Walmart

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: Walmart

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 am

willowsmom wrote:
bfaddict wrote:They have a cheap Instapot. I’m almost scared to go and try to get one.

Don't be afraid of the Instant Pot. It is phenomenal!!

I don't think it is the Instant Pot that she is afraid of. Instead, she is afraid (and rightfully so!) of the hordes of shoppers who will be fighting over the $49 Instant Pot at Walmart this Black Friday.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 am

Shopper X wrote:
willowsmom wrote:
bfaddict wrote:They have a cheap Instapot. I’m almost scared to go and try to get one.

Don't be afraid of the Instant Pot. It is phenomenal!!

I don't think it is the Instant Pot that she is afraid of. Instead, she is afraid (and rightfully so!) of the hordes of shoppers who will be fighting over the $49 Instant Pot at Walmart this Black Friday.

Yes, i'm afraid of a giant stampede because our walmart does not allow you to take items before the sale time :lol:
I think i'm going to take my giant IKEA bag and hope for the best. I might try to get 2-3 because I think my mom and friend want one.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm

bfaddict wrote:
HunterX82 wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:

The BF ad indicates this deal may be available online as well? Thoughts?

Deals can be online BUT its' common practice for orders to get cancelled if it's a popular item. So you can try but don't get your hopes up. If you really want the item you'll want to be sure you get there and get it in your hands.

Yep, I'm with you on that bfaddict. I've had too many online orders get cancelled and would rather have the item physically in my hands that get than dreaded cancellation email. Although, I am going to attempt to do the early access for redCard holders at Target online. Hopefully they'll have the 2 deals I want the most in their 150+ item early access. Fingers crossed. ;)

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 pm

I never start at Walmart, but I need some of those DVDs. I am a little scared :lol: Need to figure out which one to go to.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am

Zipped images and PDF from Hiker:

Walmart2017.zip (4.1 MB)
Walmart2017.pdf (4.5 MB)

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Question, I am really interested in the $499 HP Pavilion Power Desktop. I would buy it online but I am nervous that they won't have a lot. Do you have any idea how many of these they could have in store?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:39 am

Brian1220 wrote:Question, I am really interested in the $499 HP Pavilion Power Desktop. I would buy it online but I am nervous that they won't have a lot. Do you have any idea how many of these they could have in store?

I don't have a number, but I don't forsee them going super fast. In fact I would almost guess you'd be safe picking one of these up on Friday.

Also be sure to check the Staples ad, they have one just as nice (or nicer) for less. (Core i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, Win10 for $369)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:33 am

Brian1220 wrote:Question, I am really interested in the $499 HP Pavilion Power Desktop. I would buy it online but I am nervous that they won't have a lot. Do you have any idea how many of these they could have in store?

If this deal is important to you, I recommend that you go to your local Walmart to do research. Make friends with the department manager and staff and ask them if they could find out that information for you.

Also, some stores even store these Black Friday items above the shelving units, so you might even be able to visually see how many they have.

Finally, you might be able to check inventory on Walmart's web site or using an online inventory checker tool like https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =803136621 . The item is currently showing as out of stock at all Walmart stores. I assume that this is because they are purposefully withholding it from the database until the Black Friday sale. But, perhaps the item might start appearing in the database before then.

The deal in question:
https://www.bfads.net/Item/Walmart-Blac ... 23w/408260

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:21 am

teknoge3k wrote:

I don't have a number, but I don't forsee them going super fast. In fact I would almost guess you'd be safe picking one of these up on Friday.

Also be sure to check the Staples ad, they have one just as nice (or nicer) for less. (Core i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, Win10 for $369)

I wanted the $499 due to the decent graphics card in it. You think I should try and swing by around 7pm on thanksgiving. What time does that crazy line outside usually die down and everyone is in the store?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:31 am

Brian1220 wrote:
I wanted the $499 due to the decent graphics card in it. You think I should try and swing by around 7pm on thanksgiving. What time does that crazy line outside usually die down and everyone is in the store?

