Walmart

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:07 pm

BridgetinMD wrote:I'm interested in the iphone 8 deal.

It says iphone activation at 8pm, you can make an appt at 6pm. Does that mean Id have to be in the store to stand in line to get the phone, and then can't actually make the purchase until it is activated until 8pm? Or have to stay in the store until 8 to activate it? I assume that is when you get the GC to WM? I've purchased an iphone thru Target, but not on BF - so they just activated it then and there.

Has anyone ever done this before at WM? Just wondering what to expect. I already have an account thru Verizon, and I've read the fine print so I assume this is NOT for new line activation, but just activating the phone on my account?

I'm interested in this deal as well, but with the Samsung phone. I asked the manager of the electronics section in my store about this when I was over the other day. The way they explained it to me is that I would need to be back by electronics in a line that they're setting up for it at 6pm. At that time, they'll be going through the line to schedule appointments for activation starting at 8pm. After you receive your appointment time, you may leave the store, as long as you're back in time for your appointment time. So say you stand in the line for your appointment and they give you a 10pm appointment. You can leave, go shopping elsewhere and come back for your 10pm appointment. I would suggest calling whatever Walmart you're going to and talking to their electronics or cell phone department head. They should be able to give you more info. Best of luck!

BridgetinMD
Black Friday Newbie

Postby BridgetinMD » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:34 pm

thank you for your reply! I went to my Walmart today and they had no idea what was going to happen. :shock: So I called later this afternoon and talked to someone who said the phone will be sold at 6pm but to come back after 9pm for activation.

I wish I knew if you could buy online and pick up in store! i'd be happy to do that!!!!

I also can't seem to find the map - are they the same for all walmarts?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:43 pm

BridgetinMD wrote:thank you for your reply! I went to my Walmart today and they had no idea what was going to happen. :shock: So I called later this afternoon and talked to someone who said the phone will be sold at 6pm but to come back after 9pm for activation.

I wish I knew if you could buy online and pick up in store! i'd be happy to do that!!!!

If you go to the Walmart website and go to the ads. Pull up Thursdays ad, and I believe it's on page 2 or 3.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

BridgetinMD
Black Friday Newbie

Postby BridgetinMD » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:08 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
BridgetinMD wrote:thank you for your reply! I went to my Walmart today and they had no idea what was going to happen. :shock: So I called later this afternoon and talked to someone who said the phone will be sold at 6pm but to come back after 9pm for activation.

If you go to the Walmart website and go to the ads. Pull up Thursdays ad, and I believe it's on page 2 or 3.

yes! thank you so much! i totally missed that! LOL

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Having a problem viewing the ad images. Can't locate the page with the blue background that takes me to my local's store map. Hopefully they'll get things right by tomorrow.

I usually go to the same one. Ended up at a different one last year and alll the smaller electronics stuff was bunched into one area with a single entrance. What a cluster.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Vols44 wrote:

Having a problem viewing the ad images. Can't locate the page with the blue background that takes me to my local's store map. Hopefully they'll get things right by tomorrow.

I usually go to the same one. Ended up at a different one last year and alll the smaller electronics stuff was bunched into one area with a single entrance. What a cluster.

Update: my Firefox browser was the "cluster". The ad blocking filters were preventing images. Chrome allowed me to see the light.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 pm

My store says a map is not available :?

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pm

bfaddict wrote:My store says a map is not available :?

A friend of mine who lives even further into the middle of nowhere than I do had that problem last year. She thought she was going in blind and essentially, she was... until she got to the store and they handed her a printed map with the location of all of the doorbusters on it, similar to what the rest of us see online days in advance. Luckily, she got there early enough that she could plan her route of attack. :wink:

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 am

carmenslackey wrote:
bfaddict wrote:My store says a map is not available :?

A friend of mine who lives even further into the middle of nowhere than I do had that problem last year. She thought she was going in blind and essentially, she was... until she got to the store and they handed her a printed map with the location of all of the doorbusters on it, similar to what the rest of us see online days in advance. Luckily, she got there early enough that she could plan her route of attack. :wink:

That's the funny thing... I'm not in the middle of no where and we have 6 other walmarts in the area lol I looked at another map of a store that is nearby so hopefully it will be similar. Although it doesn't really help that much because it doesn't pinpoint where the items I want are really. But in the end it doesn't matter much. I usually get there in plenty of time to wander around and figure out where everything is.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 pm

on the map there's a section for "hardlines" what does that mean?

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 pm

bfaddict wrote:on the map there's a section for "hardlines" what does that mean?

According to this article:

https://www.thebalance.com/hardline-and ... il-2890191
There are two basic forms of merchandise in a retail store: hardline and softline. The term soft goods or softlines refers to merchandise that is literally "soft." Hard goods or hardlines are goods that are "hard" to the touch.

A store department or product line primarily consisting of merchandise such as hardware, housewares, automotive, electronics, sporting goods, health and beauty aids or toys would be considered hardline goods.

A store department carrying apparel or linens (sheets) products would be examples of softlines.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Shopper X wrote:
bfaddict wrote:on the map there's a section for "hardlines" what does that mean?

According to this article:

https://www.thebalance.com/hardline-and ... il-2890191
There are two basic forms of merchandise in a retail store: hardline and softline. The term soft goods or softlines refers to merchandise that is literally "soft." Hard goods or hardlines are goods that are "hard" to the touch.

A store department or product line primarily consisting of merchandise such as hardware, housewares, automotive, electronics, sporting goods, health and beauty aids or toys would be considered hardline goods.

A store department carrying apparel or linens (sheets) products would be examples of softlines.

Lol I swear I thought I posted this earlier (with the same article too) but I must not have hit submit when I got interrupted by a door to door vacuum salesman.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Interesting!
Well I am opting to be a responsible shopper this year and not going for the instant pot. Instead I will put it on my Christmas list in hopes of getting one of the better models.

Now I’m just going for the $2 pop socket and $20 wet/dry vac lol

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 pm

So is it difficult to order from WM online? I am debating staying up for it or risking my life to get DVDs and a few other small items in store. It would make my BF easier if I could order online, too, but I don't want to take hours waiting for the page to load or have my order cancelled. :?

jontacular
Black Friday Newbie

Postby jontacular » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:30 pm

This...might be a dumb question, but what time specifically are the sales going to start online? 12:00am eastern? Central?

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”