Gamestop

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Gamestop

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 pm

12 page ad scan: https://www.bfads.net/stores/gamestop/ads/black-friday

Gamestop will be opening their doors at 4PM on Thanksgiving!

The video game sales have been somewhat dismal this year so it's great to finally see an ad with a few great deals! We are somewhat disappointed that there are no Nintendo Switch Bundles or deals on the system itself, but there are a few games on sale if you already own a console.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: Gamestop

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:05 pm

I am not sure whether this is the final version GameStop ad for Black Friday or whether we will see a new version in the next week.

Two days ago GameStop suspended the PowerPass used game rental program mentioned on the last page of the ad. They pulled/replaced two other flyers that mentioned the PowerPass program. So, I wouldn't be surprised if a new, replacement Black Friday ad were to get printed. (Though if that is the case, I'm guessing they wouldn't change many, if any at all, of the other deals listed in the current ad.)

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:20 am

Zipped images and PDF from Hiker:

Gamestop2017.zip (2.7 MB)
Gamestop2017.pdf (2.8 MB)

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Gamestop has a deal online (don't know if it's happening in stores) right now 4 preowned games (priced $4.99 and under) for $10, so it's basically like buy 2 get 2 free for cheap games. They're also having a "retro flash sale" so it might lower prices for even more games. Just putting this out there in case anyone is interested.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 pm

One of GameStop's Black Friday deals is a used Xbox 360 for $0.00 (free!) after mail-in rebate.

The Xbox 360 costs $59.99, and the mail-in rebate will get you a $59.99 pre-paid Visa card. This is the original Xbox 360 Core model from 2005-7 which I believe came with only a composite AV cable (red, white, yellow) and supports optional component and VGA cables. It doesn't come with a hard drive.

The item on BFAds:
https://www.bfads.net/Item/GameStop-Bla ... ned/422187

Forbes article about this deal:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier ... 10f19a50a3

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Shopper X wrote:I am not sure whether this is the final version GameStop ad for Black Friday or whether we will see a new version in the next week.

Two days ago GameStop suspended the PowerPass used game rental program mentioned on the last page of the ad. They pulled/replaced two other flyers that mentioned the PowerPass program. So, I wouldn't be surprised if a new, replacement Black Friday ad were to get printed. (Though if that is the case, I'm guessing they wouldn't change many, if any at all, of the other deals listed in the current ad.)

The GameStop flyer that came in my Thanksgiving newspaper is the same one as on BFAds. They did not replace the last page. It still advertises the suspended PowerPass program.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”