You can always add a better video card to the one I posted. To answer your question though, each store is different. BFAddict on here, they don't let people touch pallets in her store. Other stores are hectic and crazy. My store, I can start putting things in my buggy from the pallets as soon as they start bringing them out around 4pm and patiently wait. Like I said though, I don't think that computer will be a hot item and will go fast. If you went around 7 I would think you would be fine. I honestly think you will be able to get them Friday morning, but each store/city is different so I can't tell you for certain. If you want to be absolutely certain you get it and think they may have limited quantity, then you should probably go to the store around 4-5 and be near wherever it is so you can get it when your store allows.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:37 am

teknoge3k wrote:
Brian1220 wrote:

You can always add a better video card to the one I posted. To answer your question though, each store is different. BFAddict on here, they don't let people touch pallets in her store. Other stores are hectic and crazy. My store, I can start putting things in my buggy from the pallets as soon as they start bringing them out around 4pm and patiently wait. Like I said though, I don't think that computer will be a hot item and will go fast. If you went around 7 I would think you would be fine. I honestly think you will be able to get them Friday morning, but each store/city is different so I can't tell you for certain. If you want to be absolutely certain you get it and think they may have limited quantity, then you should probably go to the store around 4-5 and be near wherever it is so you can get it when your store allows.

Yeah I live in the Philly suburbs and I’m not to sure either. I thought about going Wednesday and asking if they had a lot of them but I don’t know if I will get a direct answer.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 am

Brian1220 wrote:
Yeah I live in the Philly suburbs and I’m not to sure either. I thought about going Wednesday and asking if they had a lot of them but I don’t know if I will get a direct answer.

A lot of times, they won't tell you. BTW, welcome to the forums. Do come back on Friday and let us know how you racked up. Good luck getting your computer!

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Brian1220
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brian1220 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:48 am

teknoge3k wrote:
Brian1220 wrote:

A lot of times, they won't tell you. BTW, welcome to the forums. Do come back on Friday and let us know how you racked up. Good luck getting your computer!

Thank you and I sure will. I am hoping I can really get it.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:14 am

Brian1220 wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:

You won't be dealing so much with crowds around the store at 7 but you will be dealing with an incredibly long checkout line. It's best if you can get there maybe 5-5:30 to figure out where it is and if there's a line and then when it's 6, grab your item and head up to the front. you'll be out in no time (don't use a cart if you can). Checkout lines usually take about 10-15 min to start backing up (except for Tek's store because he's the lucky duck that can be waiting at checkout when the sale time hits ;) )

There was one year where I recall we were waiting at the checkout before the sale time. I think our walmart got more strict after that.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Brian1220 wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:
Brian1220 wrote:

Thank you and I sure will. I am hoping I can really get it.

I'm also in PA, but about 3 hours away from you (50 miles or so above the Harrisburg area). I can tell you how the stores in my area work, but as was mentioned, all Walmarts are not created equally. The 3 stores in my area used to let people start putting things into their carts about 2 hours before start time, Over the past 2 years though, you've had to sit by your starting pallet and then chaos ensues about 5 minutes until start time. In my experience, and please keep in mind that I live in the middle of nowhere where there's barely a population, desktops do not fly off the shelves and in our stores, any larger electronics are actually ticketed. My suggestion is that you check the Walmart that you'll be going to's ad tomorrow for the map and see if that desktop is listed on there. If it is, I would suggest getting there about 1-2 hours in advance to get a ticket, just in case. If they have a few in stock, you may be able to get one after the sale starts. In my area, around 6:30-7pm, the employees move the pallets with the extra ticketed items out into the open for the general public to purchase. No matter when you go, it still may be crazy and packed, though you should be able to grab a cart from someone on your way into the store.

Hope this helps! Welcome to the forums and I wish you the best of luck on getting your desktop!! :)

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”