Best Buy

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Best Buy

Postby ikey2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:27 am

https://www.bfads.net/stores/best-buy/ads/black-friday/2018

Shop Best Buy Black Friday doorbusters beginning at 5PM on Thanksgiving Day. You can shop all day online, although the exact start time is unclear. Typically we see the sale go live in the wee hours of the night on Thanksgiving morning. Best Buy will close at 1AM and re-open at 8AM on Friday with new doorbusters being revealed on Friday and Saturday. Can't wait? Fret not. Hundreds of deals are available now.

Best Buy has free shipping on everything all season long. The hot in-store exclusive TV this year -- a Toshiba 43" LED 4K Smart TV for $130 -- is sure to sell out fast. You can also look forward to the Echo Dot 2nd-generation speaker for $20, a few different recently-released video games for $20, and discounts on services like Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Re: Best Buy

Postby headbanger783 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:29 am

Now this ad is better than most others....

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:26 am

Regarding the "will close at 1 am and re-open at 8 am Friday" information, does anyone know where BFAds.net got it? I am not able to find any references about Best Buy's store hours, and I wanted to confirm this information.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:09 am

Shopper X wrote:Regarding the "will close at 1 am and re-open at 8 am Friday" information, does anyone know where BFAds.net got it? I am not able to find any references about Best Buy's store hours, and I wanted to confirm this information.

Page 5 it says "doors open at 8 am on friday" so there's probably fine print in there somewhere that gives more info.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:44 am

bfaddict wrote:Page 5 it says "doors open at 8 am on friday" so there's probably fine print in there somewhere that gives more info.

Thanks. I was able to find a FAQ page on Best Buy's web site that details the holiday hours:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topic ... 8300621076

What are the store hours?

You can shop at BestBuy.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Most Thanksgiving Day ad items will be available for purchase at BestBuy.com starting on Thanksgiving Day, November 22. Most Best Buy retail stores will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 22, close at 1 a.m. on Friday, November 23, then reopen at 8 a.m. on Friday, November 23, and remain open until 10 p.m. Friday, November 23. Select Best Buy stores will not be open on Thursday, November 22, and will have different opening times:

• Maine Best Buy stores open at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, November 23.
  • Massachusetts and Rhode Island Best Buy stores open at 1 a.m. on Friday, November 23.
  • The Union Square store will open Thanksgiving Day at 5 p.m. and remain open until 10 p.m. Sunday, November 25.
  • Some stores may have different hours where required by local ordinances or landlord regulations. Mall-based Best Buy store hours may vary based on mall hours. For the most up-to-date hours, please review your local Best Buy store page.

Rainman693
Black Friday Pro

Postby Rainman693 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm

MEH, I can not imagine anyone camping out there

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:11 am

This computer isnt in ad but a buy it now type of thing. Can someone tell me if it is any good. A friend is looking for her daughter and it will mainly be used for email, facebook and some games on facebook. I told her I would ask here and if not this one what looks good from the ads in this price range?
Lenovo - 330-15ARR 15.6" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 3 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Onyx Black $319.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-330 ... Id=6266402

Thanks!

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 am

I hope someone else chimes in with an opinion. I am not familiar with Windows laptops or CPUs. But, I did some research.

This seems to be a very low-end laptop, but I think it should be perfectly fine for email, Facebook, and Facebook games. I believe that Lenovo is a trusted brand.

Because I am unfamiliar with Windows laptops and CPUs, I am unable to tell whether this laptop is a good value for its price. I do not know whether better values can be found by buying a more expensive laptop that might be disproportionately more powerful or a less powerful laptop that might cost so much less as to be a better buy. Again, I hope someone else is able to help you with this.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:43 am

A lot of the things in this ad, you can buy right now at the BF prices. I just purchased the 10TB external HDD w/ flash drive. The only down side is that it couldn't be shipped to my area so I have to go inside of a store to pick it up which sucks. I'll pick it up Monday.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Shopper X wrote:I hope someone else chimes in with an opinion. I am not familiar with Windows laptops or CPUs. But, I did some research.

This seems to be a very low-end laptop, but I think it should be perfectly fine for email, Facebook, and Facebook games. I believe that Lenovo is a trusted brand.

Because I am unfamiliar with Windows laptops and CPUs, I am unable to tell whether this laptop is a good value for its price. I do not know whether better values can be found by buying a more expensive laptop that might be disproportionately more powerful or a less powerful laptop that might cost so much less as to be a better buy. Again, I hope someone else is able to help you with this.

Thanks so much for your input! Does anyone else have some ideas? Teknoge3k?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 pm

inthedark wrote:

It's an okay system. It would be good for a small kid or an older person who just wants to browse the Internet, check email, do school homework, stuff like that. The price isn't bad and Lenovo is a trusted brand.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
inthedark wrote:

It's an okay system. It would be good for a small kid or an older person who just wants to browse the Internet, check email, do school homework, stuff like that. The price isn't bad and Lenovo is a trusted brand.

Thanks!

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:24 pm

How likely do you think it is that Blu Ray players other than those in the ad will go on sale? My DVD player seems to be getting finnicky and I figure I should upgrade to a Blu Ray player instead of getting another DVD player. I have about $17 left on a gift card for best buy, which is why I'm looking there. I see one with WiFi built in on the website for not much more than regular price of the $49 one in the ad. Would kind of like WiFi if I can get a reasonable price (I'm kinda cheaply so I don't have to run a cable to the other room for streaming. I guess I don't need streaming on the player if I have 2 HDMI ports. Maybe I should check that...

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Zip and PDF files from Hiker:

BestBuy2018.zip (6.1 MB)
BestBuy2018.pdf (7.7 MB)

hschaefer1027
Black Friday Newbie

Postby hschaefer1027 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 am

Is it a correct assumption that everything besides doorbusters should be available to buy online?

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”