alot. I've brought blankets, radios w/ headphones, disposable hand warmers.
I just haven't found a real "cheat" (pre-order, return, price-match) that the big box stores don't manipulate themselves to try and make sure the people in line get what they are in line for. That way that the line will be there the following year.
Are you still confused? LOL :lol:
Maybe I should leave the posting to others.
HaHA! I'm probably too ADHD for this. LOL

kevin_405
Black Friday Newbie

Postby kevin_405 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 pm

LOL What a post, only person that understood it was the op

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Re:

Postby BFVet » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 pm

mcwife wrote: I guess that was pretty random.

Nooooooo... not at all.

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Worseley
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Worseley » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Umm... I'm guessing they're saying either price match or buy from Walmart and return to Bestbuy to rip them off?

Besides that I'm not seeing where this is heading. Other stores will always have items others have on sale, doesn't mean they'll match the price 2 days later.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Re:

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:05 pm

nippythedog wrote:
tlwg04 wrote:i am so confused...........

Same here.

We need to go deeper...

tlwg04
Black Friday Pro

Postby tlwg04 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:06 am

ok, now i get what she's saying..........i think.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:23 am

Me so lost.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”