Walmart

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby raymacfla » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:17 am

It seems odd that the most prominent merchandiser would have such a small ad in comparison to others.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:12 am

raymacfla wrote:It seems odd that the most prominent merchandiser would have such a small ad in comparison to others.

They might be saving a few things back and releasing something more. Who knows. Out of the super stores, this is really the only ad that doesn't have a 3 day approach. Maybe we will see more from them.

There is nothing in this ad to get me in the store. The past few years I had made Walmart a part of my Black Friday craziness. Guess not this year.

Although this year I'm changing it up. I am attacking Black Friday differently

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 am

Best Buy really made my day by including so many of my want items, like inexpensive 4K movies! Walmart laid a gold colored turd in this category. They really need to get off of the DVD train and push newer technologies. I believe they offered one 4K movie. Cars 3 was either bluray or 4K/bluray.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:56 am

raymacfla wrote:Best Buy really made my day by including so many of my want items, like inexpensive 4K movies! Walmart laid a gold colored turd in this category. They really need to get off of the DVD train and push newer technologies. I believe they offered one 4K movie. Cars 3 was either bluray or 4K/bluray.

I noticed that. I guess since they're offering DVDs so much they will start offering cassette tapes next. They really need to move forward.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

FatherFriday
Black Friday Newbie

Postby FatherFriday » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Someone please share what they thing is good this year at Walmart. 8)

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm

FatherFriday wrote:Someone please share what they thing is good this year at Walmart. 8)

I am going after the Arlo system, and the mini Igloo fridge. That's about it.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:50 pm

FatherFriday wrote:Someone please share what they thing is good this year at Walmart. 8)

I think the google home mini deal is pretty good. Other things that I saw that looked good were: HP wireless printer for $19, DVDs and Blurays for $1.96-9.96. Ozark Trail tumbler 2pk for $12, and the Pioneer Woman kitchen gadget for $20. Btw for those who love the Pioneer Woman's kitchen collection, I saw her crockpot on sale for $25 the other day!

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Dang no 1 hour guarantee? I'm out.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Android fans will like the Galaxy S7 for 299 with Straight Talk.

The late arriving women were not nice when they saw us surrounding the towels and sheets last year. The memory foam rugs also went fast.

Like others mentioned, there aren't a lot of must have items to draw you to their merchandise.

HunterX82
Black Friday Pro

Postby HunterX82 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:58 pm

The 55" Sharp TV would look lovely on my outside patio....But I will be states away from my home....

Are all these deals readily available online for ship-to-store?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:13 pm

They have a cheap Instapot. I’m almost scared to go and try to get one.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:01 am

My list will differ from others since I like to pick up household staples and clothing items from Walmart on Black Friday. However, this year, I'm taking either my 17-year-old son or my dad with me to sit in the line for the $298 Sharp 55" TV. I know there's better deals, but I'd like to avoid having my elderly father or BF newbie son sitting out in the cold for hours trying to get a ticket at a different store, when they can just camp out in an aisle and wait in the warmth at Walmart. I'll pay the extra few dollars for that convenience. ;)

Other things on my list from Walmart are my usual things like jeans, socks and pj pants for my boys, socks, leggings and pj pants for me, towels, bedding sets (unless we get some at Big Lots in the morning), thumb drives, a $19 printer, and other little odds and ends. Plus, I always end up back at the store to pick through the remaining cheap DVDs and Blu-Rays.

HunterX82
Black Friday Pro

Postby HunterX82 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:28 am

carmenslackey wrote:
FatherFriday wrote:However, this year, I'm taking either my 17-year-old son or my dad with me to sit in the line for the $298 Sharp 55" TV. I know there's better deals, but I'd like to avoid having my elderly father or BF newbie son sitting out in the cold for hours trying to get a ticket at a different store, when they can just camp out in an aisle and wait in the warmth at Walmart.

The BF ad indicates this deal may be available online as well? Thoughts?

willowsmom
Black Friday Newbie

Postby willowsmom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 am

bfaddict wrote:

They have a cheap Instapot. I’m almost scared to go and try to get one.

Don't be afraid of the Instant Pot. It is phenomenal!! I previously had a run of the mill pressure cooker that scared me. The Instant Pot is so easy to use and not scary at all. I use it at least a couple of times a week. If you're on Facebook there are Instant Pot groups you can join for info, help and recipes. You won't be sorry if you get one!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 am

HunterX82 wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:
FatherFriday wrote:However, this year, I'm taking either my 17-year-old son or my dad with me to sit in the line for the $298 Sharp 55" TV. I know there's better deals, but I'd like to avoid having my elderly father or BF newbie son sitting out in the cold for hours trying to get a ticket at a different store, when they can just camp out in an aisle and wait in the warmth at Walmart.

The BF ad indicates this deal may be available online as well? Thoughts?

Deals can be online BUT its' common practice for orders to get cancelled if it's a popular item. So you can try but don't get your hopes up. If you really want the item you'll want to be sure you get there and get it in your hands.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”