Walmart

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Walmart

Postby Brian1220 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 pm

carmenslackey wrote:
Brian1220 wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:He's not looking for a TV. He's getting the $499 desktop.

I'm getting a TV though and it most definitely is not 60hz. It's a 4K Ultra Smart TV. There's one on display at my Walmart. I checked it out today. The picture is very sharp and clear. It's going to look great hanging on the wall of my new living room. :)

Brian - If the desktops are not on a pallet, they'll be stacked on the floor like they should be on a pallet. Our Walmart even takes the dozens of printers off of the pallets to maximize floor space.

What is your opinion on the desktop? You think they will be a hot commodity?

I'm not quite sure, it really all depends on the demand for them in your area. I have several friends that work at our local Walmart and asked one of them today about your desktop. She said that as of right now, her store is slated to receive 12 of them and that they won't be ticketed at our store. That could differ at yours though since you're closer to a larger city and I'm up here in the middle of the woods lol.

In my experience, desktops aren't a hot seller in our area. 3 years ago, I took my mom to buy a new desktop at Staples on actual Black Friday. They had 6 there when they opened at 6am. When hubby and I went back over there at 5pm, they still had 3 in stock. But like I said, it could be totally different in your area.

Thank you for asking your friends, I really appreciate that. Does that mean with no ticket that I can go after 6pm if I have to and can go to the pallet and grab the desktop if it’s there.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Brian1220 wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:
Brian1220 wrote:

What is your opinion on the desktop? You think they will be a hot commodity?

I'm not quite sure, it really all depends on the demand for them in your area. I have several friends that work at our local Walmart and asked one of them today about your desktop. She said that as of right now, her store is slated to receive 12 of them and that they won't be ticketed at our store. That could differ at yours though since you're closer to a larger city and I'm up here in the middle of the woods lol.

In my experience, desktops aren't a hot seller in our area. 3 years ago, I took my mom to buy a new desktop at Staples on actual Black Friday. They had 6 there when they opened at 6am. When hubby and I went back over there at 5pm, they still had 3 in stock. But like I said, it could be totally different in your area.

Thank you for asking your friends, I really appreciate that. Does that mean with no ticket that I can go after 6pm if I have to and can go to the pallet and grab the desktop if it’s there.

That is a tough question to answer and has been mentioned couple times in this thread. Each store will be different but most times desktop, won't be flying off the shelves. However that you're local store could be the one where everyone in town is looking for that specific computer and it picked off around 2pm on thanksgiving. If this is something you have to have than would try and get to the store at time you might feel safest about.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:47 pm

ikey2 wrote:
Brian1220 wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:

That is a tough question to answer and has been mentioned couple times in this thread. Each store will be different but most times desktop, won't be flying off the shelves. However that you're local store could be the one where everyone in town is looking for that specific computer and it picked off around 2pm on thanksgiving. If this is something you have to have than would try and get to the store at time you might feel safest about.

If the sales techinally starts at 6pm on thanksgiving, do they make people wait outside before then?

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:53 pm

My store isn't closed so they will be open all day.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:01 pm

ikey2 wrote:My store isn't closed so they will be open all day.

Mine closes at like 10pm but I remember there was those things outside that form lines outside my Walmart

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:21 pm

Brian1220 wrote:

Mine closes at like 10pm but I remember there was those things outside that form lines outside my Walmart

I would suggest checking in with your local store then to see if they'll be open before the 6pm sale time. Usually, if you just stop by the service desk or call them, someone will be able to answer that question for you. I've never dealt with a Walmart that wasn't open 24 hours a day before. My local store used to close years ago before they became a superstore, but I'd just drive 20 minutes up the road to the next closest one that was open 24/7 so I could wait in the warmth of the store instead of standing outside in the cold.

Not sure if it's supposed to down in your area or not, but where I am, there's supposed to be snow/snow showers/sleet on Thanksgiving Day. :shock:

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:30 pm

carmenslackey wrote:
Brian1220 wrote:

I would suggest checking in with your local store then to see if they'll be open before the 6pm sale time. Usually, if you just stop by the service desk or call them, someone will be able to answer that question for you. I've never dealt with a Walmart that wasn't open 24 hours a day before. My local store used to close years ago before they became a superstore, but I'd just drive 20 minutes up the road to the next closest one that was open 24/7 so I could wait in the warmth of the store instead of standing outside in the cold.

Not sure if it's supposed to down in your area or not, but where I am, there's supposed to be snow/snow showers/sleet on Thanksgiving Day. :shock:

That doesn’t sound good at all lol. Snow would be no good. I have a super Walmart a little further down the road so maybe I’ll just go there first. I have 3 Walmart’s in the area.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 am

You should be able to buy it online, and pick it up at the store
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:52 am

lwmjr wrote:You should be able to buy it online, and pick it up at the store

I thought about doing that also. You think I should order it at 12:01am on thanksgiving and to pick up at store. If I do that will they definitely hold it for me right away?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:27 am

Brian1220 wrote:

I thought about doing that also. You think I should order it at 12:01am on thanksgiving and to pick up at store. If I do that will they definitely hold it for me right away?

This is something he really wants though. As we always tell people here, it's not yours until it's in your hands. So many people get cancellation notices, website errors, etc. (See SNES a few days ago)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am

teknoge3k wrote:
Brian1220 wrote:

This is something he really wants though. As we always tell people here, it's not yours until it's in your hands. So many people get cancellation notices, website errors, etc. (See SNES a few days ago)

Does Walmart allow site to store on thanksgiving?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 am

Brian1220 wrote:Does Walmart allow site to store on thanksgiving?

Maybe someone else can answer this. I've never used this service. If I had to guess, I'd say no because it's all hands on deck that day and it's so much chaos and so busy, they have other things to do. I could be wrong though, that's just a guess.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 am

FYI the map is available now for my local store. It may be available everywhere.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:13 pm

teknoge3k wrote:FYI the map is available now for my local store. It may be available everywhere.

I am guessing the desktop could be in 2 spots for me as there is a section near food with electronics and the normal electronics isle

BridgetinMD
Black Friday Newbie

Postby BridgetinMD » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm interested in the iphone 8 deal.

It says iphone activation at 8pm, you can make an appt at 6pm. Does that mean Id have to be in the store to stand in line to get the phone, and then can't actually make the purchase until it is activated until 8pm? Or have to stay in the store until 8 to activate it? I assume that is when you get the GC to WM? I've purchased an iphone thru Target, but not on BF - so they just activated it then and there.

Has anyone ever done this before at WM? Just wondering what to expect. I already have an account thru Verizon, and I've read the fine print so I assume this is NOT for new line activation, but just activating the phone on my account?

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”