Best Buy

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Re: Best Buy

Postby raymacfla » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Rainman693 wrote:MEH, I can not imagine anyone camping out there

Because of the ad, or in general? This year, the underwhelming TV offering is watered down by spreading the event over three days this year. For the first time in 12 years, I will not be camping.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:31 pm

As I mentioned, I ordered the 10TB HDD from there and had to go inside of a store and pick it up. :roll:

Anyway I went last night and picked up my purchase and they had a TON of TVs sitting right inside the door. Caution tape wrapped around them, they were obviously BF items. I should of taken a picture. Best Buy is a store I never go in (I really don't go in ANY store) but was shocked at how many they had out.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:32 pm

inthedark wrote:This computer isnt in ad but a buy it now type of thing. Can someone tell me if it is any good. A friend is looking for her daughter and it will mainly be used for email, facebook and some games on facebook. I told her I would ask here and if not this one what looks good from the ads in this price range?
Lenovo - 330-15ARR 15.6" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 3 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Onyx Black $319.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-330 ... Id=6266402

Thanks!

I would pass on it. Lenovo is not the brand it used to be. They are competing for your low end dollar with substandard parts and an under-powered processor which will only become frustrating when adding programs.

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:33 pm

teknoge3k wrote:As I mentioned, I ordered the 10TB HDD from there and had to go inside of a store and pick it up. :roll:

Anyway I went last night and picked up my purchase and they had a TON of TVs sitting right inside the door. Caution tape wrapped around them, they were obviously BF items. I should of taken a picture. Best Buy is a store I never go in (I really don't go in ANY store) but was shocked at how many they had out.

The pallets had been there since last week in many of the stores. The best item was the Onkyo receiver for $249.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 pm

I saw this. lots of good reports for Lenovo

Lenovo: 2018 Brand Report Card
By Laptop Mag Editorial Staff | April 20, 2018 08:39 am
0 0 MORE
Lenovo took first place for the second year in a row because of its excellent, highly rated laptops. With its eye-popping, HDR screen (an industry first) and long battery life, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon is the business laptop to beat, while the Yoga 920 has been our favorite consumer 2-in-1 in the past year. Lenovo received 10 Editors' Choice awards — more than any other brand — and a full 53 percent of its laptops scored 4 stars (out of 5) or higher.https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/lenovo-brand-rating

Best & Worst Laptop Brands 2018
By LAPTOP Editors | April 20, 2018 08:40 am
0 0 MORE
Whether you're purchasing a $1,500 gaming laptop or a $200 Chromebook, the brand matters. That's why we rate the top 10 laptop brands each year, based on their support, design, innovation, value/selection and, most of all, product quality.
For 2018, Lenovo retained its place for a second year as the best laptop vendor, but it just barely edged out second-place HP and third-place Dell. Apple, which used to dominate this contest, fell all the way to seventh place, down from fifth last year. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/laptop-brand-ratings
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”